Can anyone direct me to real Italian sausage?

New Petchburi Pete

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they make Gallo Salame here in SFO sold fairly inexpensively at Costco...hmmm....is there money to be made smuggling salame...? er ah, I mean bringing salame to LOS...? Wait, it is all comming back to me...As I recall, I offered to bring salame to a guy in BKK, and that led to me meeting Si Saket girl...so ah, never mind, no salame for anyone, forget I said a word... :)

New Petchburi Pete said:

Thanks, I'll have to check that place out! ... but, soi zero?

Had pizza at Le Arcate Tuesday night. Asked the, or maybe one of the owners, about his Italian sausage. His English is not very good but sounds as if he has an imported Italian food business in Bangkok. So it's the real deal :) They have the Italian sausages on the main meal menu. I'll try them in few days and report back.

Le Arcate has a front patio with about 12 tables facing Soi Zero. The soi is relatively very quiet and it's a very pleasant setting for dinner. There's also a covered patio area for the rainy season and an air conditioned dining area as well.

There's also a new Italian place under construction near Beach Road at the site of the former New Amsterdam restaurant and also a substantial looking kebab place is soon :: to open beyond there on the left side going away from the beach. There's also a Korean B.B.Q. restaurant and the former Bobby Joe's 60's Bar is now a pub called Tropical Bert's. Bert is from Tropical Nottingham ::

-redwood

Suk Soi 15 and 17 has no italian restaurant; do you mean La Gritta on Soi 19. this is very traditional italian. just after country road on the right side.

i would also suggest to call italian restaurants that are run by an Italian (not in bit hotels) like L'opera, Gianni's, Zanotti, Pan Pan, La Buca, Toscana, Antonio's Trattoria etc. (have been to all of those, number 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 are at Sukhumvit)

"...DOG - OH - isn;t your boy toy JJ smuggling 12inch salami to Bangkok?..."

Frankly, more like those little vienna cocktail weiners... Actually, saying some one is smuggling a 12 inch salame here is SFO is gay slang, it means he has a 12 inch up his...oh, o.k. I get it now... :)

Nervous_Dog said:

No - i's 17 then, half way up the soi,

OK - got it from a friend, La Piola, soi 13

DOG

La Piola is also a Italian food importer and retailer. The shop is actually on the soi that connects Soi 13 to Soi 15, second one in on the left going from Soi 13 to 15. The restaurant originally was just a small sideline that now does seriously well in terms of food sales.

They have a branch in Pattaya on second road nr to the back of the Amari, but its just a restaurant not a food shop although I would imagine, if you want to order something they could arrange it when someone brings the stock down from BKK.

Cheers

Archived