A Night at Nana

Boring_Man

MaiLuk said:

Sigh...

Once again I have to defend the plaza from the poison barbs of the cowboy gang.

Poison barbs? Cowboy gang?

No poison, only a cunningly concocted mixture of curare and ibogaine, guaranteed to render the victim motionless but still capable of ordering drinks--my usual state, in fact.

Cowboy gang? Boy, are you going to be sorry when my pals Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, and John Wayne get through with you. You'll be able to recognize them 'cause they're the only straight guys in town wearing chaps. Take my advice and get outta town by sundown, podnah.

On a more boring note, I don't hate Nana, I only report my experiences. If you have a better time I'm genuinely happy for you. As to my Cowboy credentials, I'll note that recently I've enjoyed myself more at Cowboy, Soi 33, Washington Square, and Soi Zero (God help me) more than at Nana. Those are some pretty disparate venues.

Nana certainly has things to recommend it. I like the layout (barring unexpected explosions) and there are plenty of cute girls. Unfortunately the relaxed attitude which used to prevail in some bars isn't as common anymore. Perhaps not bad for someone looking for a quick ST, but not so good for an evening hanging out or barhopping.

All this is variable, of course. Another night, or going with a pal could always make a difference (my best times at Carousel were always when there were two of us).

Ah, well. I may well be there again tonight, so if you see someone who looks boring, it could be me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi, i am new to the list, but here are my two cents:

Nana Plaza is heaven on earth. you guys have become to spoiled!!! try to remember the excitement you had the first time you came to bangkok. despite NEP pros and cons, you'll never find a place like that in the western world!!!

anyway, if the barfines are too much, then grab a few freelancers outside infront of nana hotel. you will have deceipher out the ladyboys but you can pick up a really quality girl for 1000 or less. last time i was there i had a foursome for only 2400bht!!! 800 baht a girl, thats a steal....

mtNYC said:

hi, i am new to the list, but here are my two cents:

Nana Plaza is heaven on earth. you guys have become to spoiled!!! try to remember the excitement you had the first time you came to bangkok. despite NEP pros and cons, you'll never find a place like that in the western world!!!

anyway, if the barfines are too much, then grab a few freelancers outside infront of nana hotel. you will have deceipher out the ladyboys but you can pick up a really quality girl for 1000 or less. last time i was there i had a foursome for only 2400bht!!! 800 baht a girl, thats a steal....

There have been some good posts on this board lately, including yours, from some newcomers who don't view the world through jade colored glasses.

Everything depends on one's reference frame.

Thanks! :up:

NEP is a place full of gogos and as such you get the real sharks in most of these places.

Gogos are good for looking and having a few drinks but the way these places operate make the girls very cut throat in their approach to punters.

The Cowboy being a little less touristy than NEP is probably better but i prefer to get my girls in other places than from gogo bars.

Freelancers, beer bar girls are all better options in my opinion.

suadum said:

PS, if you make it into PlaySkool and find that the deaf girl who lights her farts is still there, then SMS me and I will join. She is prolly the only thing that could make me return to an NEP gogo :D. Afterall, as my mate GG says "she makes funny sounds when she comes!" Well, that and she *is* hot looking...

Doinked a deaf girl once in Jakarta. Thought I was on the Millinium Falcon as she sounded just like Chewbacca while I was pounding away. Quite entertaining!

GS

jitagawn said:

I could not agree more The farm girls from Nana are mostly just plain rude. The manner of adressing the patrons is er very low class and insulting.

The personal pronouns they use when speaking with their "clientele" are littered with insuluting colloquial inuendos.

Suadam I am back in three weeks after a 2 month $ making venture around the world. Lets have a drinkPm if possible-Fly spoke well of you and he is a bud.

So true. Want to be treated well?? Go to the Thai gogos in Saphan Kwai. They treat you with respect...

As far as rude...yes in all the wrong ways!! Rude everywhere except the bedroom...but guys do not come to Talnd to f#@$ whores they come here to date whores, and most want the "sweet little farm girl. Me I praise the dirty filthy slut who will brag about her many sexual exploits. Hard to find but they are out there...

GS

Nana, again.

Curiousity spurred me on. There had to be some good at Nana and I was determined to find it.

My first stop was Hollywood Rocks on the ground floor. A cute, skinny girl was dancing in the doorway as I entered and happily showed me to a seat, wriggling up against me and touching my "special place". I bought her a drink and we chatted, the barfine question arising almost instantly. As usual, I said I was barhopping; as usual, she offered to join me. She also clearly wasn't listening to anything I was saying in response to her questions (yes, I know none of that's important anyway) and absolutely refused to speak Thai. Gosh, this was fun, but she had to go dance and I was glad to be rid of her.

Onstage she apparently thought she still had a chance with me because she danced energetically and very well (some of the other girls were literally standing around) and making googoo eyes at me and the incredibly annoying upward pointing motion (that's "we go short-time hotel", for those of you who aren't familiar with it). Rather quickly she saw another clown who was absolutely drooling for her and directed her attentions to him. Good move, as said clown barfined her directly from the stage without ever having spoken with her. As she went off a dekserve gave me a thumbs down gesture toward her and removed her almost untouched ladydrink.

Oh, well. I checked out the dancers on stage, among whom there were several cuties. Unfortunately almost any eye contact started the "You take two ladies" and "we go hotel" gestures. Lawdy, lawdy, does this stuff actually work?

I decided to take a second crack at having a good time and nodded over a girl at the shift change. She was much nicer, fairly interactive, and happy to speak Thai with me. Nonetheless the barfine question came up within about a minute of her joining me. I was due for some additional annoyance when I bought her a drink and the dekserve whined aggressively at me to buy a drink for her as well. Later she whined at me for a cigarette. Fun, fun, fun.

Is all this high pressure wheedling a sign of desperation, or a viable business model?

On a boring note, LDs here were 110 baht, as shygye noted earlier.

What to do? This was all a bit demoralizing, so I went to an old standby, Sexy Night. Sexy Night is a little single-wide one flight up where I've never failed to have a good time. When I arrived I was set upon by two very friendly girls, and my favorite dancer waved to me from the stage, seemingly pleased that I'd come back after such a long absence.

Here was the formula: they made me feel at home, they were friendly, they were interactive, they didn't continually press me to barfine, they didn't wheedle and beg, they didn't suck down their drinks as quickly as possible so I'd buy more. In return, I ended closing down the place and buying drinks for four girls (@90baht, rather than the 180baht someone posted elsewhere). I had a great time. The girls aren't the best looking in Nana, but they aren't terrible, and there are a couple I think are very attractive, including one who has the softest skin I've ever felt. There is one katoey here, but he/she was pretty obvious to me (and willingly confirmed when I asked), although perhaps not to he/she was sitting with for a bit. One never knows.

That's enough for now. Bored yet?

Boring_Man said:

That's enough for now. Bored yet?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :)

Oh, a question! Khun Boring Man, nice to see others recongize the same tactics employed by the sales forces and have long-since formulated a standard response. It takes practice, but if u stick to your "tried and true" defenses, they will rarely fail u.

Hugh (mak)

goatscrot said:

Doinked a deaf girl once in Jakarta. Thought I was on the Millinium Falcon as she sounded just like Chewbacca while I was pounding away. Quite entertaining!

GS

C'mon, goatscrot, give us the real story we all want to hear...

Tell us about your nocturnal activities with the famous Thermae Deaf Massage Girl.

Good, eh? :)

PS. Boring Man, please change your handle to Interesting and Fun To Read Posts Man. It fits you better. Keep posting. :applause:

Archived