Meet the Family, Surin style...

Coss

duke,

Thanks for the link. I'm glad someone has been able to confirm the existance of this place.

Must check out the farang connection when we visit at Xmas, think I remember Stick writing something about this place a year or so ago.

I was starting to worry if I'd got the Hotel name wrong or stuffed up something. I knew I'd been there, but was really worried as to how I could ask my wife to call her Uncle and ask him about the Hotel......just imagine the conversation.....Sawadee ka Leung...the fat falang wants to know the name and address of the fish bowl joint you took him to a few years ago. (hehehe)

Was desperately trying to avoid that scenario, if at all possible.

Chock dee Dumsoda

Dumsoda,

I've met and chatted with Martin a few times. The Farang Connection is a good place, has good cold farang beers and some really nice whiskies, and serves the best beef burgers in Surin. I'll have to check out his link. Hadn't seen it before. I haven't been in there since before my Dad passed this past November, so it's been a while since I saw him and have been in the FC. They started the new hotel building just last year, nearly finished I think. You can see it from the bus depot. Big place, although I haven't yet seen which soi connects to it, wasn't really looking though. I'll check it out.

Cent

p.s. Great time in Hua Hin. Nice town, gorgeous beaches. A place I could easily live without any problems at all really. Rents aren't that bad either if you have some connections down there to hook you up. I wouldn't mid spending a couple months a year down there during the low season.

Archived