Which NP members do you miss?

Neo

I can confirm MM does live in Bkk and he told me he did attend some meets in Gullibles without disclosing who he was. :) :) :) :) Second only to Bangkok Phil IMO for entertaining posts, much duller without such characters, scarf man/arai wai was very similar.-peter

:chili::elephant::chili::elephant::chili::elephant::chili::elephant::chili::elephant::yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yikes::rip:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember Maomark at all what happened and how did he die?

Anyone remember robert white who looked like a robert crumb character? scruffy bugger always on the cadge but very talented. They took his ashes round NP in an urn-freaked all the gals out. Also KB girlfriend swears roberts ghost made itself felt. -peter

I miss Amorespores

-----------------------------

That's one guy I wonder about his contributions to "life" :)

ND:

clowns who have it seems have a "Glass is half Full" attitude to life.

-------------------------

When you reach fifty, you find out the glass was and is always full, or not a minute too soon to repair the leaks! Dharma thoguht for the day. ::

Having only been on the board for a couple of years, and not having the depth of LOS experience that many of you have, I dont know if I'm 'qualified' to genuinely miss anyone.

If I had to cite a poster that made me laugh out loud (sometimes in the middle of a work day), it has to be Bangkok Phil - no question. I dont see a lot of posts from the 'hardcore' members who seemed to spend 24 hours a day (!) on the board 12-18 months ago : some of the replies to Fly's posts were almost as long as his own rants ::

I also miss some of the guys who used to post in Regional Sanuk - I guess they got pissed off with answering questions from newbies like myself on the relative merits of China versus Indonesia ::

Sarasin was there, with me, the only Farangs, KB's "Lady" was there and some friends.

The funeral itself wasn;t the funny part, it was kinda sad a man who was both abrasive but a icon was not given a better send off.

However one of the ASFO reglars became fixated with the "Ashes". Lets call him Mr P.

Personally I had suggested to Sarasin putting them in the river, as this was something Robert loved, and was obvious in his writings, often about the rived, or ferry.

However, somehow Mr P got hold of Robert's ashes, during a farewell tour of Nanaplaza I believe (image how the gilrs, scared of ghosts at the best of times, thought of that)

Many a drink was bought for Roberts ashes, but they never resipricated.

Somewhere, Mr P took the ashes, and back to his home country near Thailand.

There - they where placed beside the ashes of Mr P's ex girlfrind.

Now - apparently the ghost of Robert and the ghost of the ex could be heard at night having far to good a time.

So Mr P got very jelous, and returned them to Bangkok, I am not sure, but a 2nd tour of Nanaplaza may have occured, and again, Robert, true to form, didn;t buy a single drink.

Afterwards, I think, Sarasin knows better than I, that he eventually found peace in the river, where I think he belonged all along.

More details than that, but enough to get the idea.

Imagine stealing the ashes, and taking them across a border, then bringing them back!

DOG :chili:

That P would have been the one who went around taking pics of Roberts haunts including where he lived, weird. Interesting that robert managed to by exactly the same amount of drinks when dead that he did when alive :) At least he was a bit more presentable after the cremation. I understand he went downhill after a chinese girl he married and took back to USA fucked off, he lived in china for several years I believe. He worked for IBM at one time and knew lots of techie stuff.-peter

I saved that brilliant piece of writing from Sarisin. Funny, it was one the first things I ever read on the net relating to LOS scene, and very little better has come ever since, that's 5 years ago (already! :().

probably because these were guys who really put the finger in the fire, true characters, true fools who answered the call of the sirens, true LOSperados. Now everyone is defending himself to fall for it, bragging they know the game, on top of all the parameters, "me? won't get fooled", etc...

The most interesting guys have always been the guys who stuck it out to get burnt. No matter how foolish. what the fuck is life for anyway, just fucking, standing in line at the sex supermarket of Thailand? boring and sad .

Won't get fooled ever..... the song ended with "...again". big difference in my book. The difference between life and predictable nothingness.

PS: I should not have drunk before eating.... What was i saying? ::

127 - 13407 posts and in only 5 years? MAN you must have been posting, your still a newbie then!

Where you on asfo then? The funeral was in 2000/2001???

I managed to beat Sarasin to the posting a report. was a very funny odd event.

Still - I greatly miss Roberts writings, regardless what he was like in person, his writings where good!

DOG

Archived