Which NP members do you miss?

Neo

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2001 seems to be right by my memory too, wheres Sarasin. Just checkedd with the wife. 2001 was the event.

The other sad part was how he was found, and full credit to Sarasin for the very sad and messy job he had to do. I hope he doesn;t mind me saying that, pm me and I;ll delete if so.,.

Also afterwards, Sarasin took great pains to find his relatives and pass on comments to them.

Good man for that!

DOG

13407 posts and in only 5 years?

----------------------------------------

I'd say, if you add it up as chit chat, just worth a few good rounds around beers in our favorite LOS watering holes between chums, for a couple weeks.... er...Edits included ::

IMO, there are way too many guys sitting around, mostly sipping, with the occasional burp! :: :)

Yep, ASFO, not long, 2000 (or 2001, reading you guys, not long anyway) I'd say. not many posts.

back then my "home" was Pattayalovers Yahoo, with the 9/11 event starting the big postings on NP.

thai3 said:

Yep it's good to know there are guys like Sarisin around-peter

Why thanks, Peter and the couple of others who made nice comments about me and my writing in this thread.

It is strange being missed and almost eulogized when I am still reading and occasionally posting on this site.

I am amazed that 15 members even took the time to say I am missed. Hey, can I vote as "missing myself?" :)

Maybe because I am still here posting occasionally what those who voted for missing me meant was they missed the deluge of Nightlife posts I did for a few years here. I think 90% or more of my posts were in that section, and I still believe that is the theme that drives this site.

And, that, gentlemen is likely the reason I am not so active on this site any more. For a variety of reasons, I just don't do the bars much at all, and thus have little to write except from a nostalgic standpoint. Excuse the pun, but doesn't that get old? I think most want to read what is going on NOW, not 5 years ago. I know I did.

So, I tend to scan the board once a week or so. It is still interesting to read at times, but not from a Nightlife perspective as far as I am concerned. I don't post much because I don't have much to add to the threads.

As for the Robert White episode, yes, it was a big deal on ASFO, but again, yesterday's news. I am working on a website-bloggy type of thing and I intend to have a section where I randomly throw out stories, convention reports, etc. that I wrote in the past for a variety of sites (including KS's paysite) or just for myself. Maybe the Robert White saga might appear there some day.

In case anyone cares, I am currently in New Jersey where I am working before returning to Thailand shortly. I have pretty much said sayonara to my former company and went through the lovely procedure of getting a retirement visa which I now have in my hot little hands. I intend to spend my days 80% in Thailand (but maybe not in Bangkok) and 20% back here in the Garden State contributing to my gross tonnage with massive quantitites of cheesesteaks, hoagies, and soft pretzels. :o

And, oh by the way, I have finally found the best Thai girl in all of the world. You other guys keep lookin'. She is living with me and life is great in that regard...

I would never rule out an occasional relapse when I would fill my pockets with toys, plastic rings, rubber snakes and head out to the bars with my trusty PEZ dispenser in hand. But, I fear my short-time and tripleheader days are behind me.

As a result, not much writing here, but rather lurking and enjoying some of the stuff you guys write. Call it passing the torch, I guess.

Again, thanks for the votes guys, but I am still here, so no reason to miss me. ::

Conratulations on being in love with the girl of your dreams. I think you are right that this is what most of the guys are looking for, Eventually, I hope thai girls can be remembered for the love they gave, not just the sex they sold.

Wishing the 2 of you health and happiness.

Any little sarisin planned?

Archived