Is it allright to hit your children?

limbo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DarLek is very strict, and occassional did it, however we then noticed Jing-Joe suddenly hitting also, so stopped and she stopped.

That said, verbal abuse, I can remember teaches verbally making me feel like a complete idiot, still hurts (group hug) however I got canedd about once a week at scchool, often more often, never bothered me.

DOG

Short answer: yes.

Of course I'll do anything do avoid this and one should start from a very early age (unlike some spoilt bastards I see in Thailand aged 8+) but if the combination of my teaching methods without violence and the kid's naughty character doesn't work out well then I have no problems smacking him/her on the ass. No problem at all, won't do it with a smile on my face though if you understand what I'm saying.

Kids need to be taught discipline one way or another. Unfortunately I learned it the hard way but that was really my wrong. Glad my old man did teach me though as I wouldn't know where I'd be now without it.

To each his own.

Hi

I think times have changed on this....i got a few wacks when i was a kid...i grew`up ok ..

These days it is frowned on....

You guys get the TV show...Super Nanny???

She goes into homes and helps sort out this stuff ..interesting how she wins over the kids

But you don't get to see the kids she fails with who do need a fucking good smack :) I think as a last resort when the kid has gone well beyond the pale it's effective and does no harm. Smacking routinely in place of explaining why they should not do something is not an effective way of managing bad behaviour. Worst of all are the parents who repeatedly threaten something if the brat carries on, but then never carry out the sanction, this just makes things worse. I can't stand the PC shite that says never smack a brat and also wrap them up in cotton wool. These sorts probably offer the kids therapy when the dog dies ::-peter

Actually I agree with Peter - If at a last resort - it'll happen, problem is Thai mothers can be fly off the handle very quick.

I also think being a Luk-krung, like my kid, who weighs 1/3 of my wifes at at age 3 (and almost as tall as her 7 year old cousins) it's hard to disipline her sometimes, she is just strong physically.

Also being Luk Krung, she is continuall touched when walking down the soi. Sometimes she likes this, sometimes it pisses her off, meaning she gets grumpy at times a Thai kid wouldn;t

Adds up to some situations that are trying to say the least

DOG

Nope.

I have talked with my wife over a long time about this and made it clear that this were a no negotiating issue.

To my surprise a 'reality' show made her see that hitting, pinching or flipping was not necessary.

Nanny 911 to the rescuse :)

I have both experience with ?problem children? and I have worked with Autists / Asperger with behavioural problems, and I simply do not need hitting to modify their behaviour, not to mention I would have been fired if I in any way got physical.

Also agree with Thai 3 on this one, and really point out that it has to be a last resort action indeed.

As ND's girl, mine is Luk Krung as well and is indeed taller than her nieces and a lot of nephews older than her. Although a lot of folks wanna touch her as well, it never seemed to prompt a reaction as of now.

Archived