Bar fine after closing hours

camerashy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, short-time.

First I disagree with your statement that businees is worse now. It is definitely slower than three years ago. But, most bar owners feel March was about the same as last year. April was dismal. But, April is always dismal. May seems to be doing OK.

Having said that, I don't think any of this would change what a bar owner thinks about this issue.

My guess:

1) 100% feel BF is owned if girl leaves with customer either during the evening or at closing

2) 100% feel it is owed if the girl leaves alone in mid-shift.

3) Most feel a BF is owed if the girl is bar fined on Tuesday and doesn't show on Wednesday.

4) Most feel it is owed if they leave seperately at closing and hook up later. But, most think it is too much trouble to investigate and enforce. If they see it, they do something. Otherwise no.

5) A very few feel that whatever the girls does during the 24 hours is bar finable. But only a very very few have the capapbility to enforce this if they provide lodging.

Probalby over the years the concept has been relaxed. But, I think that has more to do with mobile phones than with whether bars are doing good or bad. Phones are a real double edged sword. Girls can be summoned in the middle of the day while a few years ago you had to go to the bar if you wanted to find a girl (and pay the Bar Fine). Of course, with a mobile phone it makes it easier for a customer to call the girl in mid-shift and tell her to come to his room...bar fine of course.

Interesting thoughts about the mobile phone Top Cat.

Do you think there are a lot more freelancers around since the popularity of mobiles took off.

It seems to me that for some of the really good operators there is no need to to be confined to one bar or one establishment.

With mobiles and internet the savvy girls can get a lot of customers without the constraints of working for one place.

Archived