Bar fine after closing hours

camerashy

Old Hippie said:

Other bars don't care. The Mamasan of one bar told me "wait 20 minutes, you won't have to pay bar..." as they were soon closing. Had a few more drinks, and saved the rest! All depends on the place.

I've had that happen as well. And I can remember on my first trips on Samui, when I was a bit younger, girls would sometimes whisper to you to meet them at the disco just to save you the BF.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, some bars have strict policies regarding BF?s which they expect the girls to collect even after closing time. Guess these owners figure if you meet a girl in their bar they deserve their cut even if they are closing and kicking you out the door... Others don?t seem to care.

I can tell you that on my last three trips I would often sit in my favorite SC bar drinking with my favorite girl until the bar closed, then after settling my bill we would walk out the door together. Did this many times with never a mention of paying bar - YMMV. On the other hand, the NEP girls (at least in the past) generally had to be very sneaky about this kind of thing or they would get into trouble.

Overall, with BKK bars and discos now pretty much all closing down at the same time it seems like the after closing time barfine BS is no longer enforced like it once was.

ST

short-time said: On the other hand, the NEP girls (at least in the past) generally had to be very sneaky about this kind of thing or they would get into trouble.

Overall, with BKK bars and discos now pretty much all closing down at the same time it seems like the after closing time barfine BS is no longer enforced like it once was.

ST

I think it might be a thing of the past, as you speculate. Last month I was picked up by a G-Spot dancer as she exited the Nana disco with two of her barmates making their way through the parking lot. 1500 VERY long time. Same the next night when I barfined her about 8:30. Also met a Hollywood dancer at about 2 a.m. in the Nana car lot. 1500 LT was easy. Like u say, with hundreds (thousands) of bar girls leaving work about the same time and mixing in with the freelancers, would be pretty tough for a bar owner to get a handle on it. I mean, how much lost sleep is worth a few missed barfines. Plus, if the owner doesn't like it, the girls can always find another place to dance...no problem for 90% of em.

at the end of the month, more and more nana / cowboy gals will go for less money, or agree to meet with you outside the bar after hours for no barfine. The simple most common reason is they HAVE TO make their rent...

lots more freelancers around doing the same thing, too.

peace!

Dude

I suppose it all depends on how much you want the girl.

500 baht is not going to put me off if i really want her.

Sometimes it is a scam sometimes not. You could easily call the girls bluff by saying that you were going to check with the mamasan the next day. I think you would then find out very quickly whether she was telling the truth or not.

I really don't care much about the bar fine as i still see it as not much money but can understand for guys that live full time in Thailand there is no need to ever pay a barfine really.

i remember one time when my #1 Girl was off sick with an eye infection and took her out one Night for a meal.

we were seen together by someone from her Bar and the Mamasan was informed.

when my Girl returned to work she was told she had to pay the BF for all her off-Days as she had 'obviously' been with me (she hadn't) and that she had deprived the Bar of money.

when she refused she was threatened with the sack and when i heard i went apeshit.

knew the Mamasan pretty well,but gave her a piece of my mind and told her to leave my Girl alone.

explained that i had just taken her to the Hospital and was walking her back to her room (a little lie.......shame on me).

after that,as far as i was aware nothing else was said to her.

Archived