Bar fine after closing hours

camerashy

I was in my fav SC gogo bar last week with a visiting mate of mine, and was soon joined by a girl I had barfined on several occasions in the previous few months. My mate was also very interested in her friend, and so the 4 of us were having a great time together. But you know how time flies when you are having fun, and it was soon 1:00am and closing time. So the 4 of us decided to head to the nearest pool hall for a few games before 'retiring' for the night.

At around 2pm we decided to call it a night, but were then told we had to pay the barfine for the girls. WTF - the bar was closed, and they had already left. But they were insistant - no barfine, no company. They said they were not allowed to go with a man without the barfine being paid, or their boss would know and they would be in trouble.

The understanding I had about barfines is that it is to compensate the bar for their employee being missing. But this was well and truly after hours. So on principle we declined, and sent them back to their bar. There were other choice pickings on the walk back to the hotel anyway, so all was not a total loss!

Is this insistance on a barfine after hours normal? I had barfined this girl before, but a 500 baht donation to the bar for apparently nothing was just over the top.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know someof the bars have a policy against girls meeting guys in their off hours. The bar feels it is being denied "their cut." Some of the Nana bars offer a "bounty" of sorts, turn in a coworker you know is meeting off hours, earn a commission. The idea is, the girl could schedule all her "dates" when she is off, and pocket the bar fine. Some other bars don't even have bar fines to speak of...the girl may get a salary cut, but she makes it up from the customer...

Other bars don't care. The Mamasan of one bar told me "wait 20 minutes, you won't have to pay bar..." as they were soon closing. Had a few more drinks, and saved the rest! All depends on the place.

You did the right thing in not paying. Lots of possibilities why the girls were asking for the 500. They might not have met their "off" quota and were trying to make up for it? OTOH, some bar owners/managers are just greedy. Phuk em.

Hugh

this is pretty common in SC as well as NEP or PP. if you walk with the girls out of the bar even the bar is closing or has closed already, you have to pay the BF.

of course you can agree with the girl on a discreed location to meet where nobody from the bar will see her. this of course safes you the barfine.

now in SC there are several bars, where the girls (or some part of the girls) are living on the premises. there is usually a strict control and when the girl is not there after the bar has closed, somebody is expected to pay the barfine; if this is not a customer, it would be herself who has to pay.

I think this case is absolutely clear.

The extra 500 baht wasn't going to the bar but to the girls.

Look at the facts. Girl and guys have left the bar and on different premises.

The bar actually has closed at this point in time.

Who the freak is going to know? If someone was going to "rat" the girls out (which could be the case with pain in the ass owners) then I'm sure they would have said a different cab solution or something.

I don't think the barowner even figures in this. The girls thought they could get an extra 500.

<<burp>>

Ya maybe true. But I was with a fav gal in a fav bar a few nights ago. She had been BF's already (early, ~2000) and had returned from her ST. She stayed with me until closing and then turned in all her chits for her drinks (I prolly bought her 5-6, as usual). She came back pretty ticked off saying that the mamasan accused her of going to go with me after the bar closed. Now I spend a lot of money in this bar and she was technically already off the clock, so I was a bit pissed off at that too. So I called the mamasan on it and she admitted that that is what she said. I told that that was not going to happen and if it did it was none of her biz because the lady in question was already BFd and to piss off. Mamasan apoligized.

Said lady friend was so angry at mamasan that she "made" me take her to the hotel down the street after work to spite the mamasan LOL! I really was not going to shag her that night, but the lady insisted! Goody for me.

Cheers,

SD

Gummi and Suadan sum it up best -

Dont pay!

I have a mate who who lives at the nana, has a standard offer to most girls he knows are good performers.

If no one barfines you by end of shift and you need some baht, knock on my door.

NEVER would he pay a barfine.

DOG

Gummigut, that's what I thought at the time, but you would think that when it became obvious that the 500 was not forthcoming, and we were walking, they would have quickly come up with a 'solution' to the problem, such as the separate taxis as you suggested. As it was they missed out on a nights 'wages' over this. They would have known we were not going to miss out on our nights entertainment, because we had a long walk back to our hotels.

Since then I've had 2 phone calls and several SMS's from my girl, but no mention of the bar fine incident. Strange indeed!!!

Archived