Bargirls lazy mans girlfriend?

walletss

I constantly come across posts by board members who are involved in relationships with bargirls and I have to ask myself why one would look for the long shot when a surer thing is so readily available.

My conclusion is that it?s just laziness. Seems like most are too comfy on their bar stools to network and find ?better quality? relationships outside the P4P scene.

It?s not exactly difficult when you are a farang. There are so many Thai women who are not into scamming quick money and want a quality relationship with a guy that can add value and meaning to their life.

Really are we a lazy lot that just want what we can grab and fondle from the bar stool without spilling our beer?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be attempted to agree about expats who speak fairly fluent Thai. But for tourists, who has the time to get a relationship with a non-BG going? If you are here for two weeks, are you going to spend that time just trying to get a gal to go out with you to McDonalds or to a film???

Also, plenty of expats simply do not want to get married, at least not yet. Get yourself a non-BG girlfriend and she will almost immediately start thinking of matrimony. It's a lot less complicated to make friends with a BG, who has probably been disappointed by enough guys already that she doesn't seriously expect the relationship to last all that long.

walletss said:

..... why one would look for the long shot

Hi ss,

I am not sure that most people go out looking for relationships. They just happen - or start to happen, continue and grow. Some people find a mutual attraction is there with a BG and a relationship is the end result. In my case, I knew GF for 18 months before it started to turn "serious" and now, three years later, it is as strong a bond as I have ever experienced, despite the fact that I no longer live in Thailand.

So, I don't agree with your theory - and not just because I don't want to be branded lazy. I am more than willing to admit openly that that is one of my failings.

Khwai

So I guess the rest of us i.e. not living locally, not speaking thai, not semi-presentable, non friendly etc will have it rather hard & thus better off being 'lazy' ;)

Of course the valid point put forward that many of us may not be looking for 'someone', but as we tend to meet quite a lot of BGs vs. rather few NBGs - well the nature of chance takes its odd way...

I am not sure if it is laziness or a lack of clarity on the guy's part....

The problem stems from guys equate access to sex as entry into a relationship and this can be the kiss of death or at least lead to a lighter wallet and a lot of misery..

Guys need to be clear in their minds first on what they want and whatever their objective is or are, then they need to understand where and what to look for...

Guys seem to start out looking for fun and games but some inner unconscious need to bond with someone in a relationship seem to take over and many guys just lack the ability to recognize their changing desires, practice invincible ignorance or just don't understand the scene too well...

Trying to turn BGs into meaningful and stable relationships take on that definition of "insanity" - "wanting a different result but keep doing the same thing over and over again..."

Guys really need to accept the blame because they allowed themselves for sticky situations to develop...

It would be interesting to know if there are/were guys out there whose primary intentions when entering the bar scene was to snag a GF or a wife? I wonder if anyone would admit to it? This is the group where you could possibly label "lazy" regardless of the outcome of their relationships. I equate it to belonging to one of those duck or pheasant clubs and shooting the birds fifteen minutes after they were let out of their cages...

CB

>>>>>>>>>>I constantly come across posts by board members who are involved in relationships with bargirls and I have to ask myself why one would look for the long shot when a surer thing is so readily available.<<<<<<<<

A surer thing other than a bargirl? 5555555555

Guess again! Wanna date a non-prostitute Thai girl with 2 weeks vacation under your belt? No very likely.

>>>>There are so many Thai women who are not into scamming quick money and want a quality relationship with a guy that can add value and meaning to their life.<<<<

When you are leaving her in 2 weeks?????? Get serious. You must be talking about guys who live in BKK.

Given that fact, is true. But you're also assuming that those BKK farang want something more than sex. Which in a lot of cases, may not be the situation. Those that seek out prostitututes, often do for a reason. Unlike you, they do not want a relationship. They just want sex, and none of the ensuing baggage that comes along with a commitment. It may not be what your after, but don't put down those that want different.

If you're talking about guys who get involved with a prostitute, and who are serious about a relationship, then god help them. That's not being lazy. That's taking on an incredibly difficult task, and being lazy is the very last quality you need to possess, to get around that.

HT

It?s not exactly difficult when you are a farang. There are so many Thai women who are not into scamming quick money and want a quality relationship with a guy that can add value and meaning to their life.

There we go again. Although I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to get involved with a BG, there's really no need to paint them as scammers. Some do, and some don't, it's the same as with punters. I have met some extremely nice and honest BGs and one of them happens to be my wife. I also know some "good" girls who just happen to be no-good cheating, lying bitches searching for that ATM.

On the punter part who falls for a girl, laziness has nothing to do with it. If you fall for a girl, you fall. If you would go looking for a better deal, you weren't in love to begin with.

Archived