Japanese karaoke bar girls

port

Hi,

"One time she told me they have to pay 200 baht for something, but before she said that it was 3000 baht."

The 200 Baht is almost certainly the price of a 'ladydrink', which in these places is a measure of time (usually 45 min) she will spend with a customer. The 3,000 Baht could be the 'barfine' (15 'drinks'), which just like in a gogo bar does not guarantee anything.

Sanuk!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@long gun

to make it simple:

Age of consent is 15 years old in Thailand

If money or presents are involved it is 18 years old for everyone.

You can find all the details in Section 277 of The Thai Penal Code.

The minimum age limit for heterosexual, lesbian and gay relations (since 1987: before it was 13) is set at 15 (Art. 279 CC). On 14 October 1996 a new "Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act" came into force which criminalises sexual acts with minors [whether hetero or homo] (under 18) "in the place of prostitution" (Art. 8: 1 to 3 years and a fine). "Place of prostitution" is defined as: "the place provided for prostitution or allow the prostitution to be taken place, and means to include the place used in contacting or procuring other person for the prostitution" (Art. 4)

:topic:

Which, I thought, is exactly what I said, Drogon. The girl is 17, no money is changing hands so, legally, there is no crime here. I am not saying that this may not lead to problems but your first post contradicted what you have just written, given that Port clearly stated he is not paying her.

@Long Gun

I do not think I made a contradiction, technically if he offered her a drink it will still be considered a gift.

I meant that in case of problems she is still underage,

no matter if he offered her a drink or not.

Legality and Thailand are two different things in this particular case IMHO.

I maintain I am right due to the fact that last year I bfined

a girl from long gun (the bar not you)

::

and when the hotel desk checked her ID it happened she was just 17 years old

=> I hope he will avoid such problems

:topic:

>>"Place of prostitution" is defined as: "the place provided for prostitution or allow the prostitution to be taken place, and means to include the place used in contacting or procuring other person for the prostitution"<<

I have a question. Is that new massage place Accane a place of prostitution since no intercourse?

As already said, I would be a bit careful regarding the age thing.

My reading is that if you do not pay her then sleeping with her would be legal - but in practice I think there would be enough potential to cause you problems if anyone has a problem with your relationship ( Family, Boyfreind, Jealous Freind or even later a disgruntled Her!) - especially for a Farang with an "age gap".

Maybe find out when she is 18 :: :: :: (hopefully not too far away!)

drogon said:

I meant that in case of problems she is still underage,

no matter if he offered her a drink or not.

Legality and Thailand are two different things in this particular case IMHO.

Yes, I agree with that, undoubtedly.

drogon said:

I maintain I am right due to the fact that last year I bfined

a girl from long gun (the bar not you)

::

and when the hotel desk checked her ID it happened she was just 17 years old

This is like 'What Happened Next?' on 'A Question Of Sport'!!

Refused entry? Sent her back?? Took the chance???

Guest lazyphil

Make sure she has your phone number and cordially ask her to call you on her 18th birthday, saves any possible jail time!

>>Age of consent has nothing to do in this case as if there might be some problems, she's still underage regarding thai law.<<

Dunno where Port comes from (Portugal??) byt having "consumated" relationship with <18 yrs also violate laws of many western countries ...

Archived