Help me, or I am going to explode!!

fatbastard33

FB,

Along with my many talents (not) I am also a certified personal trainer.

Weight loss is of course 80% diet. The folks that are advocating the high protien low carb diet are right on the money. I DO NOT eat rice (except when brown rice is available). I live on meat and veges. The beautiful thing is you can eat ALL you want and still slim down. As far as booze is concerned NO BEER or SWEET MIXERS. Whiskey soda is ok but Whiskey coke is not. Also eating many small meals a day is important. I suggest at LEAST 4 spaced 3 hours apart.

Working out is important. Join a gym adn gt a personal trainer. I am a member at Calif Fitness and it is a good facility and they have some competant trainers.

Fitness is a lifestyle and requires commitment. The results are lasting and worthwhile.

Good Luck,

GS

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Fat bastard,

I have a similar problem to you and last night I weighed in at 16 stone 10 which is a good 2 stone more than I was last July after I came back from a 3 month trip to LOS.

Fortunately I am flying out tomorrow night to start my Tesol course in Bhan Phe and hope to spend at least 12 months working.

In that time and mainly due to the fact that I will not be able to afford lots of beer and shit food, I fully expect to get that extra 2 stone off.

The thing that shamed me the most is that I have had to nick 5 pairs of trousers off my 68 year old father as my 38 inch gut has moved to 40 inches.

Oh yes, I would also expect to get a lot more exercise out there but I will have to be careful as a game of football with my 11 year old nephew had me gasping for breath the other day.

I do not want to be pictured on a slab on the pattaya mail news channel with the comments

ANOTHER FAT WESTERN BASTARD HAS A HEART ATTACK WHILST ON THE JOB.

Good luck

Kevan

137.9 Kilo's, Ferk me that is big!!

I was up to 115 Kilo's but I'm 1.83 M tall, got down to my current weight of 92 Kilo's with exercise only. For me thats the only thing that works. Joined a gym 18 months ago and go for an hour nearly every day, exercise has the continuing benifit of raising the rate of metabolisim. So once you are into the routine of regular sweating its fairly easy to keep it off. I can tell you fat guys there are NO positive aspects of being fat. Lose a bit and your sex life will improve as well as your overall quality of life.

Good on you, mate, for doing something about it. If you don't love yourself, who else will? Personally, I hate exercise regimes. I'm hopeless. I inevitably get bored with them, and my will power is weak when faced with a choice between a gin and tonic and a good book, or a visit to the gym. I need a purpose in my exercise. I bought a push bike to get around on in Pattaya, but inevitably found myself cycling to my favourite bars. I love mountains and with the Himalayas only a couple of hours away from LOS in Nepal, 2 or 3 weeks trekking on a diet of rice and vegetables and seeing some of the most magnificent scenery in the world does the trick for me. Adapt that to wherever you live. Get a mate to drop you off in the countryside somewhere. He'll meet you in a carpark 2 or 3 hours walk away. You've "got to" walk to get out of there.

If all that fails, stick a 500 baht note behind your ear. It will improve your looks no end!

Good luck, mate. Keep us posted. I'll shout you a Diet Coke next time you're in Pattaya.

how tall are you..if your desperately looking to drop some weight go to www.medprescribe.com or www.e-script-md.com

I just saw phentermine available on line. I am going to get some myself, my doctor would only give it to me every two months, you can bypass that, online and get a three month supply.. it works to stop your cravings for food and does not make you two wired! also get some exorsise..walking.. but the best is a trip to los... crazy.gif" border="0

[ October 14, 2001: Message edited by: togaduke ]

[ October 14, 2001: Message edited by: togaduke ]

I am 6ft 1in and played a lot of very active sport at University at about 92kg.

I like my food and grog, especially wine, and if I don't watch it my weight can go out of control very quickly.

The highest I have been is 107kgs, and am currently a little on the heavy side at 99kg. I have found the best way to control my weight is

high protein diet - meat, chicken, fish with lots of salads

stay off the grog three days a week

exercise three times a week at the gym or power walk for an hour instead of the gym.

Best of luck - most of all it is about the mind, and the best way to help that is to obtain a strong Asian GF/wife, which I have the good fortune to possess.

As promised the results so far of my weight reduction programme which started on Monday 8 October 2001:

8 October - 304 lbs: 21st 10lbs : 137.9 kilos

15 October - 299 lbs: 21st 5lbs : 135.5 kilos

A weight lose of 2.4 kilos (5.3 lbs to be precise), not too bad a start. I think I deserve a 7 out of 10 for that - not quite in the stunning category but something you can show your mates!!

First of all may I thank everybody for the contributions which were made. I was quite amazed at the number of responses. It was quite overwhelming but did the trick.

I watched very carefully what I ate; also I reduced my alcohol intake and did quite a bit of exercise.

However, the thought of being accountable to many people on this Board was a very, very powerful tool. For example, yesterday (Sunday) whilst out playing golf I was forever giving great thought to what I would be eating and drinking that evening knowing I would be weighing in today.

Once again thanks for the help.

Fatbastard33

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: fatbastard33 ]

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: fatbastard33 ]

Great stuff. My experience says that you should be able to lose 2 - 2.5 kg a week provided you watch what you eat and drink, and provided you exercise, and with a major impact on your general well being.

On my calculations by Xmas, you should have lost 20 - 25 kgs.

I am not sute the board members as your support would be quite the same as a nice Asian bird in the background though!

Archived