Help me, or I am going to explode!!

fatbastard33

Admitting and talking about it is the first step and a crucial one. 3 components to losing weight. Diet, weight resistance (lifting weights, push ups, etc.) and cardio (exercise where you sweat--jogging, walking, tennis, etc.). Diet is the most important, its 70% of it. There is a 4th that I add that isn't mentioned in books but what I consider vital: mental. The will power and discipline to effect a life change.

I'm not as heavy as you but have a small paunch I've been trying to get rid of off and on for about 3 years. Its vanity really as I was a university athlete and attended on athletic scholorship. Doesn't show until I'm naked.

Weird thing is this. The girls in LOS don't care (or seem to care) but I found myself exercisind dieting in preparation for my next visig (w/in 2 weeks).

Keep us posted, as we will keep you motivated as best we can.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah! vanity... I am exactly like you, Csteve, i can feel my love handles anytime (Front and sides) but it does not show when dressed up. So, what was your Athletic forte? mine was 100 dash, but 30 years ago. I have been really bad these last few years, save dancing all night sometimes, but i used to pass all the guys running in Lumpini Park, when i would be in BKK a decade ago, and also then, went to the gym for a couple months for a muscle toning prior to each trip. During my earlier shoestring trips,i could lose up to 20 pounds, but for the first time last winter, I barely lost anything! Well, That's it, i am going to the gym again before the next Dec trip, and i am losing 10 pounds at least on the next trip! Fatbastard, all behind you, post the weight and wait for the praise or insults. Indeed, I think the Health thread should be your most important thread on nana, starting now!!!!!!!!!

If you are serious, try the following:

(I have done this kind of diet 8 years ago, have lost 25 kg and until today gained only

7 kg. My weight has stabilized at 79 kg)

Even you feel bad the first 2 days, don't worry.

It's very simple:

Dont eat any food for at least 10 days.

Drink a lot of herbal tea and if you want 1 vitamin C tablet.

After period start with light food. Also choose 1 day a week for another "non-food diet".

Do this for 3 months and your body will get used to "the shortage of food supply".

You will be a new man.

Hope could help.

Didier

LOL: i am glad FB told you guys he did not need advices but insults, because that's all you are doing now, so going back to his requirement: FB, you are a fat slob, and i dare you to have the courage lose any weight, you self-indulgent food-container. Ahah! that'll be the day when you lose a pound!!!!!!!!! We'll probably never see the day, boo-oo-oo!!!

Observations:

Some of you are very helpful and this is a cry for help and you guys deserve a pat on the back for the encouragement!

Some of you are just dickheads and may you spend a million years of your afterlife in Casanova RR's as a toilet jockey!

Fast Bastard: go get em! You can do it! The posting about having the mental fortitude is dead on right! But, first you need to see a doctor and get this thing supervised. He may even be able to prescribe something to help you out.

I used to be a pro baseball player before I suffered an umbellical hernia that ended my career, so let me tell you some advice from my perspective:

1: DON'T start by fasting. If you want to increase your fruit and vegetable intake, that's a tremendous substitute for anything.

2: Walking is a GREAT way to exercise! Start slow and just give yourself some time to build up your ability to increased activity.

3: Remember, it took awhile to put on those kg's/lb's, and it'll take awhile took take them off, but you can do it! And if you want to use this board for help or encouragement, I think that's great! Just ignore the peanut gallery when they boo or razz you...

4: Lastly: Keep getting those doctor "check-ups"! At this weight, you need to have all systems monitored for a safe weight loss.

The Best to You!

Elfman

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: elfman36 ]

One other idea for you, my friend:

You said you have a Thai girlfriend? Great! Talk to her about it and ask for her help. Make her promise to get you eat better and when your feeling lazy, to kick your butt out and walk a bit, or walk with you!

Whatever the motivation, if she loves you, I'm sure she'll help. Anything to get an edge, and you might win this...

Cheers,

elfman

High protein, low carb. This is a quick weight loss without much stress. I'm presently doing it (do this when I notice myself in the mirror and almost begin puking)

Drink plenty of water and ensure your carb intake is almost nil. Steak, chicken, fish, 4X a day big helpings. Theory is your body burns carbs first and then stores whats not used thus fat storage (no carbs means fat begins to burn). I can definately tell the difference with my blood presure when I do this diet. Normally on 3 weeks off a month I try to stay away from bacon and crap meats. Cheese, egg beaters, tuna, just to add to the list. Good luck!!!!!!!

By the way I'm no doctor and some say this is a bad diet i.e. people eat all the freak'n bad meats. laugh.gif" border="0

Hi Fatbastard

I have lost 30 kg with termination to really sucedd. I have done a fast walk for one hour every single day. Every single day not an exception for anything. Eating my meals on

specific times. Think about what I eat, not eating just vegetables eating real food but not very fat food. The key is to not give up in the first 4 weeks after that it starts to be natural habit with the walking.

It will not only helpwith change eating habits, exercise is the key.

Good luck you will sucedd

Bye

Robson

What a Board, so many replies in such a short time.

Thanks for all of the replies, especially the abusive ones from Long Gun, Big Kev and Pattaya127!!!

I know the theory: cut down on the wrong types of food; reduce my alcohol intake and get more exercise. The problem is putting the theory into practice.

Got off to a good start on my first day (Monday 8 October) - lost 1.2 kilos (2.6 lbs) in one day. Will post my weight lose for the week next Monday (15 October).

Once again many thanks for all of the replies.

Fatbastard 32.713

quote:

Originally posted by fatbastard33:

Got off to a good start on my first day (Monday 8 October) - lost 1.2 kilos (2.6 lbs) in one day

Jeez, what did you do? Take off all your giant size clothes?

Whoops, sorry, we're meant to encourage you when you lose weight aren't we? Whoo, go you fat bastard! Actually, that does seem a lot for one day though. I wouldn't have declared it yet, and stored it up for next Monday, just in case.

The best method I ever found for losing weight quickly was getting depressed and having a bit of a breakdown - Thai girl inspired!!

LG

Archived