Help me, or I am going to explode!!

fatbastard33

This note is for most of the people who posted. Not FB as of yet, I will save my tough love name calling for him later. Unless he has changed his mind, which I did not see by any of his posts after his original, he wanted people to "have a go at him". He did not want advice, diets or any other help. Yet, that is what about 75% of these posts are. Now I can take all of the abuse I may get here but, didn't anyone else read his first note??

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent start, FB. I've done a lot of work in nutritional product marketing, but since you want more reinforcement than advice on diets, I will give you that. Go! Go! Go!

One bit of overall advice - Diets often only work for a short time because people don't like depriving themselves, and an Atkins-type of diet of only protein leaves you dying for carbs. The most important thing you can do is excercise but, at your current weight, keep it moderate. You'll do fine if you don't try to lose too much too fast. Besides the heart attack risk is the fact that quick weight reductions are rarely permanent, so long walks, swimming and light lifting are all great. Have you gotten an OK for excercise from you doc? Good luck. Chicago Dave

[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: chicago dave ]

The results so far of my weight reduction programme which started on Monday 8 October 2001:

8 October - 304 lbs: 21st 10lbs : 137.9 kilos

15 October - 299 lbs: 21st 5lbs : 135.5 kilos

23 October - 295 lbs: 21st 1lbs : 133.7 kilos

A weight lose of 4.2 kilos (9 lbs) in just over two weeks.

I forgot to mention in my previous posts that my height is 6ft 1 inch (1.85 metres).

I am going down the gym 3 times a week (obviously taking it easy): watching carefully what I eat (I try to eat plenty of salads) and have reduced my intake of

alcohol.

Once again thanks for everybody's support.

Fatbastard33

PS I am going away for a few days so my next weigh in will be Monday 5 November.

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: fatbastard33 ]

Keep at it! it will take time, but you can do it! I have the same problem, but I lost about 30 kilos and need a little more off, problem is, it is creeping back on, as I have been slacking! So don't slack once you get it off!

I would also suggest some weight training, so you can sport that 1 Kilo gold bar you were talking about awhile back! Good luck, and stay with it!

Yo Fat -

Eat less...fuck more.

Seriously, I'm a skinny hump, a gram or two above 70kg. I've tried many times to GAIN wieght, all to no avail. I've basically been the same weight since high school, 20 years ago. If your metabolism is naturally slow, as seems the case, you're really going to have to work at this, my friend. I would suggest a lot of mental visualization therapy. It's all in your head, dude. Who's in charge here, anyway? You or your belly? Let your brain take command and your body will follow.

Another thing to consider, especially since you're in Asia. Stop thinking like a westerner! In the Orient, fat....good. Skinny...bad. If you're pudgy then Asians will consider you well off, 'cause you have plenty of $$$ to feed yourself. It's a perception of wealth they admire and gravitate towards. Like Martha says, it's a good thing. At the Chinese grocery downtown, this girl I've been casually going after for years finally told me my chances of getting her (or any other girl) would vastly increase if I got...FATTER! So go figure.

Do whatever it takes to lose the calories, just don't expect svelteness overnight, and don't have a heart attack in the process. The former governor of Florida, Lawton Chiles, DIED in the governor's mansion while on the freakin' treadmill, fer chrissakes.

Live within (and love) yourself. In Thai there's an appropos saying, "Rahk thdoah eng". Good luck big guy.

• 3 months later...

Same hear, I was wondering also. I've been on a diet since 1/1. Last week I started on a fat burning product called Hydroxycut. Its not a steroid and is sold without a doctor's prescription in the states. I've heard good things about it. You may want to read about and give it a shot if it meets your requirements www.hydroxycut.com .

Its 3 main properties are 1) reduce fat 2) increase energy (thereby reducing calories) and 3) acts as an apetite suppressant so you don't eat as much.

I hope your diet is going well.

chok dee!

Steve

Hey FB

I suggest you start out with 20 mins of exercise a day (walking, stationary bike, cross trainer) try to do it in the morning. Start at 20 mins and work up to 40 mins. I say this since a diet is only half the solution. Find a steam room or suana and hit it every time after exercise.

It's a start and you can work at your own pace. You should lose some weight, but the best part is that you will be able to put it to your teerak. She will know the difference before you.

Archived