dental hospital current pricelist

jack_schist

Here's the email I received from Bumrungrad Hospital for a dental implant estimate of charges:

Greeting from Bumrungrad International Hospital, Thailand. Thank you very much for your consideration on our medical services.

Regarding your inquiry, please kindly find more information and estimated price as follows;

Implant: 105,000 Baht** upward (package).

(The price includes implant and crown on top but does not include medicine, x-ray, instruments to determine length of artificial root, etc.)

Note: 6- 8 months to finish, frequently in the first few months. If bone density is too low, it will take longer.

You need to be in Thailand for at least 2-3 weeks for first surgery. Examination and Pre-surgery 2-3 weeks. Follow-up surgery wounds for another 1-2 weeks. Total = 3-5 weeks.)

Bone grafting would cost more depending on what kind of bone grafting needs to be done.

For new patients,

First visit: Oral examination, x-ray and molding.

Second visit (one week later): If implant can be done, will see oral surgeon for special x-ray to determine implant root length.

Third visit: Surgery to implant the artificial root. (Implant Stage 1)

Forth visit: Observe wounds for 1 week, if the healing is good, you can fly home and wait for stage 2 (about 6-8 months).

If the healing is not good, a fifth visit will be needed.

To have implant, you need to have a thorough examination with special x-ray to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for implant. If you are, then we will decide how may implant that is needed. After that we can come up with time frame and cost expense.

Since the currency rates are changing everyday, you can check the currency rate daily at: http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Personal+Banking/Foreign+Exchange/FX+Rates/default.htm

REMARK ** These prices are for planning purposes only to assist the patient in understanding the possible range of costs. Actual estimates for care cannot be accurately provided until the patient has been examined by the BH physician. The cost ranges provided are based upon our best understanding of the patient's condition at the time of contact and do not represent a minimum or maximum potential cost.

If we could be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Mr. Nitichet B.

Email Management Officer

Direct: +662 667 1213

Fax: +662 667 1214

Email: info@bumrungrad.com

www.bumrungrad.com

Bumrungrad International

Thanks for posting Tony and Jack. I have to say I either really screwed up the numbers (I received from Dental Hospital) or the prices have gone up.

I looks now like you are talking about $3,000 US per implant. That seems like a lot to me and I guess I will just have to learn to enjoy more the lovely hole left in my mouth compliments of shoddy dental work done by the Dental Clinic on Soi Sarasin which required extensive follow-on in the US and the loss of a tooth. :(

You can get implants done for around 70.000 baht, ie 50,000 implant and 20,000 for the crown. Take a look at this link Dental navigate: services and knowledge / dental implants. I had extensive cosmetic work done here a year ago and was very pleased with the result. You will find a comprehensive price list on the site.

Pete

Archived