Multiple Voting

Old Hippie

Hi,

This is directed to the contest organizers and the contestants as well. I am aware a few people on this board, who enter these contests, have multiple Ids in the board. Some of these guys are using their multi Ids to vote many times for themselves, and many times against the others. Hardly good sportsmanship. Pathetic when you really think about it. Winning means nothing if you haveto cheat like this.

So, the question is, can we limit the voting to one vote per ISP address? or something along those lines to try and stop the pathetic petty little people from doing this...? Just a thought...one of the reasons I hardly enter these contest, no doubt others feel the same...

I agree if that is what happens. Personally, I don't even vote for my pix and i don't tell any of my NP friends whose shot is mine.

Still, I did it once (give a 10 to my very competitive soi dog shot) because so many guys said they did it too, so why give oneself a handicap. BUT: I PM-ed KS about it, asking him to downgrade me if the guy I had passed doing so, did not give himself a 10. I had no way to know about that, and KS told us he knows who votes what.

Altogether I think the 1, 2, 3 shots in each contest, so far, are pretty much those that deserved to be there.

OH, without citing names if you don't want to, what brings you to be certain this happens to make a difference?

The votes are open to everyone, I've voted in all the comps, don't think I was silver for the last 2.

AFAIK KS knows who votes for who, and I imagine he'd be able to adjust any unsportsmanlike voting, I think it was mentioned in one of the first ones (where I won 3 months of silver membership! :D)

If you read the posts there have been some dodgy voting, and KS has alway scracked down on them.

I think it's very safe to say that this is nanaplaza not Florida, we do spot the dodgy voting, however like Florida, if you do vote "unfairly" like giving yourself a 10 and others 0, technically legal but very unsportsmanlike, then that will be noiced ;)

I'd say the problem for now is not so much about voting procedures but the fact it's so damned hard for KS to receive even a mere 20 pix (including doubles) out of thousands of members. A shame we have to beg again and again for people to participate.

OH, i think you got voted second in one of the previous contests, You also have fun taking pix and showing them on the gallery, you will most likely always be a strong podium contender for that reason in other contests. let's all have fun and trust KS and ND to handle the unfair voting.

Archived