Related to stickman's site

drogon

Hey, Cent, ever wondered what Frank ( the Z man) would think of us, them, anyone who got a LOS R/T ticket chip foerever installed in our brain, and copiously indulged in the P4P?

I have a title for that song, it's got a killer guitar solo after the 2nd chorus: PAVLOS DOGS

:D :D :D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"blue"] It really seems some of these guys get a lobotomy as soon as they step off the plane at Don Muang airport! Nothing you say here will get through to most guys when in this state of denial of their foolish actions and plans.

[/color]

Being partial to these men, I get very sad then angry seing this happen. However I keep my mouth shut for I had a couple bad lessons. A guy (once a good friend) was going into that route, quit his good IT job, moved to Thailand to teach English, married an ex-BG and after 1 year came running back to the States and after 3 years here, divorced, filed bankruptcy with 2 little kids and he is barely making $50,000/year now. That amount in DC area, he is poor. :Yes, he contacted me, apologized for the harsh words said and ruined friendship but what can I do? ::

Hubby said that some people must learn a lesson in a hard way, but this said bright young man just about ruined everything for one bad relationship and I hate to see it, especially when it involves a Thai.

My mother told me once that when people feel that they are in love "No elephants can pull them away, nothing ones say to change that, just pray that they will see a light and do the right things." :banghead:

Jasmine

[color:"blue"] ....''you young pups just dont know the reality'' ....lol, thanks guys!

[/color]

Phil, the word "reality" can be debated until the cows come home. The last trip to Thailand, I bought a piece of land and my brother said I did not know the "reality" fully. ::

I wonder these "young pups" really want to know the "reality" the older men know though, methinks, they don't. ::

Jasmine

Erawan,

"So long as you get over the idea that the p4p girls are somehow supporting their poor families, or buying houses in Isaan then, fine."

Why? You think this isn't true mostly? If so, then you'd be wrong. Many are doing exactly this working in the bars. Not all, but I'd say a majority do this to one extent or another. It is part of why they are there, some of 'em.

"The silliest notion, IMHO, is that by indulging in countless short-time excursions fellas are somehow performing a charitable service."

Yes, some here are in denial about their whoremonger status, and some try to portray themselves as Jesus saving Mary Magdellan. Total crock and denial. Has a nice sound to it though doesn't it? :: Wonder if you can write your whoremongering off as charitable contributions on your tax returns? :D

"It's sex, nothing more, and anyone who thinks a "nice local girl" is going to be remotely interested in a relationship comprising brief meetings in a room with a bed and a toilet is seriously delusioned."

Who is claiming this? ::

"The girls are being exploited, not so much by the customers, but by the bar owners and mamsans."

I can agree with that, but from what I've seen it seems the women involved have pretty much the choice to tell people to "take this job and shove it" any time they want.

"After a few years in the scene they are spat out, usually with nothing to show for the hundreds, if not thousands, of customers they have been with."

And that is whose fault? Some actually do save and get out with the money to start a business. Others let family, friends, and the previous 'exploiters' mentioned above take them for everything.

"I agree that if you can find a girl at the end of her useful bar-life then she may well stay out of the bar scene."

Agreed.

"With the new girls there is a considerable likelihood that friends or others will encourage them back into the bars with tales of huge financial gain."

The newer ladies seem to be readily programmable in the hunt for gold through a man's penis gig. The older ones (not all, but more than now I feel) seemed to have been more into maybe finding that one farang husband to take care of them and their financial needs and desires. But then the younger ones are the ones that have been exposed to western style commercialization and all that their entire lives, whereas a lot of the 30-somethings had hardly any of that sort of exposure during their childhood and teen years. The newer crowd has mobile phones, internet access, cable TV, DVD and VCD players and movies, satellite dishes, etc. in the village and see what riches lie in the outside world, and they all want a piece of it for themselves and their families. Part of the difference in attitude and such I think over the past 10 or 20 years; wouldn't you think the same thing? It's a brave new world, not necessarily a better one though.

Cent

Dumsoda said:
Cent said:

:D When I return to the LOS I'll go to that new bar for us in Pattaya ... Pre-AfterSkool! :) ::

Cent

Cent,

Hope that's not the joint managed by American Michael. The one that serves drinks in Soda cans !!!!

Believe they have a good selection of mags and videos, but understand the Men in Brown are giving them a hard time for employing underage Dek - serves

Chock dee Dumsoda

:medusa::stirthepo:medusa:

Dumsoda,

Uh ... no ... that was a joke and a made-up bar name. :D

Cent

Zorro said:

"She rocked his world in 2 weeks and the man is actually planning on asking her to marry him when he returns!"

This is quite a common scenario in LOS.

Many times bgs that i have known have suddenly disappeared from the scene after a whirlwind "romance".

Suddenly they are married and have a condo and all in the space of a few weeks.

Many guys get a good shag and suddenly they think they are in love instead of actually just enjoying a good shag. You can get good shags in many places but IMHO a good shag doesn't mean that the woman is marriage material or that you are compatible in other ways.

Zorro,

Yep, quite common, and quite foolish in my mind at least! It's extremely rare from my experience that one of these kinds of rushed marriages of infatuation will work for any length of time. If you can't put in the time to see if the relationship will work before rushing off and getting married, it most likely will not.

Zorro wrote:

Many times bgs that i have known have suddenly disappeared from the scene after a whirlwind "romance".

Suddenly they are married and have a condo and all in the space of a few weeks."

Cent replies:

Yeah, and a lot of the time within a couple years you see these same women right back in the scene doing the same old thing, a bit richer for the experience (the ex-hubbie usually a lot poorer for it), but still looking for that special numbnut who'll let the infatuation overcome his common sense and whisk her away to the next country. :)

Zorro wrote:

"Many guys get a good shag and suddenly they think they are in love instead of actually just enjoying a good shag. You can get good shags in many places but IMHO a good shag doesn't mean that the woman is marriage material or that you are compatible in other ways."

Cent replies:

I couldn't agree more. Truer words have never been written.

Cent

Zorro wrote:

"Many guys get a good shag and suddenly they think they are in love instead of actually just enjoying a good shag. You can get good shags in many places but IMHO a good shag doesn't mean that the woman is marriage material or that you are compatible in other ways."

Cent replies:

I couldn't agree more. Truer words have never been written.

---------------------------------------------

well, IMO, guys falling in love, do not do it based on the sex they had with the girl. Of course, they HAD sex, a good jumpstart to get the ego going and wishing, so that makes a difference, but still, I think the "haplessly falling and staying in love" psychology is untied to having sex as you guys put it. Though we probably agree that infatuation is always of a sexual nature, it's just that it's weird how you can sublimize a woman, even as she starts shagging you a bit less as the days go by. For example....

Archived