Related to stickman's site

drogon

@Hua Nguu

Hum you may be right but I am not totally convinced

as there are more and more "mercenaries" (which is normal after all) in the nightlife scene.

Speaking about my own experience I find it strange that once I was almost about to fall for a TG (normal TG who went sometimes to disco)

Girlfriend experience can be found everywhere if you are willing to pay ..........I travel quite a lot and I am too lazzy to try to date a girl and even if I am not rich I prefer the P4P scene.

Maybe the BG are more subtle than many other women about how to steal your heart (and monney)

precision: I only discuss P4P TG/women here I do not generalize to other women.

::

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drogon said:

My question was more sociological, as why do so many men come to Thailand and fall for BG?

I have been living abroad for most of my life and since a few years I "butterflied" my way through P4P scene.

I never saw many men fall for whores/prostitutes/BG except in thailand.

So why?

My take? P4P is very alive everywhere, especially in Asia. But Thailand is better "marketed" so to speak. As a result, we get loads more inexperienced guys travelling here who fall for the fantasy.

Then we get the jaded folks, who claim that the gals are all scumbags (this seems to be experienced, but not too experienced, guys). Finally, the guys wisen up and just enjoy the ride with no expectations. Those are the old hands.

Cheers,

SD

Hua Nguu said:
drogon said:

My question was more sociological, as why do so many men come to Thailand and fall for BG?

I have been living abroad for most of my life and since a few years I "butterflied" my way through P4P scene.

So why?

Easy, it boils down to 2 words: "Girlfriend experience".

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Thats the same same they say about men who fall for the girl in Havana :D

The GF experience is to be had in all poor countries in the world. Doesn't explain it. I'd rather go for the charm, beauty and exotic theory.

Cheers!

-------------------------------

If I was a TBG, I'd take that as a compliment. Maybe more so than a comment about the naivety from the men.

so why?

-----------------------------

Because you just don't get the girl, you get the whole baggage of a country easy to enjoy, some nice places to stay at, an environment with few and rather ridiculous hassles, like 10bahts stuff bahtbus rip-offs in Pattaya, and in most other places you wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole chicks who are happy with 20 or 30$ after you spent an evening and a night , possibly the next day with. It just does not come any better and it's well mapped and user-friendly.

Thats the same same they say about men who fall for the girl in Havana

The GF experience is to be had in all poor countries in the world. Doesn't explain it. I'd rather go for the charm, beauty and exotic theory

Hi CBK,

I have been to South America and although I ventured out on a couple of occasions in Rio and Sao Paolo I had a hard time to spot the "girlfriend experience" although the charm, beauty and exotic enviroment definitely was there.

But mayby I was merely maladjusted due to years in LOS :)

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Most people know that smoking is bad for you but still do it.

Same same for drinking too much.

Most people know that when gambling the house always wins in the long run but still they gamble and usually lose.

Most people know that really high return investments are risky but they still invest and often lose everything.

AND Most guys know that a relationship with a BG in Thailand is a high risk proposition but still they go for it.

What is the common denominator here?

Human behaviour.....very hard to pick it or understand it.

My take? P4P is very alive everywhere, especially in Asia. But Thailand is better "marketed" so to speak. As a result, we get loads more inexperienced guys travelling here who fall for the fantasy.

Then we get the jaded folks, who claim that the gals are all scumbags (this seems to be experienced, but not too experienced, guys). Finally, the guys wisen up and just enjoy the ride with no expectations. Those are the old hands

An area where we agree.

My take? This whole process is similiar to, and perhaps driven by, a fair bit of cultural shock, but a more exaggerated and pronounced form because lust and love (the ?girlfriend experience?) are involved.

Ever notice how some guys who are new to Thailand and have just been introduced to the wonders of Thailand's nightlife think Thailand is paradise on earth, everything is wonderful here and will not tolerate a single dissenting or cautioning word? And then, after they have been here for awhile, they are equally negative about everything Thai, including the girls?

As with everything else in Thailand (and the rest of the world), the truth is much more complicated and interesting.

Finally, the guys wisen up and just enjoy the ride with no expectations. Those are the old hands.

------------------------------------------------

Let me think about this one. If you're wisened in that scene, you have to be jaded a bit, it's just that enjoyment of nightlife and wisdom are bad bedfellows. It can be done, but won't compare to wooping it up. A bit stale, but yes, sex is sex, i guess ::.

What i am coming to is that there will never be a greater blissful enjoyment than the first times you got there, when it hits you full face a nd you ask for more, rather than maybe looking at your watch wisely.

We always equate falling in love with a P4P chick with losing, emotionally and financially. Wrong!

Lots of guys go to LOS, most do not fall in love, quite a few do, and many of those have any reason not to recover (or lose) their smile after the little tryst is over. Old hands can have one major regret: it will never be first time again, and theirs was soooo long ago.

Have to agree with Suadan and GASP Gadfly :)

<<If you're wisened in that scene, you have to be jaded a bit, it's just that enjoyment of nightlife and wisdom are bad bedfellows>>

NOPE, the wise ones know how to do that and still woop it up, even Gadfly goes out later than me and woops it up, we just don;t fall for the tricks.

Once, and I admit I loved it then, I fell for the tricks of the rade, now i don;t but now I have my wn tricks which make it even more fun.

Wait till you;ve been living here 4 - 5 ears, you'll see the difference as opposed to coming here visiting. I used to think living in Taiwan and visiting monthly I knew it all, I knew nothing, and compered to real old hand (I am still a newbie, been living here 4 + years, coming here since 97) I am still lrearning from the "Old Guys"

DOG - you can teach a old dog new tricks

we just don;t fall for the tricks.

--------------------------------------

I understand, but that renewed heartbeat (it is, for a lot, i came myself after a heartbreaking rupture) you get when you discover the place and its follies, is a nice trick. Don't underestimate it or think it must be avoided at all costs. Part of the learning curve, i'd hate to have been without it, and OH and I are good examples we are not advert to pump it up (the heart....) again once in a while, way too silly and happy we have not quite yet "learnt".

In fact I am much more like you guys now, but as long as it lasts, you know, it adds a certain twang to your life. I understand some are too weak or too old, too settled in the life to go into it once more, no excuse to disgust the others about it! ::

Most surely, if i was living there, I'd have wisened up faster, even forsaken the scene and go monogamic. Er....you make me glad i am not living there yet! :D

Archived