Related to stickman's site

drogon

What makes me laugh is when these Wise Old Owls look out for newbies and just can not wait to tell them how long they have been in Thailand. :)

They will go up to people and introduce themselves as:

I have been here 10 years and my names Brian ::

I have been here 12 years and my names John ::

I have been here 20 years and my names Fred ::

I have been here 7 and a half years and you should have seen it in the Good Old Days is what I read somewhere recently ::

What makes me laugh even louder is when they make the same mistakes as the Newbies do despite all of this experience.

In the falklands they used to have a name for expats.

One eyes

One-eye was in the UK

One-eye was in Cyprus

One-eye was in Germany

One-eye was here One-eye was there

Its not the Majority that do it, but certain people do it as if It is supposed to really really impress.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would suggest "infatuation" is more apropo in this situation. Love under this scenario is ambiguous and ambivalent. Cent, you may not be a "wise old owl" yet, but at least a middle age pretender. :: :)

A snip from yours:

"Nothing I could say would sway him or bring him back to reality. He's been hypnotized and mind-fucked, as well as well fucked in the sack, and now truly fucked as he has been bitten by a nasty bug ... love, and all that goes with it, mostly the craziness of it all. No one will dissuade him from this likely disasterous course in life. But really, 2 weeks dude?!! And you're in love? AND want to marry her quickly?"

PaleRider,

Hahahahaha! Yep, most definitely infatuation in a lot of cases. Hurry up and get married before that wears off guys! :: :: 2 weeks, 2 days, christ, next they'll need to set up a Las Vegas drive-through wedding chapel on Sukhumvit and the guys'll be marrying their short-time partner of the day after the two hours is up! :D

Had an earlier reply for you Pale, but the computer froze up and I lost it all. I hate when that happens! :(

Middle-aged? Whoooooooooooo whoooooooooo ... me? I'll have you know I'm a PRE-middle-ager! :D When I return to the LOS I'll go to that new bar for us in Pattaya ... Pre-AfterSkool! :) ::

Cent

So long as you get over the idea that the p4p girls are somehow supporting their poor families, or buying houses in Isaan then, fine. The silliest notion, IMHO, is that by indulging in countless short-time excursions fellas are somehow performing a charitable service.

It's sex, nothing more, and anyone who thinks a "nice local girl" is going to be remotely interested in a relationship comprising brief meetings in a room with a bed and a toilet is seriously delusioned.

The girls are being exploited, not so much by the customers, but by the bar owners and mamsans. After a few years in the scene they are spat out, usually with nothing to show for the hundreds, if not thousands, of customers they have been with.

I agree that if you can find a girl at the end of her useful bar-life then she may well stay out of the bar scene. With the new girls there is a considerable likelihood that friends or others will encourage them back into the bars with tales of huge financial gain.

Cent said:

:D When I return to the LOS I'll go to that new bar for us in Pattaya ... Pre-AfterSkool! :) ::

Cent

Cent,

Hope that's not the joint managed by American Michael. The one that serves drinks in Soda cans !!!!

Believe they have a good selection of mags and videos, but understand the Men in Brown are giving them a hard time for employing underage Dek - serves

Chock dee Dumsoda

:medusa::stirthepo:medusa:

Erawan said:

The silliest notion, IMHO, is that by indulging in countless short-time excursions fellas are somehow performing a charitable service.

Has anyone ever said that with a straight face? That is one of the oldest expat jokes there is!

Curiously,

SD

"She rocked his world in 2 weeks and the man is actually planning on asking her to marry him when he returns!"

This is quite a common scenario in LOS.

Many times bgs that i have known have suddenly disappeared from the scene after a whirlwind "romance".

Suddenly they are married and have a condo and all in the space of a few weeks.

Many guys get a good shag and suddenly they think they are in love instead of actually just enjoying a good shag. You can get good shags in many places but IMHO a good shag doesn't mean that the woman is marriage material or that you are compatible in other ways.

Archived