Related to stickman's site

drogon

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think part of the problem with the Jaded John crowd is that they lose touch with reality.

I had more than 18 months with one bargirl. She went downhill in the final six months and I wasn't prepared to join her at the bottom.

Some guys go there, lose everything, including their self-respect, and blame the girl.

I had a good time with a great girl before the environment she worked in ruined her. Shame, but I've moved on. I feel sorry for her, not bitter. I have seen a young lady turned from a nice human being into a monster, and I know how and why it happens. The bars have little appeal for me as a consequence, but I feel neither bitter nor angry. Merely disillusioned.

I am not disillusioned by the scene at all becauses i didn't have any illusions about it to begin with.

Just like with drinking or drugs some guys go overboard and base their whole existance around the P4P scene and as a result overdose on the scene. Their whole existance is the scene. In these cases inevitably a crash will come and they will distance themslves from the scene and will blame the scene and the girls for what in reality is their own personal problem.

If you enjoy the scene for what it is it can be a nice way to unwind and have a bit of fun.

If you want to base your existance on it you are only asking for trouble.

ND,

That's the way it is for me as well. I live in Surin. I rarely go to a bar/gogo/beer-bar there. So when I am visiting BKK or Pattaya it is still a new experience each time, with the caveat that I know the 'tricks of the trade', know how the scene operates, know my own personal limits, and usually have a lot of fun visiting my friends in both cities when there for a holiday. I usually have no problems.

Some guys totally immerse themselves in the bar scene, can't seem to put it in the correct 'folder' where it belongs in real life, and take it way too seriously. It is almost comical how their lives turn into a soap opera.

I have a friend now who has been going to the LOS for many years, has a Thai wife and child, the wife he dumped recently and the kid is with him back in his home country. But even with all his experience in the country he just recently has fallen head over heels with a Gulliver's lass he met recently, a Mamasan no less for an internet 'dating' service. She rocked his world in 2 weeks and the man is actually planning on asking her to marry him when he returns! :banghead: :: ::

He just told me all this the other day since my recent return to the states. I said, "Buddy, you've known her what, two fucking weeks? And you want to marry her?!! WTF?"

Nothing I could say would sway him or bring him back to reality. He's been hypnotized and mind-fucked, as well as well fucked in the sack, and now truly fucked as he has been bitten by a nasty bug ... love, and all that goes with it, mostly the craziness of it all. No one will dissuade him from this likely disasterous course in life. But really, 2 weeks dude?!! And you're in love? AND want to marry her quickly? :( :: :shakehead:spank::redflag:

He's totally lost the plot. Sad to see, but I see nothing but trouble ahead for him if he doesn't slow down and come back to his senses. (This is after he just filed for bankruptcy after the wife took him to the cleaners as well. Fucking unbelievable really.)

It really seems some of these guys get a lobotomy as soon as they step off the plane at Don Muang airport! Nothing you say here will get through to most guys when in this state of denial of their foolish actions and plans.

:dunno::eek::rolleyes:

Cent

@cent

"It really seems some of these guys get a lobotomy as soon as they step off the plane at Don Muang airport"

I get a lobotomy when my plane lands

but

being lobotomized means that I can not use my brain but it does not allow me to think with my dick as I am brainless.

:: :neener:

Damn I don't believe I wrote that in english....time to quit working and go to BKK.

:beer:

Hi Cent,

"Buddy, you've known her what, two fucking weeks? And you want to marry her?!! WTF?"

2 weeks eh? A cautious individual. :)

I have a colleague who just left for Thailand to marry the girl of his dreams.

A couple of months ago he was introduced to a 32 year old thai girl by a friend of his. This thai girl is a relative of his friend`s wife and the introduction was arranged by said wife.

He spent 2 days with her in jangwat whatever and fell head over heels in love with her, as did she needless to say. :: Did I forget to mention that she doesn`t speak a word of english and he knows no thai whatsoever.

He did have a bit of fun though during his short stay in jangwat whatever as his friend :down: took him to the local brothel on a couple of occasions in this small town where everybody knows everybody. :doah:

Some guys totally immerse themselves in the bar scene, can't seem to put it in the correct 'folder' where it belongs in real life, and take it way too seriously. It is almost comical how their lives turn into a soap opera.

Totally agree. I have a few friends like that. They live a pseudo-life or hover in a limbo if you like, when they are outside of Thailand. Only connect with guys with similar interests, forget their old friends, and totally fail to get the best out of the situation in their own country.

Only thing that can cheer them up is counting down the days to the next trip like a kid counting down to X-mas, amazing ::

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Guest lazyphil

I get the feeling some expats see themselves as wise old owls who watch holiday makers blunder here in LoS and they sit back in their rocking chair chorttling with an old pipe puffing golden virginia ::....''you young pups just dont know the reality'' ....lol, thanks guys!

LP,

I don't consider myself a wise old owl, just someone who has been there and done that, and willing to share the experiences. Some listen and take the advice (for whatever it is worth to them, and it is up to them what they take and use, or don't) some prefer to learn the hard way (much as I did myself when getting advice from others/elders/wise old owls) and it all can be a bit amusing when you see someone so ripe for the plucking get totally blinded and fall hard, not listening a whit due to their sudden 48 hour "love" (or even a whole two weeks mind you, a long time 'ey?) Hey, good luck to them. But what are you saying then? We should not voice our opinions on the matter, or share our 'wisdom' and experiences? Or not even shake our heads in amazement and chuckle at the absurd things some do when here. Hell, it isn't just the tourists who do these crazy things for love, I've seen expats with much time in country fall, and fall hard. Even the most cynical of them as well. (And believe me, I am far less cynical than a lot of others here are. :) )

Not a wise old owl, and I don't smoke a pipe, but what some guys get up to can be certainly a bit amazing, especially when later it all goes awry, and then they turn and blame the Thais, the wicked women ... never once usually looking at their own stupid and blind behaviour, huh? Never their own damned fault in their mind.

Cent

Archived