Guess they don't only go to LOS...

Old Hippie

I could just see these guys floating around Sukhumvit...

Second Guilty Plea in Bumbling Robbery

June 22, 2005 11:53 AM EDT

DENVER - One of a pair of teens dubbed the "Dumb and Dumber" robbers, whose bumbling trail of clues and obvious accents helped lead to their arrests, pleaded guilty Wednesday to holding up a bank at gunpoint for $132,000.

Luke Gabriel Carroll, 19, faces up to 25 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

His friend and co-worker, Anthony Harold Prince, 19, pleaded guilty to the same charge last week. They both had reached plea agreements and are to be sentenced Sept. 23.

Carroll and Prince, who worked at a Vail ski shop, were charged with robbing WestStar Bank in Vail on March 21. A teller was injured when she was pushed to the floor, authorities said.

The Australian press dubbed the childhood friends "Dumb and Dumber" because they left so many clues. Carroll is an Australian and Prince is a New Zealander with permanent Australian residency.

Witnesses said the masked robbers, armed with BB pistols, had distinct accents and wore badges similar to ones worn by staff at the shop where Prince and Carroll worked.

And within minutes of the robbery, Vail ski resort employees told police, Prince and Carroll used their personal ski passes to board a chair lift a quarter-mile from the bank.

Police had their mug shots from their arrests in January, when they were accused of shooting out windows with a paintball gun, and distributed them on an FBI flier.

The day after the robbery, the pair drove 120 miles to Denver International Airport and tried to buy one-way tickets to Mexico, authorities said. A police officer recognized them from the flier - and from their distinctive accents - and arrested them.

In a letter published in the Vail Daily on March 31, Prince's parents, Peter and Jennifer Prince, apologized to the resort community and said their son's remorse "is absolute."

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Its a "toy" thats given to every U.S. boy for Christmas (that or a BB rifle). It shoots little metal pellets which normally won't seriously hurt you if you are shot with one (it will hurt like hell) but could put your eye out if hit there. I assume tht you can buy one without the background check that a regular gun would require, which is probably why the pair bought it instead of a gun (plus, I'm not sure how easy it is for a foreigner to own a gun in the U.S., legally, that is).

Yes, some of these bb guns are pretty powerful.

I once made an asian wanna bee gangster lose "face". He ambushed me on my way home and shot me. I didn't even know it. Got home and realized my leg hurt like hell. My flesh was almost broken and I was wearing jeans. I have no doubt that if I was wearing slacks or shorts that it would have broken flesh.

Just glad he didn't have access to anything bigger. What an idiot that kid was. He didn't think he hit me and was surprised when he walked downstairs an hour later to find me in his living room.

<<burp>>

• 2 weeks later...

Archived