Radical change on Nanaplaza.Com

khunsanuk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi KS,

Is there any way Jigger can set up a SSL (secure socket layering) page, so that members can send you a credit card number and Expiry date, without fear?

I don't know that much about it, but I've had a website for many years now, where I accept orders on a secure page, and have never once had a single problem. I have a sophisticated shopping cart attached to it, where customers will enter data on a secure page, and I will then punch in to my cellular credit card machine, that I use at my store. But you only need a single secure page, without the shopping cart. I would think Jigger could do that for almost nothing.

Point is, I don't use any internet service to process my orders. I just get the credit card info. they give on a secure page on my site, then I process off-line. I don't know why you could not do the same. Very simple, and 100% secure. :dunno:

HT

Hi,

"Is there any way Jigger can set up a SSL (secure socket layering) page, so that members can send you a credit card number and Expiry date, without fear? "

Of course, this is how we used to handle payments.

"Point is, I don't use any internet service to process my orders."

We do, we do not even have access to the numbers ourselves, everything is handled by a third party specializing in this (forgot the name of it, Jigger handles all of this).

Sanuk!

Hi,

Don't know what rate you are paying, but I get 1.47% discount rate for both Visa and MasterCard, with no hidden charges. I would imagine using a 'service' is more. I use Card Payment Solutions, if you're intrested. I have no affiliation with them at all. Might save you a few baht to process off-line. Just a thought. :)

HT

Whatever you use as a Donation method IMHO you need to SHOW that the credit card details are going to a reputable place - even if it means also using Paypal, just for the name recognition. And also spelling it out (in idiot proof language) that no one is sending their credit card details and name and address to a bloke they don't know in Thailand "involved" in the Nightlife industry. (I am presuming here you don't get all the details..................).

I appreciate the above does not describe you - but IMHO you gotta deal with the perception.

Anyway, glad to hear the site will be free (access to all the Reviews will be nice) will try next trip to make a beeline to Gullivers to pay my subs (Never really been a "meetings" type person) - But I figure after 4/5 years (on and off in one form or another) that putting my hand in my pocket is not totally out of order.

What would be neat would be for paying members being able to post URLS in their Tag lines. Perhaps with the restriction that they be non-competing.

BTW I don't have any websites on the go for a longggggggg time and I see that you have now restricted the number of characters folk can put in a tag line. :o :o :o

Hi,

"Whatever you use as a Donation method IMHO you need to SHOW that the credit card details are going to a reputable place - even if it means also using Paypal, just for the name recognition. And also spelling it out (in idiot proof language) that no one is sending their credit card details and name and address to a bloke they don't know in Thailand "involved" in the Nightlife industry. (I am presuming here you don't get all the details..................). "

Good point, and you are correct we don't get all of the details. If I remember correctly than all we asked for was the person's name and email address; all credit card stuff was handled by authorize.net who just send us back a reply with the result of the transaction. We have never been able to see the credit card number, and that is how I prefer it as well.

"What would be neat would be for paying members being able to post URLS in their Tag lines. Perhaps with the restriction that they be non-competing. "

Definitely something that could be discussed.

Sanuk!

On the subject of perks for making a donation -

Rather than merely hosting space for an avitar, also make it very easy for someone to understand how to acquire and upload an avitar, or bettery yet, provide the service. The greater the computer skills required to use Avitar hosting, the fewer people will find the feature helpful.

Bring back email notification of responses to postings or further postings iin a given thread forum). This would be valuable to some people, and might even increase participation among those who don't now take the time to log in every day or two.

Hi,

"Rather than merely hosting space for an avitar, also make it very easy for someone to understand how to acquire and upload an avitar, or bettery yet, provide the service"

Sorry, should have been more clear. The service means you can just send me a picture and I'll resize & upload it and will then send you the link to use.

"Bring back email notification of responses to postings or further postings iin a given thread forum)."

I'm afraid this is beyond my control. This was part of the board software and it was discontinued. I have no idea how to put it back in.

Sanuk!

Archived