Radical change on Nanaplaza.Com

khunsanuk

khunsanuk said:

Sorry, should have been more clear. The service means you can just send me a picture and I'll resize & upload it and will then send you the link to use.

Sanuk!

I was on another board and it allowed me to just upload my avitar. It checked its size before it was accepted. Is there a chance that this board software is capable of the same thing?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony,

Yeah, I use a couple places where I can store my own avatars. I just copy and paste the url into the line here in home and it works fine. I think you need to be close to 80x80 or 90x90 for your avatar to look okay, but easy enough to resize any pic you want I've found to use for an avatar. I usually use Photobucket to store my avatars. Easy enough I think. Will KS have enough room to store everyone's avatars here on the site? :dunno: Easy enough, and free anyway, to use Photobucket or one of the other free places where you can link your pics, avatars, and stuff. Uploading directly would be cool, but I don't think the software here does that. KS?

Cent

Hi,

"Is there a chance that this board software is capable of the same thing?"

Not sure, but I don't think so.

Cent:

"Will KS have enough room to store everyone's avatars here on the site?"

Yes, I would actually. Harddisk space is cheap and most avatars are small.

Sanuk!

Just a stray thought, but I wonder if it would be worth setting up a Nanaplaza "store" on eBay. There could be T-shirts, beer mugs, Nanaplaza caps and other souvenirs. Have a link to the "store" on this site, so board posters could buy what they wanted. One idea might be complete sets of photos of temples, palaces etc to sell to guys who spend all of their time in the bars and want something to show the folks at home to convince them they really did go to other places!

p.s. I suppose you know that Google is working on a PayPal type system of their own. It's got PayPal quite worried, since Google is so huge.

Hi,

Biggest problem with a selling stuff is shipping. I found this site a long time ago though where you could create an account, upload a logo and then this logo could be used on any of the merchandise they sold.

Unfortunately... I lost the URL / sitename :(

Sanuk!

"... One idea might be complete sets of photos of temples, palaces etc to sell to guys who spend all of their time in the bars and want something to show the folks at home to convince them they really did go to other places!..."

Why not just set up a photoshop in or close to Nana, with appropriate back drops, a little photoshop work, an Wala, you were in Paris, or Rome or wherever...maybe sell European souvoniers...really throw the folks/wife back home off your trail... a brilliant idea...

KS,

You hinted at this before; and, I am glad it has come to pass. Do accept credit cards. As far as Paypal ... "arai ko dai" ... but have you seen the lawsuits against them?

My major stumbling block to contributing much more is my current internet connection in Pattaya (TOT phone line) ... but, I'm working on this. I've got tons of photos, lots of stories and reviews and a whole lot of b.s. ... but, 90% of the time I attempt to attach a photo, it 'times out!' ... pisses me off to a very high degree.

Kudos and good luck ... may the force be with us all! :up:

Stickman

Access to Thailand's longest running naughty nightlife website has just become free. The site, which has been running for several years, 4 of which have been pay to view, is now free. The co-owner explained that the previous business model just wasn't working and in an effort to turn things around, they have made this radical change.

:: Not even a link ?

217 Stickman Weekly's! Pretty impressive.

Cheers!

Pom Michael said:

Stickman

Access to Thailand's longest running naughty nightlife website has just become free. The site, which has been running for several years, 4 of which have been pay to view, is now free. The co-owner explained that the previous business model just wasn't working and in an effort to turn things around, they have made this radical change.

:: Not even a link ?

217 Stickman Weekly's! Pretty impressive.

Cheers!

you should know by now that stickman only gives away boomerangs and homing pigeons.

Archived