Terrorist attacks in London

Guest baldrick

randomshots said:

" if the Gaza strip looks like such a jail it's not only because israeli don't want palestinians. They're not welcome in Egypt either"

Thinking about this last night, I remembered that the movie actually occurs in Naplouse, not in the gaza strip then, but same comments should apply

I haven't seen that movie yet. I thought there were lots of Palestinians living in Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt as refugees. They also work in the Gulf states sending money back to Gaza and the West Bank. Of course some of them have been responsible for political instability too which probably explains why they aren't welcome.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Palestine is the only place where refugee status has become hereditary (going into its third generation now). The ""issue"" should have been resolved by 1950 - how many wars do the Arabs have to lose before they wake up to the fact that they'll never realize their ambition of pushing the Jews into the sea? The Palestinians are generic Arabs, they could live anywhere in the Middle East (or the world). Time to stop dreaming about the villages where their grandfathers were born and get on with life.

Evel_Penivel said:

Palestine is the only place where refugee status has become hereditary (going into its third generation now). The ""issue"" should have been resolved by 1950 - how many wars do the Arabs have to lose before they wake up to the fact that they'll never realize their ambition of pushing the Jews into the sea? The Palestinians are generic Arabs, they could live anywhere in the Middle East (or the world). Time to stop dreaming about the villages where their grandfathers were born and get on with life.

Palestinians do live all over the world but they still have dreams. Sure their dreams are unrealistic but so are most peoples. The situation now, since the building of the wall and the Gaza withdrawal, seems to be that Palestinians can have what's left of Palestine for a separate state on condition they stop dreaming. Suck it up in other words. If they attack Israel they get whacked (or they whack each other). It seems like a new situation on the face of it. Only time will tell if the basic equation has changed.

Guys,

interested by your comments, do you actually know wether palestinians are allowed to emigrate to neighbouring countries ?? Thought they'd rather move out if given the choice and understood it's not that easy for them to cross and live legally in Egypt, and I'd guess Jordania as well.

randomshots said:

Guys,

interested by your comments, do you actually know wether palestinians are allowed are to emigrate to neighbouring countries ?? Thought they'd rather move out if given the choice and understood it's not that easy for them to cross and live legally in Egypt, and I'd guess Jordania as well.

Jordan took in something like 1,500,000 Palestinian refugees according to UNWRA. That would be over half the population of Jordan.

http://countrystudies.us/jordan/29.htm

The West Bank and Gaza border crossings are contolled by Israel so they change all the time. I don't know what people there do about finding an embassy. Go to Amman first I guess.

No official crossing between Israel and Lebanon but many Palestinians live there. I'll check on figures for Egypt because I'm curious myself. Less than 100,000 probably. The border crossing at Rafah got off to a chaotic start. Hamas even blew up a section of the wall there.

Hi!

Palestinians lost their homeland in 1948 due to actions of the colonial powers that were in control of the area at that time. If you listen to TV interviews you will hear that the so called Israele's speaking wirh a very distinct American accent. What they are saying is that some fucking god has given them the place and anyone that comes fromthere can either fuck off or die.

regards

ALHOLK

I do read a lot of idiocy here about the Palestinians........

First is the word of 'Palestina' which is basically a Brit invention to describe the whole region

The Brits took over from the Ottomans, and gave their mandate up after the independence of Israel in 1948.

I'll spare you all kinds of details, suffice to say that the Westbank was not Jordanian-controlled, but de facto Jordanian territory. Same as the Gaza strip, Egyptian owned. There was never a palestina, nor Palestinians, all has been politically created, and definitely kept well alive by all parties for further political gain.

All Palestinians outside of those 2 zones have no access to either part and originate from having 'fled' the territories in 1948 and 1967, and to all parts of the world, be it Libanon or even the US.

BB

<< The Palestinians are generic Arabs >>

Not according to their DNA, which places them in a hypothetical Western Semitic group -- along with the Jews, Lebanese, Syrians and Jordanians. The actual Arabs of the world are relatively few in number, but the Sword of Islam spread Arabic culture and language in to many other lands.

In reality, the Arab leadership for political reasons does not want the Palestians resettled and assimilated. A friend who worked in Saudi Arabia tells me that the Palestinians are kept there more or less in slums -- and this in a country which claims to be the Palestinians biggest defender.

Also, everyone seems to forget the Sephardic Jews of the Middle East, who were largely driven from their own homes in Arab lands having to leave behind all that they had. The Palestinians weren't the only refugees created in 1948.

Archived