Damsel in Distress

bust

Met a gorgeous part burmese girl on my last trip. I was waiting for her one night when I saw her getting dragged along by a big butch thai girl.

She was fighting back but was in no position to get away. I grabbed her and got her away. She had already told me about this woman taking money from her and other items but she would not tell me the full story. My concern is a) is she being stood over because she is more than likely illegal and B) did i put her in danger by protecting her considering I am now back home.

This is why I never like to get involved in stuff like this unless I really know the full story, which I almost never do. It is possible this girl was an innocent victum, or she may well have been deserving of it. My guess is, the "butch" girl either took care of her business later on, or will. By interfering in the inevitable, you put youself at risk, and possibly the girl as well. Not knowing the full story, hard to say...

I was once on Sukhumvit at Soi 3, and saw a girl suddenly lash out yelling, and slapping a Thai guy, naturally, he slapped her back, and when she didn't stop, he went nuts on her. Some farangs jumped in to pull him off her, a bunch of Thais, guys and women jumped in on the farangs...it got ugly fast. When it seemed over, the Thai guy yelled at the farangs, yelled at the girl, slapped her again, then yelled at the farangs, who were now out numbered. Not good given knives, weapons etc can get involved...best to just stay out of it, if it isn't your family or close friend...if the Thais don't care/get involved, neither should you...

life in the big city. scary, but ask yourself:

would you get involved in LA, NY, Berlin, Paris, or Bogota?

if you just met the girl once?

like OH said, if it is not family or friends, best not to get invloved...

call the cops, or ask a Thai passerby to call them if you do not speak Thai. you will notice that Thais will not get involved in a Thai on Thai fight if the fighters are strangers...

Dude_Le_Rude said:

life in the big city. scary, but ask yourself:

would you get involved in LA, NY, Berlin, Paris, or Bogota?

if you just met the girl once?

I had actuallly been seeing this particular girl on and off for over a month. I accompined her one night to collect some of the money she was owed from the same girl. Unfortunately she seems so scared of being picked up she does not want any attention. Being sent back for her could be extremely dangerous.

Bust1

Although I agree with other folk here that getting involved is usually best avoided (including with other Farangs) - However IMHO I think you did the "right" thing on this occasion in trying to help (bearing in mind your past "relationship" with her), but limiting this to just getting you both the F#ck out of there.

IMHO sometimes you gotta "step up to the plate" (even if only a little bit and with your fingers crossed ::)

Old Hippie said:

This is why I never like to get involved in stuff like this unless I really know the full story, which I almost never do. It is possible this girl was an innocent victum, or she may well have been deserving of it. My guess is, the "butch" girl either took care of her business later on, or will. By interfering in the inevitable, you put youself at risk, and possibly the girl as well. Not knowing the full story, hard to say...

I was once on Sukhumvit at Soi 3, and saw a girl suddenly lash out yelling, and slapping a Thai guy, naturally, he slapped her back, and when she didn't stop, he went nuts on her. Some farangs jumped in to pull him off her, a bunch of Thais, guys and women jumped in on the farangs...it got ugly fast. When it seemed over, the Thai guy yelled at the farangs, yelled at the girl, slapped her again, then yelled at the farangs, who were now out numbered. Not good given knives, weapons etc can get involved...best to just stay out of it, if it isn't your family or close friend...if the Thais don't care/get involved, neither should you...

Your absolutely right OH.

The poster should be aware of this concern if he returns. Luckily this time he didn't end up in a mudle with some of the local nasties.

But he seemed to be freting over her, thought I might console him a bit.

I can see his concern for a girl he likes, but....is it worth making it all worse? Was up in Sakhon Nakhon maybe 3 years ago. Some Thais got into it, village shit...a farang visiting broke it up...long story short, he was seen as siding with one family over another, and he and the family he was visiting ( who were not involved in the mess) took serious shit for it...not good to get involved with this shit...

In Thailand it ususally comes down to clan vs clan.Families ,clans and groups. It inevitably depends upon which clan you are dealing with.The more one is simply dealing with individuals the safer the situation is, however if the clan or group have mafia or dark ties-then you are seriously fucked. Ok you grabbed her and got the fuck out there but be careful from here on in.

In general its best to NOT get involved I am sorry to say... :(

Archived