Worlds's Best Cities: Bangkok 2., Chang Mai 5.

kamui

"Bangkok is great but basicly is a basket case, who voted?...best city to live in or have a short holiday?.....no parks to speak of, horrible pollution, horrible traffic, rampant corruption, big slums....hardly cultured like paris is it....Worlds Best Cities; asia....that makes no sense to me"

Yep! seems awfully biaised... but still a great place to live in!! or well, let's say it again: Bangkok is a great place to live in. Fuck yes! Not cultured like Paris... sure LP... but Paris get frustating at times... Tonight spent 180 euros for a dinner of 2 in " Le cafe de l'Homme " , great view over the city from top of Trocadero but BELOW average food, than good looking foreign birds in Buddha bar but can't get a decent sit and headache to order a drink than off to alledgedly upscale "L'Etoile" but the dancefloor stinks from our own caucasian type of suburban middle class and the VIP corner is a bit classier but hardly a few birds and only a few black hookers I met before and I'm fed up with, so what's the point to overpay that much (210 euro a gin bottle??)? Basically pissed off and would love to move back to a less cultured city and spend evenings sticking huge dildos in thinny girls ass and even including hospital fees it only costs the equivalent of a couple champagnes glasses over here. Basically a great city.

Peace and brothers luv Ur sisters!

Amen

Random

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kamui said:

WORLD'S BEST Hotels

1 Four Seasons Resort Bali

Fifteen (almost 30%) of those 50 'world's best hotels' are Four Seasons.

Interesting.

Anyway I'm surprised how the Dharwamangsa in Jakarta doesn't appear in the list.

Personnaly the most magic place I've ever stayed is the Tugu Malang in East Java. I'd ranked also Malang as one of most pleasant town in Asia.

::

Hi,

my biggest reservation against this World's best is that it mostly reflects american tourists POVs. 10 Best Islands include 3 of the hawaii islands - these are mass tourism places. IMO Tahiti and Rangiroa are much better islands, but there you need to speak french. On Tahiti there were a lot of japanese tourists - how can they communicate? Don't ask me I speak french.

The hotel list is even worse, some of these are really international hotels, some are just american tourist hang-outs.

The 2 best hotels IMO

1. The Oriental, Bangkok

2. Tahiti Beachcomber Intercontinental Resort, Papeete

elef

Condé Nast Traveler rates cities in six world regions:

Europe#1 = Florence

USA#1 = San Francisco

Pacific Rim#1 = Sydney

The Americas#1 = Vancouver

Asia#1 = Bangkok

Africa/Middle East = Cape Town

The above are the "readers' choice" awards.

How did NYC make that list? Anyone try renting an apartment in NYC? Or try getting a cab to Brooklyn from Manhattan after midnight.

Would agree in that other list about San Francisco. A very underrated city. A bit expensive but physically resembles the east coast in some respects while retaining a west coast attitude.

Buenas Aires is good value for the money as well.

Archived