Fantasy Premier League 2005/06

peckieboy

sayjann said:

i'm in a quandry LG.

obviously i want MU to win on Friday but it will mean Relegation for your Boys........... :(

after spending time with you in BKK and having a Beer in Thermae i feel guilty if my Teams sends yours down......... :doah:

Sleep easily and let's pray together for a BIG victory, SJ, with my new captain scoring or assisting in all the goals! I'm not saying who in case you have a word with Sir Alex - he has almost always fielded weakened teams against Sunderland so it will be interesting to see who starts.

Our season was over long ago - if Pompey beat the Arse tomorrow or anyone else at the bottom wins another game, anytime, it's official! Although it would be fun to beat United for a day or so in the media, I am still hoping for a Chelsea stumble and an exciting end to the season.

This may sound perverse but I would rather be relegated on Friday than on Monday - when we 'entertain' Newcastle. The one bit of joy from this season could come then but the WORST case scenario is that they are responsible for sending us down!

Could be interesting on Monday, we may see a return to old-style football thuggery if any of the local rumours are true! There is talk of the home 'firm' going straight across the pitch and into the away end on the grounds that they don't care if they get banned anyway. I've eventually decided to take my eldest (12) along to watch the mayhem but I hope there's nothing to see apart from an exciting last minute victory for the lads.

Something good may still emerge from all this as Sir Niall Quinn reputedly has a consortium of wealthy Irishmen (mainly through his racing connections, but NOT the Man U people) ready to take over. They are allegedly (and there has been no denial from either side) planning to pay off our 40m debt, buy out the Chairman and put up a decent whack for new players. That would make this season seem worthwhile somehow! Not exactly Romanesque but just getting rid of the debt so that our income actually becomes ours rather than the banks would make such a difference.

Hope to meet you somewhere on Sukumvit again one day. If not, I'll give you a shout next time I'm heading to London.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the 4 Players you put in scored you 24 Points,a shame they cost you 12 Points.

but Henry did chip in a few Points as well.

looks like Limbo has clawed back a few points on me this Gameweek..........

he should get at least 9 Bonus Points to my mimimum 6.

but hopefully i will still hold a slim lead before the Easter Weekend Games.......

but i did pick my Forward line in preparation for the Sunderland Game..........

if MU put their minds to it then i think they could score a hat-full.

and i understand your fearss about Newcastle maybe relegating Sunderland.

People still talk about Man City relegating MU in the 70's which in fact is not true.

my fear would be Liverpool sending us down...............

When are the bonusses for week 35 due?

What about Shearer, is he injured and that was the end of his illustrous career. Off through the side door (well, with a goal and such). Hmmmm, that'd be sad.

Unlike some fake ManUSA fans, I do like Shearer, seems like one of the few players who's got his head screwed on the right way, just IMHO.

the bonus Points are up and running..........and you are still a LOSER............ :neener:

Shearer is a prat..............

hate the barstard and glad that he only ever one Medal in his career....... :grinyes:

serves him right for turning down the chance of winning Medals at MU TWICE............

'So, to answer my question, is Shearer out or not?'

have i got to do everything for you?.......... :doah:

the answer is.................oh bollocks,can't be bothered.....

just go on the Internet and look for yourself............ :neener:

but as i said before i will lose Points this Week as i have to get rid of 3 Players,no point in keeping them if they are not playing.

but Gameweek 37 could be interesting.

'Gameweek 37 sees 15 fixtures played, with many clubs playing twice: Arsenal, Blackburn, Bolton, Chelsea, Fulham, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Sunderland. However it's Middlesbrough who have an epic Gameweek 37, with 3 matches in 5 days due to their FA Cup and UEFA Cup involvement, which may be bad news for their League form'

i think a few of us playing this Competition will be juggling Players around and trying to get in Players from Teams playing twice.

but i wonder how many Sunderland Players will be picked?.

and Boro have 3 Games but will the Squad be rotated to accomodate the extra Game?.

Hey Limbo.............:wave:

we are pretty close so far this Month.........i have scored 2 Points more than you so far......... :chili:

we've both had our leads over one another and at times quite large but we have both clawed back the Points.

but it pretty even at the moment and will be interesting to see which one of us keeps their cool and manages to make the right Transfers.

good luck my Friend.................... :beer:

NOT HAPPY AT ALL.................. :cussing:

played around with the Fantasy Football and just looked at which Players to move and bring in.

i NEVER confirmed any Transfers but now it seems they are set in stone and will cost me a lot of Points if i change.......... :banghead: :banghead:

have already lost 8 Points and i now see that Jenas is out and i would have juggled the squad around if i had known earlier.

but i had to get in my changes quickly as i'm getting around 3 Hours sleep before the Gameweek closes but will be out at the time............BARSTARDS............

i reckon Limbo has a hotline to the Bosses of this Competition........ :cussing:

never trust a Vitesse supporter................ :shakehead:down::doah::( ::

Archived