Fantasy Premier League 2005/06

peckieboy

I have Henry as my captain and got only 4 points. :banghead: Because he cost me 14 mil, he'd better score 30 goals this year. Maybe I should have gone with RVN or Rooney and used the 2.5-3 mil to upgrade other positions on my team. Also, I thought Zamora of West Ham was ready to take his game to another level this year. Instead, he is showing why Tottenham gave up on him. It looks like Sheringham and Harewood are going to get most of the PT and getting Bellion on loan from ManU puts him(Zamora) further down the pecking order. If Tottenham gets Jenas, their midfield will be as crowded as Chelsea's. Decisions, decisions. ::

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this yesterday which seems to indicate that it's not just players from winning teams (just usually, I guess):

Isn't the Actim Index biased towards players who play for top clubs?

The Actim Index aims to identify successful players who contribute to winning performances. However, rewards for team success are only part of the final rating. Players on losing teams can still score points in other areas. The view is that players deserve recognition for contributing to team success, but should still be able to score points if their team draws or loses. Jlloyd Samuel of Aston Villa and Kevin Nolan of Bolton appeared in the final top ten Actim Index for 2003-04, despite playing for clubs outside the traditional elite. In the most recent season Crystal Palace were relegated but star striker Andy Johnson was a regular in the Actim Index Top 10 and finished in eighth place.

i see that Long Gun and Ultras67 occupy the top 2 places....... :up:

i have a new claim to fame,i chatted to the pair of them one Night in Thermae............ :chili:

and yes,before Limbo and Zaad start shouting from the rooftops i know i have fallen behind you but i expected that after having to mix up my Team in Midweek.

i had a poor Team playing and i knew i would slip down the Table............... :down:

These actim stats do seem to be dodgy.

Not only does it seem to be biased to winning teams but also attacking players. consider this example. chelsea play liverpool, makelele has a blinder stopping gerrard etc from player. lampard breaks away and scores the winning goal. apart from that he has an average game.

By all the indications so far lampard would get 3 points because he most influenced the game and was ok apart from that. But makelele gets 1 or 2 points because he never had a shot on goal, didnt put any crosses in etc.

The odd Andy johnson doesnt make up for the apparent overall unfairness of it. Maybe they will tweak it, maybe we are judging too soon.

Sayjann - dont worry. there is still a long way to go yet. :(

I have a couple of teams going this year in various leagues. One theory I am exploring is the value team of solid all rounders and no real stars. I got 12 points in that team mid week. :(

Yeah, my 'other team', which has a fair amount in common with the NPF one, scored 26 points this week, ending me 26 places down the table! Players rested for no obvious reason, captain subbed after 30 mins because someone else got sent off, defenders injured before 60 mins of a clean sheet performance!

I'm sure the likes of Bibblies are going nuts not being able to follow the progress of other people's teams at the moment but I think the added mystery is quite amusing. They are promising to sort it out this week anyway.

Ultras, you must have done alright on the bonuses this week so I wouldn't complain too much!

Strangely, I'm pretty relaxed about not being able to see others' teams which I reckon is probably a distraction anyway.

My "other team"'s doing better, on 212 in another league. :doah: I split things up this year, starting with Del Horno and Dawson in one league and Terry and Gardner in the other and working from there. The more conservative one's doing better. The one I've got here is ridiculously attack-lop-sided. I also wish I hadn't sold Del Horno in this one, of course!

Of course, if you want old-fashioned Bibblies, I can provide it ::

Fucking Fergie! :cussing: What's he doing not playing Brown at right-back like he should? Isn't O'Shea left-footed? Bastard. :spank:

Makele probably loses points for fouls while trying to shackle players like Gerrard. Also, he's in a lot of competition for good performers in the Chelsea team. Sissoko could be a better option.

'I'm sure the likes of Bibblies are going nuts not being able to follow the progress of other people's teams at the moment but I think the added mystery is quite amusing. They are promising to sort it out this week anyway'

i like to be able to look at the others Teams,not just in our League.

i like to see what high scores are being made and who are in the Teams etc.

it's interesting when you look at the overall leaders.

Archived