Fantasy Premier League 2005/06

peckieboy

Long Gun said:
bibblies said:

Are you sure only players from a winning team get a bonus? You can't prove it from the first round of games because no one in a losing team got more Actim points than any three players in his opponent's team. Maybe it's just a symptom because conceding a goal is such a negative points contributor?

After this week's bonus awards, I am pretty much convinced I was right! Too much of a coincidence for that to happen two weeeks running. If Sorensen, for example, didn't get any, despite getting MOM elsewhere .....

Seems llike anyone who scores for a winning team will get some bonus points too. A bit daft, I reckon, but at least it's the same for everygame, unlike the old arbitrary bonus awards.

Well 2 points for Geoff Horsfield this week, so I guess losers can be winners as well ..

Good week this week consider I spent most of the weekend watching "The Convicts" get put to the sword at Trent Bridge, and very little checking the footie news out.

Cheers

K.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been having a look at other Players Teams and certainly a varying degree of how we all play the Game.

some look for a balanced Team which will hopefully score roughly the same points each Week.

others concentrate on various parts of their Team wether it be defence,midfield or up front.

i always spend the majority of my Money on the forwards and proven ones at that.

so far my Strikers have contributed 93 out of my 159 Points which is a good return.

my 3 Strikers are all First-Team choice and will probably start 95% of the Games barring injuries/suspensions and all are in fine form at the moment.

obviously this makes my Team weaker than many others in the other areas but the Midfield is chipping in with a fairly solid set of points.

but my defence is poor and that is my normal way of Playing.

i know (well hope) that their poor return of Points will be offset by my Forwards and so far things are working as normal.

so far my crap Midfielders and Defence have only had one of them gain Minus Points in a Gameweek and i have found this surprising.

i may be down the bottom of the Table but i know i will never win this Game and just like taking part and having a bit of friendly rivalry with Friends........

i'm catching you up Limbo........... :beer:

After a few years, you get used to the players (the other managers, that is) anyway so there aren't many surprises when you see the teams. For instance, I know Juan Bautista Jecker's going to play, like me, for transfer value early on. I know the top managers are canny enough to notice nice but quiet little players like Reyna and Nolan and so I wasn't particularly surprised to see them in a few teams. (I'm surprised so few have got Pedersen though).

To tell the truth, I haven't played very well so far. I picked a good starting line-up but then made a few reckless transfers. Also, Steven Reid hasn't scored like he did in pre-season (Blackburn were playing particularly well then). However, I still find myself in fourth! ::

Owen is indeed a nice option but I think most people will wait and see how things go with him and Newcastle. I mean.. Newcastle have a good team but no goals so far.

Says a lot to me.

As for Del Horno, IMO he must do a lot more than just play a few good games to surpass Ashley Cole.

Never really like the gay-ish COle but he surely is a superb defender.

Belem said:

Who wouldv'e thunk Murphy from Charlton would be this good?

Anyone who checked the Actim stats for last season, that's who. Even though he was supposed to have had an average season, he was well up the charts. Also, their new striker, Darren Bent was the 2nd or 3rd best in his division's Actim stats last season and Charlton were doing well in pre-season which made me consider Murphy because, even if he's not playing well, he takes the free-kicks (and maybe the penalties) and I thought Bent would win more of them for him to take. Unfortunately, Charlton flopped in their final pre-season game while Blackburn did well so I didn't go for those Charlton players.

Mind you, I almost went for Solano and Roberts on Actim stats alone! Those were lucky escapes (so far).

Newcastle United

Emre Belezoglu (£3.8million)

Lee Clark (free)

Tim Krul (undisclosed)

Albert Luque (£9.5million)

Craig Moore (free)

Michael Owen (£16million)

Scott Parker (£6.5million)

Nobby Solano(£1.5million)

Newcastle has the best signings in the EPL this season.

Archived