Uploading Digital Photos From Internet Cafe

happyfarang2547

What if he just takes his camera to a photo shop and has them download the pictures to a disk, then takes the disk to an internet shop...? then upload off the disk? a lot of work, but save time uploading software to a net shop computer each time, and he would have a back up...

I should have mentioned I am shopping for a camera and deciding if to buy one for this trip. The other option would be to stay with the old film camera.

Suggestions on specific cameras would be great. There is a confusing selection out there. I'm looking to spend $200 for the camera and another $100 for bigger memory card, case, charger and other accessories.

happyfarang2547 said:

Suggestions on specific cameras would be great.

For the price you mentioned, get at least a 2.1 megapixel camera. I have a Canon and the quality differs tremendously from one to two megs. You can set your new camera on a resolution in the middle range and you might be able to store all your trip's photos on one 512 meg card. When I set my camera to the hightest resolution, a photo in bright daylight can be over 1 meg in size. If I go for a medium resolution and photo size, I can store nearly a thousand photos on a 512 meg card.

Good luck!

Hi,

Khunsanuk was looking for a new camera about two month ago. Read here

This should give you an idea. Read through it. You will see that usage and opinions differ greatly.

If you aren't hunting for the newest smallest model your 300 bucks will buy you a nice camera from a good brand.

If your main goal is uploading pics onto the web then note that most likely you have to resize the pics, or take the pics with lower resolution / higher compression in the first place.

HF,

Buying on line will saveyou a little bit...for decent digitals in the $300 range, I'd reccomend a Nikon coolpix 5700, 5900 (5MP) or 7900(7MP). If you scuba dive, consider the 5900 or 7900. Both I believe have a flash/exposure setting for scuba, you put the camera in a special case, and you have a scuba camera, extra versitility. The canon S-70 (7MP) is also good, and has the scuba setting as well...but is a bit more pricey...I would recomend you get something around 5mp as it will allow you to have better versatility.

Hi HappyFaran2547,

>>> Suggestions on specific cameras would be great. There is a confusing selection out there.

>>> I'm looking to spend $200 for the camera and another $100 for bigger memory card, case, charger and other accessories.

The three digital cameras I bought within the past couple of years have all been back for repair. When you buy a camer make sure you have a good warranty.

Best of luck and hope you are satisfied with what ever model that takes your fancy.

Cheers,

John_Betong

Archived