TG and money!

Lapaz,

I am thinking you go about this the wrong way. Don't let her sit at home all day, while she gets the money from you. Insists that she will go to school, get a job, whatever. If she is not willing to make an effort now, why would that change when she gets to australia?

Cheers,

soongmak

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see big problems in paradise. If you guys are looking for ambitious girls to be your partners, and the girl you are with shows no ambition, then there is going to be some tension. Either the girl has to change to become the hard working person with a strong work ethic that you want her to be, or you have to stop having these sort of expectations.

Really the girl is doing nothing wrong she is jusy being herself. Its the farang expectations that are usually off center.

Zorro: Since your girl has no interests, just do whatever you feel like doing and have her tag along, a good holiday partner. i assume she is good company. I suspect you like her too much which is why you are frustrated that she is not more like you in the ambition department. The problem still comes back to you having expectations that don't match your girl.

Really the girl is doing nothing wrong she is jusy being herself. Its the farang expectations that are usually off center

Well, I hardly call it off center that in a RT both people contribute something. Most people won't be happy with a partner who only sits on his/her ass and burn the money. That goes for most thais too. ::

Mailuk

"Zorro: Since your girl has no interests, just do whatever you feel like doing and have her tag along, a good holiday partner. i assume she is good company. I suspect you like her too much which is why you are frustrated that she is not more like you in the ambition department. The problem still comes back to you having expectations that don't match your girl."

Good advice and that is what i intend on doing and never really intended anything more.

I suppose it is just hard for me to understand why someone has such a limited outlook.

There just seems so little zext or verve or whatever.

Sad really and for me never a viable long term option if indeed i was looking for one.

I dont want to be too critical of Thais and the way they live, after all its their country and their way of life but even when you visit a small village, there is not a lot of work going on, its seems to me that sitting around, talking and drinking is the main thing that men do, so its going to rub off on the woman as well. A general view but the work ethic really isnt that high in Thailand but Im sure the Thais love of money will outway their love of not working, shoot me down bang! bang!

jasmine said:In my experience, I met only 2 women who did NOT know how to manage money, can it be the type of women I met?

............ In this case being posted about the woman, it could be that she testing how you would react on this could-be issue?

Jasmine

Out of hundreds of Thai girls I have known or employed, I can count on one hand the number who could manage money of any size, large, small or regular.

As for her testing him, levae it out. She is like the rest of her peer group, bloody lazy and unwilling to get off her arse, or her back.

Regarding marrying and taking that girl to OZ, don't do it. Get her to do something positive in LOS first, not just eating, sleeping and spreading her legs when the money runs short.

lapaz62 said:

........ when you visit a small village, there is not a lot of work going on,

Hi lapaz,

:topic:One of the reasons would be that work on rice farms is seasonal with long stretches when there is nothing that needs to be done. That's when many people (men and women) go to BK to work on construction sites, as taxi drivers, etc.

Regarding money, I agree that generally a TG is hopeless, especially a BG or ex-BG. My GF is getting better.

Khwai

I have had my GF learning english for the last month and shes going quite well ( and yes she seems to have picked up on the bad words first ) she is under the impression that because of poor english and little education she thinks she cannot work in Australia, I have told her that is not the case, is there and underlying class system in Thailand that I dont know about that treats country people poorly.

is there and underlying class system in Thailand that I dont know about

------------------------------------------------

Not really, if you think class system like discriminated groups you belong to all your life no matter how much you are succesful, but based on money and corruption (that's what your GF will truly appreciate in Australia and can't fathom now, little corruption felt at individual level, that makes you give up trying), yes, like evrywhere in the world , and of course more pronounced in the 3rd world.

But many succesful thai politicians come from supposedly low class, because born in the North-east, sometimes very poor, they still got in front of the crop in BKK to rule the country for most of its modern history.

Archived