TG and money!

Their fiscal irresponsibility may arise from their Buddhist culture.

oh, my dear friend. Buddhist culture never teach anybody to spend like crazy. The teaching suggest people to stay on being careful with all the things in life since the real certain thing is the uncertain thing. And yes, the teaching is also into the saving up as well.

The problems with those spoiled girls who do not know how to save is sure caused by their age and their real existing hard time when they were young in NE or very remote poor area and yes, their study background.

If anybody still have hope on them, keep on teaching them or giving them more or quit in case of not be able to be that patient. I am sure they can find a new sponsor to replace you sooner than you can imagine!!!! ::

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my next visit I'm giving her total control of our budget

----------------------------

I had to read this again, thought first you said the contrary...

IMO, wrong way to go, not sure what your RS is about, but seems to me you wish it not be based on "money growing on trees".

Time she learns or obeys, I say.

TGs, like many people need to be reminded sometimes of what you can do and can't. For sure every guy who is working for his money has had to draw the line in the sand with his thai wife, about stuff that's how he says and not she.

I think you invite more headaches, doing this, definitely telling her it's her money as much as yours. You can always backtrack, but TGs believe in jurisprudence: If something was done before, how in the hell can't it happen again.

She may not be one, but treat her like you would a child, when it comes to money because she will never be a spendthrift, truly.

again, IMO.

SkiBum said:

On my next visit I'm giving her total control of our budget and see what happens! ...

SkiBum

So you are giving her a wad of cash that is probably more than she earns in a year ?!? :doah: This is a recipe for a complete disaster.

... and you are going to tell her you can not take care of her financial needs. :rotfl:

Hi everyone, my GF and I will be married soon, I started off sending her around 15,000 bt a month, some times its double but over the past year it had never stayed around the original amount, at first she reckoned she needed 30,000 a month, not bad seeing she was only earning 7,000 a month before I met here. I think mamma and pappa have been getting their claws into her, she seems to understand we are not all millionaires but that never deters her from coming up with a new excuse for money, have a great one, Lapaz 62

I had a big talk with my girl last night about food and money and she said i was stingy so i told her to go and get another guy who will spend more money on her.

End result she realised it is a buyers market and not a sellers market here in Thailand so promised to show some restraint.

What a laugh!

Anyway for me it is not the most important issue as i stated before.

She just has a complete lack of interest in anything really apart from eating and sleeping.

Im never considered stingy, in fact she is thankful for the improvement to her life in the past year but I am concerned that when she comes to Australia to live with me, she will just want to stay home, shop and eat, I wish I could do that but alas life is not like that here, we get money cause we work long hard hours.

I hope that she can deal with the change in life style, she says she wants to get a job. But when your used to a couple of hours a day serving drinks and the odd fuck for money, the discipline of turning up everyday for 8 hours a day may prove to much for her, Lapaz62

I hate to bring that terrible word love into this forum, I know there are some here that view this word with contempt and that TGs are a commodity to be used and traded when you get bored with them. I would help my GF if she came from anywhere, its hard not to try and control them and its true they dont understand that we have to save all year to blow a heap of cash on a holiday to Thailand. We tourists have given the impression that we have a lot of money because we spend big when on holiday, they just dont realize that the holiday is over when we go home. Where does all their money go. lAPAZ62

Ladies and Gentlmen,

In my experience, I met only 2 women who did NOT know how to manage money, can it be the type of women I met?

However, I have learnt from this board about the Thai women and money though.

The 2 women who had a hard time on managing money as mentioned above are spoiled brats from very rich families. I met many Thais who came from huble familes and some from downright dirt poor who manage it quite well, in fact better than their "farangs" partners (according to the husbands themselves.

In this case being posted about the woman, it could be that she testing how you would react on this could-be issue?

Jasmine

[color:"red"] Also, to many, it matters not that you have explained finances. If you're from farangland, surely money must be falling off the trees there!

[/color]

Yes, I find it hard to understand that so many Thais still think that way. :: I sure worked hard picking that tree.

Jasmine

Archived