TG and money!

Guest lazyphil

<<She is like the rest of her peer group, bloody lazy and unwilling to get off her arse, or her back.>>

I lived with my Mrs in a slummy block of flats where bgs live in Patong, went to the bar every night for 6 odd months night in night out with her, the whole got boring, I think bgs become apathetic and lazy in that environment, I did, hardly a inspirational environment (yes its fun of course for a while!). Take a bg out of that setting and things improve greatly. Lapaz might well be ok, it was only on getting settled in england before my mrs could show she wasn't just one for sleeping, eating and shagging, with me :)....its not easy for a bg to demonstrate her working ethic in patong, my mrs wasn't going to start selling fruit on a cart to impress me that she was *good*, hardly worth it really for the earning potential and that I wasn't working.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may have sounded like my GF doesnt work, she does and long hours but is serving drinks in an empty bar all that difficult, she works during the day from 8am till 6pm and if its too wet or too hot, she just doesnt go. The bar seems to be ok with that but if I didnt turn up for reasons like that I would be on the unemployment benefit, imagine Thailand with unemployment benefits or single mother payments, the country would be broke in a week.

China facing epidemic of suicide, depression Mon Jul 25, 9:02 AM ET

BEIJING (Reuters) - Suicide is the number one cause of death among people aged 20 to 35 in China, where an estimated quarter of a million people a year -- or 685 a day -- take their lives, state media said Monday.

Each year an additional 2.5 million to 3.5 million Chinese unsuccessfully attempt suicide, which stood as the fifth major cause of death among the country's 1.3 billion people, the China Daily said.

Disproportionate rates of suicide and depression among young people appear to be a direct result of increasing stress in China's rapidly changing society.

"Society is full of pressure and competition, so young people, lacking experience in dealing with difficulties, tend to get depressed," Liu Hong, a Beijing psychiatrist, was quoted as saying.

More than 60 percent of people who took part in a survey of 15,431 Chinese suffering depression over the past two years were in their 20s or 30s, the newspaper said.

The escalating problem had drawn increasing concern from the government and public alike, leading to the creation of a national, 24-hour free suicide prevention hotline in August 2003.

Since then, more than 220,000 people had called the number, though Canadian Michael Phillips, executive director of the Beijing Suicide Research and Prevention Center, said only one in 10 callers could get through on the first try.

"That is very dangerous because most of the callers are anxious and may commit suicide impulsively," Phillips was quoted as saying.

Lung cancer and traffic accidents are the biggest causes of death in China.

--------------

So what does that have to do with the price of bananas?

We have this assumption that life should be centered around work. We assume this is a GOOD thing. I wonder sometimes whether it would really be such a good thing if the western "work ethic" became a universal work ethic. Especially when the majority of jobs are simply not enjoyable, even miserable. And in china modernizing the labor force apparently has some drawbacks.

You dont have to work hard if you dont want to, thats up to you, of course you could move to a poor country, lets say Thailand for example, treat the locals like your superior to them, because you are a westerner and will have a little more money than them, get a girl you couldnt get at home because of that reason and hide from the rest of the world because its too hard for you.

We have this assumption that life should be centered around work. We assume this is a GOOD thing.

It has nothing to do with being a good thing, heck, who wants to work for a living? For most people they simply don't have a choice. Most adult people who don't work, either

a) struck it rich while working

B) were born rich

c) are leeching on others

His GF definitely falls into category c) if she doesn't contribute to the rt as well. All IMO off course.

You dont have to work hard if you dont want to, thats up to you, of course you could move to a poor country, lets say Thailand for example, treat the locals like your superior to them, because you are a westerner and will have a little more money than them, get a girl you couldnt get at home because of that reason and hide from the rest of the world because its too hard for you."

Sounds like a plan.

I think i might try it.

That's exactly what I did :chili:

lapaz62 said:

You dont have to work hard if you dont want to, thats up to you, of course you could move to a poor country, lets say Thailand for example, treat the locals like your superior to them, because you are a westerner and will have a little more money than them, get a girl you couldnt get at home because of that reason and hide from the rest of the world because its too hard for you.

Archived