Any interest in NFL Fanasty Football??

Shilo

Well, I have my team set for the start of the new EPL season in two weeks..... and I can't wait to see if I can improve on my top ten finish from last year in my virgin season.

But a friend of mine mentioned that there has been an NFL league on the board in the past. Is there a chance that we might have another go at the NFL this year? And if so, what website do you guys use?

Last year I was in 2 leagues on another board and we were using the Yahoo system with it's auto draft and the ESPN system that had a $100 million budget league like the EPL's.

Any takers?

Shilo

I am sure we will have it, but the commissioner is on his yearly holiday right now. He will be back soon I am sure, so hang on!

Look for threads with NPFFL in the title in this section.

Cheers,

SD -- who's Thonglor Toadies are looking for a rematch (I shoulda won last year)!!!

I would like to participate this year, if there are any openings. I have had fantasy teams in football, baseball, basketball and hockey (um, except last year) in ESPN and won a few prizes -always total crap, the prizes, but its playing the season that is fun.

Of course, I would require that I get as many Iggles as possible on my team...except for former Miami Hurricanes who go around getting shot? ::

stonepony said:

Count me in again this year

Sarisin said:except for former Miami Hurricanes who go around getting shot? ::
Watch what you say about those choir boys in Southern Florida, Suadum used to play for the Hurricanes. ::

Yep, I know him well, his athletic prowess, and, surprise, the comment was made for his personal edification. :)

Anyway, it looks like Jerome is fine and managed to get a free pass from training camp. ::

Sarisin said:

Yep, I know him well, his athletic prowess, and, surprise, the comment was made for his personal edification. :)

Anyway, it looks like Jerome is fine and managed to get a free pass from training camp. ::

Pak wan! Anyway, that was 20+ years ago...now gravity is my enemy. My belly is now flabby and my pecs are now tits :(. Oddly enough my legs are still rock hard tho'.

But on topic, looking forward to the NPFFL. I only wish we had a live draft instead of an auto draft.

Cheers,

SD

Like I mentioned when I started this thread...last year I was in 2 leagues. One using Yahoos with it's auto draft and the other on ESPN where they use a salary cap of 100 million and you can pick your own players and change them each week as you choose.

As with the EPL site, player values go up and down based on performance....

Worth a look

Hey,

So happy to hear people are already looking forward to year 4 of the NPF NFL Fantasy League!!! I just got back from the states so give me a few days, but I'll try to have sign-ups available soon.

We have been using Yahoo the last 2 years after NFL.com started charging for teams. They have gone free again for teams, but it looks like they are charging for commishioners on a private league...which we are. I will do some more research and find the best solution.

As for draft...live vs. automated, I agree that the live draft is my favorite option. It is doable, but I haven't used it in the past because we usually have members from so many time zones that the drafting time would be unfair or impossible for some. Perhaps there's an morning/evening combo (U.S/Thailand) weekend day when it could be done.

Another reason we didn't in the past is that some of our owners have not always been longtime football fans and didn't feel comfortable knowing who to draft.

Please leave comments here if you would prefer the live or automated draft system.

For those who are unaware, the automated draft means that you rank all players (or use the rankings the "experts" from the website have given you) and the website chooses each team using those rankings.

For a live draft (which can take 2+ hours) each owner logs on at a specific time and literally drafts his players in turn with the other owners. You are usually given 90 seconds after your turn begins to make a selection. If you do not make a selection, the computer makes one for you based on pre set rankings.

Let me know what you'd like!

Dave

The Commish

Archived