Condoms breaking..

bibblies

What percentage of condoms break for youse guys?

Lately, I'm finding that over 50% are breaking on me. All kinds of brands, from the UK and from Thailand - Durex (several types), Mates, Bodyguard..

This didn't use to happen. Am I just fucking too darn hard or is this happening to others?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a VERY poor run when last in LOS , I was using durex mostly & approx 50% broke , I used some thai ones & approx 90 % broke . I have not really had this problem is Oz or Antarctica or elsewhere , but I guess when I nag those LOS lovlies I just can't control myself . Smaller minges in LOS may have something to do with it , & I had no lube last visit , whilst I usually have lube in Oz & Antarctica .

Generally If I'm carefull with my nails I'm ok but last year I had two breakages on me (in europe) both had bad outcomes, one much worse than the other.

Also I've used many different brands but on both of the occasions above it was a Swedish brand. So Basically I recommend avoiding Swedish Brands.

Not sure what the brand was, if there's any swedish folk out there, the packet was a blue flat wallet like thing with 10 condoms, you know the brand?

I had 1 breakage out of about 70 during my last trip a few weeks back. I used the lifestyle type (not sure who makes them) and always used the 54 mm size. The one that broke was a 51 or 52 mm that my regular picked up from family mart as they had run out of the others.

Fred

I've been using latex condoms for over 20 yrs and occasionally i've had them break for seemingly no reason at a far higher rate than the condom manufacturers figures suggest they should.they'll tell you that although latex isn't 100 per cent most breakages are due to customers not using them right! i don't believe that as i've always stored them right and put them on right and use a lube and still had them break at unacceptably high rates.when i had a long term falang girlfriends the only worry was if she got pregnant. now i'm a sanuker, but in a long term relationship, it's different. i really don't want even one break. that's probably not possible but regular breakages are a no-no.

my advice: get a condom you're happy with(make sure it fits: the durex in LOS are smaller than in the UK. Fetherlite, for sure. unroll one of each and you'll see. apparently the wrong girth of condon rather than the wrong length is resposible for most breakages) and stick with it. i'm from UK and have been using inspiral condoms made in india for a US company. boots sell them. not sure about LOS branches though.used them at home and abroad for about a year. not had one break. now i've said that probably it'll happen tonight! the problem is you lose confidence if a regular brand breaks too often, especially if the breakages occur close together.

also always use a quality lube. i use slick an oil based but condom compatible lube. it's excellent.

in hot climates store them in a cool place. this goes without saying but if you're in a fan only room you've no chance. i store mine in a fridge. although someone said maybe that's not a good idea - i don't know why - i've never had problems with this method.

apart from that i don't see what else you can do. the newer polyuerothane ones have the same published breakage rates as latex ones.

and don't let thai bargirls put them on for you. they put their fingers inside (long nails!) and stretch the condom open then place it on your dick rather than rolling it on. one did that yesterday. didn't feel right. took it off and put new one on myself.

another edit: i'm doing this on the fly in between sanuk; my % of inspiral condoms breaking is nil. must have used about 120. don't think that's enough to conclude anything. i bought a gross of my last brand. the first 120 were fine then 2 in a row broke.i've had 2 inspirals come off (something else to watch for).both times they rode up when woman on top. i had a 50% break rate when i stayed in a fan only room, hence my previous comment. if you have had no breaks i think you're lucky but just keep doing what you're doing. last time i had a break my wife discussed this with some of her girlfriends and every one of them had experienced the same thing. the next obvious q. is what to do when you do get a break ie to protect yourself. stickman asked this last year. the answer sadly seems to be nothing.

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: monochrome man ]

Man, those % you guys are citing are damn right scary. Something really does sound wrong.

I haven't had one break on me yet (hehe, I always tell the girls I'm small!!!).

On the topic of girls placing them on you: I wasn't watching (as I was doing other things smile.gif" border="0 The girl put her fingers in the condom and stretched the ring. Placed the condom around me and took one of her anchoring fingers out. Well, you guessed it, the side where her finger was snapped back on me pretty damn hard!!! I jumped and yelled, upon which she got scared and ripped her other fingers back, scraped me with her nails and the other parts of the ring snapped back on me. Oh did I hurt!!!

Also, PLEASE WATCH WHAT the girls are doing. Many of them have very remedial sex education and quite a few think it is fine to use baby oil or vaseline with latex condoms <<sigh>>

<<burp>>

Just wondering:

During the orientation, would they be shown how to use these condoms, health concerns, cleanliness, safety (this include to assess clients who may be overly drunk or abusive - or possibly with some viral from physical skin observation), - by the seniors or the mamasan, - or the bar owner?

Just concern about their welfare. Not after they learn the hard way from (bad) experience.

Only once have I had a BG give me a good visual check with a look down the eye before she rolled the condom on. I must say I was impressed with her ocupational health and safety. The wider girth condoms seem to have more length in them as well which is also a good reason to use them.

My suggestion is to put on the condom on yourself. Like some of the other guys have said the girls strech out the ring and then put the condom on instead of setting it on the tip an rolling it down. The thai condoms are no good bring your own. 50% of the thai condoms broke on me.

My experience with condoms has been that when I sanuk with Small Made Asian females the condom breaks more often.A friend of mine says that Mother Nature has made Man & Woman in each region compatable(dick & pussy wise).

Tight Pussies and vigourous activities will have their toll. Maybe a thick condom (reducing sensations) will work out. Sometimes this is to one's advanatage as I found out. One lasts longer when the sensation is less.At least it does for me.

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived