Anyone Know A Good Italian Deli in BKK?

jxxxl

Nervous_Dog said:

Sarasin - this is getting sad - only time we hear from you is when Italian food or Philly steaks are mentioned!

You need to get out with us again man!

DOG

:) One of the reasons I find myself posting more here on this board lately than on asfo is that it is not all about P4P here which is not part of my life now. Yes, I certainly don't have much to add in the Nightlife Section these days and have to focus on the more mundane daily living in Bangkok types of threads with an occasional digression on Philly, etc. ...but, no one seems to mind or shouts 'Off Topic' in my face.

Still, I have to say it is still fun going out with the likes of you, Long Gun and others. I just skip the messy ending now, though I had previously and head home like the choir boy that I am. ::

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Actually, OH, I like your recipe too, but remember as long as it vaguely resembles a cheesesteak, I'm there. I have even eaten them here at Subway..."

Yep, eaten at Subway! IT SUCKS!! no matter where you are! BKK, you could probably make decent ones out of Foodland...they have o.k. rolls, the cheese you could wing, and the beef is the rib eye used for Shabu Shabu...but use Olive oil! Soy bean peanut etc will heat to hot, and "deep fry" (sort of) the meat...also, use low heat, so as not to burn it... also, the Olive oil adds a bit of flavor.

I liked South Philly for the Italian food, that was for sure! I forget the name of the place, but it is/was on 9th street in the market, on a corner (maybe with Montrose?) that sold all the Italian specialties, had the good pepperonis, the Mozzarella balls in olive oil+garlic...damned, no wonder I'm so damned fat!

Ispent 4 years of my miserable lifegoing to Temple University... god only knows why... and we used to always go to S.Philly for the good Italian food...try Ralph's on 8th street for a great dinner!

No, the crap places use Cheese whiz as a way of cutting costs...cheese is just an option...and a good place will offer many different types...and yes, cheese whiz is a cheap/crap liquid form of something resembling chiz, bright orange cheese...

Archived