Anyone Know A Good Italian Deli in BKK?

jxxxl

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off the "Green route" that back road that connects Soi 3 with Asoke, around Soi 19 or so, there was a place that had Italian cheeses hanging up...never went in...might just be a restaurant...?

What do you need? I might be headed over in a few weeks...

OH,

Thank you very much for the kind offer to mule something out for me. Let me check out that place SD recommended before I place an order with you. I've seen lots of salame here, but I like coppa and mortadella.

The end game here is to make great cold cut (subs) sammys like I used to get back in LA, not like that shite they make at Subway. Subway is edible (just) but doesn't come close to a classic sub from an Italian shop.

I found a place here with big french bagettes that are crispy on the outside so I can everything but the meat and provelone.

Now I need to find Stuart's root beer and creme soda.

I know the feeling, jxxxl, as you cannot compare Subway fare with Philly hoagies and cheesesteaks. However, I still drop by once in awhile and partake.

I believe the supermarket in Emporium has some decent deli meats and cheese, but like everything there they are overpriced.

Yep, never saw creme soda here, but the A&W root beer served in a frosted mug or with a dollop of vanilla ice cream ain't that bad!

Pom Michael said:

That Food Glorious Food has a sub-branch in the Emporium supermarket, 5th Floor. Different name but same owner (father/son).

Ah, I saw this place last time I was at Emporium and they had beautiful meat and sausages. I don't think it's been there long, will have to see if they have deli meat.

SD, the Food Glorious Food website is great. Doesn't appear to me more than Villa or Emporuim (overpriced I know) and the quality looks great. If they are servicing the better restaurants as they say, the quality is probably good.

Sarisin, I'd kill for a good hogie out here - good business idea for anyone interested. I'll bet if you opened a cheese steak shop on Suk you'd make a killing off the late night pissheads, and put a serious dent in subway's business.

Archived