Stickman this week regarding violence .

jitagawn

Yep... despite Jakarta still beeing a big miss in the map of the places I've travelled to (along Shangai, I agree with William that HK, Singapore and KLs are all interesting places to spend a few days - or more)... I can remember precisely three guys telling me very clearly Jakarta is the best partying city in Asia. Those three guys seemed quite well travelled and they all had been to BKK more than a couple of times. Always seem to hear very wild stuff from indonesian people about Jakarta as well.

Would prolly be flying there myself this week if up for 24 h party but it seems I can have it about anytime in Paris and will spend the next few days in BKK enjoying comfortable accomodation and a wide range of welcoming pussy.

Random, kindda resting

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This is true, which is why I find it so unfortunate that the more interesting, albeit more expensive venues, have been the targets of such intense and repressive police action. I am talking about places such as Q Bar, Syn Bar, Club Mystique. These places represented a great opportunity for diversifying Thailand's nightlife, but the current practices (e.g., early closings, lock downs and urine tests) have been particularly harsh on these places. With so many eggs in the tourism basket and the tourism industry dependant on nightlife, you'd expect the authorities to impliment policies that encourage diversification in that area. But that is not happening. "

Gadfly,

Do you need any support on that one?? It's really a shame those places are targetted so hard, as well to see them closing earlier than the lower market pick up places like CM2 or Nana. It seems to come down a lot on who's located in a hotel or in the entertainment zone andit's quite disappointing.

nah... GF's talking on the phone... gives me enough time to add a note about Singapore...Saw actually more agressions against foreigners there in 5 weeks than in Bangkok in more than as many years... both in Newton Circus late at night, foreigners getting in an argument and almost the whole malay corner jumping on them, saw people running at the scene carrying rubbish containers, no idea what was going on but want to inflict some pain to outsiders... talk about rat pack mentality... A lot about police intervention outise night venues could be said as well, 3 of the locals staying in my hotel were taken away while I was back in Europe for a few weeks, each for a different issue. Sure a tough policying but some good clubs and seemingly a nighlife altogether opening up.

If one reads my posts the answer to this query is rather self-evident.Enough said.

--------------------------------

not sure what that means. Not even sure what people call racism anymore. they don't like you, but they don'y hate you, they want you out, but they welcome you and let you enjoy their country pretty much as you wish.... :: Not my definition.

If thais are that racist towards farangs, I can live with that, and i think a lot of victims of racism around the world would live with that too.

Some of you thinks it's virulent active racism lived day after day. maybe you went to Bosnia, Kosevo, Rwanda, Indonesia (they go on anti-chinese rampage there, just bring 100 000s of sex tourists in jakarta , and muslim Indonesia every year, and let's see what happens), aparheid South Africa, etc.... to learn about true active racism.

Just tell me of any instance where thais went after an ethny, I don't mean kicking the ass of a poor Issan or burmese worker, just acting their racism out like KKK lynched blacks and examples above, so it becomes part of their modern history, as it did US and those above and others.

That's all cry-baby stuff, what i read here. I can rant against thais as loud as any of you. It's a farang sport, so be it, but seriously, ask yourself why there are so many active people around the net on so many active websites about Thailand. We love to talk about thailand, because we like the place.

There is absolutely no way we'd do it in so many sites, if the nightlife P4P was just another red zone like any in the world. Likewise, You don't have so many thai websites because it's 20$ a pop, either. Everything we find negative about thailand is always an afterthought to liking the place. Myself, as an afterthought, i do not like thai men much in general. but that's all in the context of this world not being a perfect world, that's all.

When you go live in a country, or visit the place many times, you get a feel from your experiences, from something in the air, the people, that's how you see if you like the place or not. I read you here, and it's as if you are just coming to the realization you do not like the place and do not like the people. Ok, so, you still come for the cheap sex. and that makes you visiting this site (maybe others), every day, to be with other Thailand bashers? Come on!

About Jakarta, it's all the grass is greener stuff. Try it, and try others, and find your warm spot kept for you in thailand when you'll have enough of the going around, looking for a better place to enjoy chicks. Prozal does travel a lot to enjoy himself, he is not especially attached to one place, very much unlike so many of us.

Save him, all the guys i know here, evryone has developped attachment to thailand, some met a girl because they liked thailand enough to come around again and again, not the other way around. That tells me something. So, let's babble about thais being racists to our little heart's content, if you want, but I doubt this is the kind of tar that will make anyone flee the country. At the end, just rhetoric. For the laws that prevent one to buy land, or become thai, never heard anyone say "that's it, i am leaving". And never heard too many stay there say "I made a mistake and i regret it".

For the present situation, "things are getting worse, dude.... :(". Let's be serious, who here who stay in thailand is working on its plan B, or relocating somewhere. What is the wait, if not? I have been on this site for 5 years. Back then, you already the "if getting any worse, I go" thing going on. so it is getting worse, I read, yet pretty much everyone is here still, few like Sarisin have had second thoughts. Still, he fell in love with a racist thai woman (they are all racist, that's your POV).

You guys who feel like that, better find out what the F.. you are doing with your life, and what the F... it has so much to do with thailand, if the place is so rife with racism against you? If it's to be in a sex tourist ghetto to shag girls you despise as they despise you (they are racist), i gotta feel a bit sorry for you.

Last on the subject for me. Simply because we like or loveThailand, when we speak of it to peole who have not been there, we ain't saying "it's a racist country, be careful!". When KS goes to Holland, ask him after 2 weeks if that is not nice to be back home! That's the greatest mind-fucking thing about Thailand. it's not home, authorities can throw anyone out, people have a way to remind us sometimes and still it feels like home!

Some racist country! ::

Hong Kong. There are available girls and the bars stay open late. Certainly more expensive than Bangkok, but my goal is not limited to banging the most amount of bar girls for the least amount of money. And I don?t know of a single incident where a bar has been sealed off by police demanding bribes and forcing patrons to queue for hours to submit to a urine test.

Excellent post!

To your list, Macau makes a worthy addition.

NOt sure what that means? It means exactly what is says.

MY POV is not as complex as you make it. I inferred that most Thais are rascist IN general (I never mentioned specifics.)as are people the world over. There are problems in LOS but"the sky is not falling" and yes I still love the culture.It is violent so one has to be aware of ones surroundings. My posts are pretty evenly considered. Geez louise give it a break.

You guys who feel like that, better find out what the F.. you are doing with your life, and what the F... it has so much to do with thailand, if the place is so rife with racism against you? If it's to be in a sex tourist ghetto to shag girls you despise as they despise you (they are racist), i gotta feel a bit sorry for you.

Sorry for me? :: :: ::

Get a life.

I read you here, and it's as if you are just coming to the realization you do not like the place and do not like the people. Ok, so, you still come for the cheap sex.

I have been here for 15 years.I have a business and a life here WHAT ARE YOU GOING ON ABOUT?

Woa had a few?

You seem to need a soapbox so I am glad you found it.

It matters little what one really WRITES ina post as the repliers extrapolate their interpretations within their own frame of reference. Its silly really.I think I will join my friend FOW.

No worries be well . :) :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am always amazed that farang can put their own life in danger for a 20 Baht note.

When you travel in a other country you have to be aware of some danger but there is a big difference to be aware and to go overboard in what is becoming paranoia.

Now paranoia is becoming a trend (à la mode) and I am not falling for it. I am aware of the danger when I travel in Thailand and I try not to put myself in danger with my attitude, the place I go and people I am with.

It's amazing to see farang shouting and insulting Thai guys for little or nothing putting their life in danger and trolling about what happened to them on message board.

Remember we are all travelling to the same country so on what I see a lot a farang deserve what they get with their behavior.

It's amazing to see farang shouting and insulting Thai guys for little or nothing putting their life in danger

The fact that "shouting and insulting" should put one's life in danger says at least as much about Thai "culture" as it does about assinine farang behavior.

I see a lot a farang deserve what they get with their behavior.

Insulting, belligerent behavior could and should have consequences, maybe even nasty ones. But the sorts of incidents being described in this thread often seem to be either random in nature or cases where the punishment is way out of proportion to the supposed crime.

Archived