Stickman this week regarding violence .

jitagawn

"In Thailand the most common response to violent verbal altercations or when money and face are involved is a savagely violent and possibly deadly sudden rat pack physical attack.

How can U be so assertive when U come up with so suspicious statements?? Where did U get ur facts from???

Please, wake up, that's only Thailand, dream time's over.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" Would they do still fall into this camp if the roles were reversed, and a Farang put a Thai into ICU under these circumstances? Apparantly we are not supposed to ask these sorts of questions"

Nah, think U can ask this to to MaiLuk at least and he will prolly answer you in the same tone. I share that general vision BTW that someone creating troubles can hardly expect finding sweet outcomes, or even what he or others may wish to be a "response in proportion" or whatever was the term used.

Different thing about the guy in ICU as we didn't know the facts and although it's sure there are not only farang stirring troubles in those late nights, many thai, guys and gals, are holding in plenty of hatred, and may take profit of very minor issues to express it.

randomshots said:

"In Thailand the most common response to violent verbal altercations or when money and face are involved is a savagely violent and possibly deadly sudden rat pack physical attack."

How can U be so assertive when U come up with so suspicious statements?? Where did U get ur facts from???

Please, wake up, that's only Thailand, dream time's over.

I have been offering facts, arguments and observations throughout the last two very long threads on the matter of violence in LOS.

Have you been sleeping the whole time and just woken up to read that single sentence?

Reread any of the two and let me know which ones of those arguments and observations you disagree with and refute them countering with your arguments and observations.

Or, more simply and easily, just keep on dreaming while accusing the ones who COMMENT on the reality of the life in Thailand of doing so...

I find it very strange that some falangs believe when other falangs are attacked, they are attacked because they deserve it.

I was attacked?

What did I do wrong?

I was walking against traffic. I had no interaction with anybody except the person I bought the coffee from. When the 4 men with machettes surrounded me and demanded everything I had, I assumed it was a robbery. when I filed a report with the police, they said this happens all the time, every night.

Did I deserve what happened? Do all the others who get robbed deserve that?

NO!

Trying to paint Thailand as a very beautiful picture is nice, but it does not mean one has to be oblivious to everything else going on in the Kingdom.

first, about violence, beating up on people. Thais will do that to thais, so I am not sure this has to do with farang/thai whatever, anymore. Anyway, money passes hands in many times, this is what differentiates west and much east at this level of people inter-action. Once the cops get in, back home, you can't repair or buy your way out with money to the offended party. In thailand you can. If farangs are not quite getting their cut out of this, it's because they are outsiders, in a very insular culture.

True. Yet ONLY in places where tourists have absolutly no reasons to go

-----------------------------------

indeed, but that was the point made. That out in thai/thai clubs, the farang is exposed.

capoeira in Brasil and thai boxing in Thailand ; which one reveals an aggressive and violent nature ?

-----------------------------------------------

And americans love to own guns.... Not sure about comparing stuff like that. I think you feel much safer anywhere in thailand, save a few perimeters at certain hours, than in many places in Brazil at any hour. It's a good point to discuss culturally, but streetwise, i don't think it matters what sport the 2 practice. Latins are more red-blooded, IME. With a thai, save gang wanton violence, there is plenty of time to lose or save someone's face before it gets to bleeding time. Thais are macho, but quite unlike latins. They prize understatedness a lot, it shows being on top. Again, less and less in urban society.

In Brasil, when the locals understand that you have the same interests as them, ........... Brasilians don't have a violent nature, and 99% of them are funloving and VERY friendly with foreigners

------------------------------------

Could have put Thailand instead of Brazil, there. Not arguing with you, brother, BTW. I doubt you ever had any special self-consciousness when in thailand, other than staying aware of surroundings like travellers learn to do everywhere ( and as we do in Paris metro, for ex. Shit can happen there too).

the problem with such threads is that some are rabid about their opinions. It's theirs or the highway. I am all fine finding thais CAN be racist, xenophobic, violent, I have a problem with those who find thais live by such feelings day in and night out, brimming at the rim, and cannot be BUT defined as being racist, xenophobic and violent.

"I have been offering facts, arguments and observations throughout the last two very long threads on the matter of violence in LOS.

Have you been sleeping the whole time and just woken up to read that single sentence? "

Dude,

I've noticed u filled a lot of space on this thread and actually judged it a better use of my time to skip Ur long posts after reading a couple of shorter ones. Read yet the -short- one quoted above and comment was so obvious I couldn't resist.You're losing the credibility ur point might have had at the beginning making such gross and rascist statements .

"The Most Common"... How is it I don't see "rat pack attacks" a few times a week as that's about the frequency I witness issues about money or "violent verbal altercations" ... What kind of shithole u're living in so it may look the norm to you??... Please do answer as I'm quite curious on which basis someone can come up with such a bullshit. Just have the sympathy to make it short.

How can you even think most money issues might end up in violent verbal altercations is already beyond me... go figure what I think about where both are supposed to end up... "most commonly"...U must know a very different side of Thailand, might be the way Ya baa dealers interact in KlongToey, than it's true I can't comment much. Anything that is, perhaps U should give it a break, breath in, and go shopping for more reasonnable arguments.

Random, confused

Khun Figjam,

U made an extremely suspicious statement, difficult to be backed by other suspicious things you wrote earlier (quite a bit of it beeing rascist overstatements as well, I did read some of your posts).

So please which part of the thai society do you take as reference to come up with the insulting (to thais probably, but also to analytical minds from all ethnic backgrounds) generalisations you feel appropriate to plaster that thread??

Again, I'm baffled.

randomshots said:

Khun Figjam,

U made an extremely suspicious statement, difficult to be backed by other suspicious things you wrote earlier (quite a bit of it beeing rascist overstatements as well, I did read some of your posts).

So please which part of the thai society do you take as reference to come up with the insulting (to thais probably, but also to analytical minds from all ethnic backgrounds) generalisations you feel appropriate to plaster that thread??

Again, I'm baffled.

Mr randomshots,

I have better uses of my time than once again repeating what I have already written in details in those long posts which you said you can't be arsed to read.

Prosal said:

In Brasil, when the locals understand that you have the same interests as them, that is beer and bundas (asses) ::, they IMMEDIATLY relax and open up. Violence is ABSOLUTLY not in their schedule. If you enjoy mixing with brasilians, drink beer, flirt and dance, even if it's in some poor and rough environments that might give adrenaline rushes, you don't have to feel NO anxiety. Brasilians don't have a violent nature, and 99% of them are funloving and VERY friendly with foreigners.

Been to both Brazil and Thailand and I can say the same for each place.

Anyway just compare the two national sports : capoeira in Brasil and thai boxing in Thailand ; which one reveals an aggressive and violent nature ?

The comparison and argument you made concerning the martial arts are absurd have absolutely no merit. You need to do a little more research. The style is very agreessive and one of constant motion. CAPOEIRA was/is a very effective fighting style with devatating results. The style is a purely offensive style that is meant to either kill,maim or completely incapacitate the opponent.

The style is of African origin and was further developed by the enslaved Africans in Brazil. It was so effective that slaveowners banned the practice of the art. The slaves continued to practice the fighting style by disguising the movements in the form of dance, which you currently see being performed in the streets. So u see appearances mean nothing and evidently you are fooled the same as those Brazilian slaveowners were.

:: :neener::grinyes:

:up:

Archived