the new Football Season-2005/2006

sayjann

Darn,

Was in Koh Tao and must've been the only person on the island in an Arse shirt.

Lost my bloody voice as well.

Great game by Arsenal but I can't believe the referee and some of his decisions in a game of this importance.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_Munchmaster said:
sayjann said: this Week we see Celtic play MU and Newcastle in Games which will earn a lot of Money for Keane and Shearer. i always find Testimonials obscene as the top flight Players do not need the Money. let's hope they give some of the Money away,like Niall Quinn did a few Years ago..........

Shearer said a while ago that he was giving all the money to charity. Don't know about Keane though.

Yes, Keane too, I believe. The best thing about Sir Niall giving away his million was that he made it impossible for Mary Poppins and Keane to do anything different without being labelled as greedy twats.

Someone sent me this (Sayjann, where did you get me e-mail from?!?!) which is probably a rehash of something else but has a few goodies in it:

Apparently this is the menu for Arsenal's dinner tonight

Starter

Egg on Face

Seasoned Hash

Frogs legs (past their best)

Spanish Surprise (well beaten)

Main course

Humble Pie

Chump Chops

French (has) Beans

Manager's Beef (not rare)

Catch of the Day - big lemon Sol (gutted)

NB: everything is imported, nothing is home grown.

Dessert

Sour Grapes (may be hard to swallow)

Fruitless Tarts

Raspberry Fools

Hard Cheese

Drinks

Bitter

Little Spirit

French Whine

Cabernet Empty 2006

Champagne - sorry none ordered

STRICTLY NO DOUBLES OR TREBLES

NB: drinks should be consumed from glasses as there will be no cups this year.

Guest speaker:

Sir Alex Ferguson - "What it's like to win the European Cup"

OK,OK you know i like to have a joke at Arsenals expense......... :neener:

but my thoughts on the Game from a neutrals point of view,well sort off as i did want Barca to win......... :grinyes:

1st of all the Ref was not up to the job........... :shakehead

he made some silly decisions against both Teams.

the Lehmann incident as swings and roundabouts.

the Ref made the decision to disallow the Goal and punish the Goalie.........maybe the right decision at the time?.

but he could have allowed the Goal and let Lehmann remain on the pitch.

we will never know how different the Game would have been if the the 2nd scenario had happened.

but the Ref has admitted that he acted too quickly over his decision

what would YOU Football supporters have done in his position?.

i know that Henry was speaking in the heat of the moment and while disappointed but i thought his comments were misjudged.

yes he was kicked a few times and was unlucky to be booked but Arsenal were also guilty of some tough tackling.

Eboue made a very high challenge and was rightly booked.

and Henry should remember that the Goal resulted from an outrageous 'dive' from Eboue.

diving is my real hate in the Game at the moment and i was really angry when he done it.

i know People complain about European Teams doing it all the time but there are many Players in English Teams who do it and yes...........there are a couple at my Team.

i have named them in previous posts and haved condemned them,but i see no-one from Arsenal saying that Eboue CHEATED.

Barca played like they play in La Liga.

much posession but thought they only had to walk the ball into the net.....:doah:.........that reallly frustrates me.

both Teams had chances to score but Arsenal's were better.

i'm glad the Eto'o Goal stood as it bucked a trend and that was good to see.

for a number of Years the Officials have been told to give the advantage to the Forwards in marginal cases and it rarely happens.

how many times do we see Forwards given offsdie when they clearly were not?.

and also the Officials have been told that there has to be daylight between Forwards and Defenders in cases like this.

IMO Eto'o had his body in line with the last Arsenal Defender but one of his feet was in an Offside position...........look at the replays when it gets frozen.

but he took a gamble and it paid off,99 times out of 100 we see Players given offside and that is wrong.

we have all seen our Teams suffer from wrong Offside decisions and really vented our anger at the Officials........ :cussing:

but we are also very gleefull when we get away with it......... :chili:

sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Larsson made a difference when he came on and i was glad he finished his Barca career with a Winners medal......... :yay:

i know he played many Years in a weak League but i always knew he could play in a higher League.

he is quality and i would have loved to have seen him at MU at his prime,i think he would have been a star in the PL.

he's had a stop/start career at Barca but at last things have finished on a high note......... :up:

i think Barca deserved to win because of the posession they had but they didn't really carve out any great chances........Almunia saving from Eto'o aside.

but Arsenal should have finished the Game off well before Barca got there Goals and that was their failing.

you can moan all you like about the other Team and Officials but the Game is decided on Goals.

and if you don't finish the chances you have then you only have yourself to blame.

i know that some of you will disagree with my comments but that is what Games like this are all about.............opinions.

:topic:

i know Arsenal moaned about the 'Offside' but would they have celebrated if Henry scored an 'exact' Goal...........would it have been Offside?.

i like to ask a question amongst Friends.

20 Years ago Maradona scored the infamous 'hand of god' Goal against England and he and Argentina have been villified ever since.

but i always ask a question about a certain scenario.

July 2006 and in the 88th Minute of the WC Final Gerrard rushes forward and punches the ball into the net to win the Game for England.

would Gerrard be slammed for doing what he did and called a cheat?.

'no fucking way' People say...........he is a Hero because he won the WC.

that certainly sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me........... :doah:

but something which surprises me............

we haven't heard any comments about the FA Cup Final.......where are you Teddy and Bibblies.......... :dunno:

but good to see that Arsenal join the band of English Teams who can't remain unbeaten in the CL/European Cup Finals........... :chili:

Man Utd,Villa and Forest have won each Final they have been in..................:yay:

3 small Clubs batter the best of Europe.......... :applause:

Arseanal,Leeds and Liverpool fail to achieve the full set....... :(

and the Mighty Chelsea still can't mansge to get to the Final.........a big Club?.......... :sleeping:

Hi LG........... :beer:

i know you had a few Months preparation for Sunderlands departure from the PL but i hope you are upbeat about next Season............. :up:

'Someone sent me this (Sayjann, where did you get me e-mail from?!?!)'

you cruel person...........

i deny any knowledge of this slur against my good name......... :doah:

but don't you remember passing me a little bit of paper with the address on while we were in Thermae last Year?........ :beer:

hope to see your Name in the World Cup Competition...........

funny post though,i'll have to print it out and show it around work................. :grinyes::applause::chili::yay:

I think you'll find that most Arsenal fans were very proud of the club. We showed we belonged. Its only speculation but as I said, we always had goals in us if it was 11 v. 11 and the first few minutes showed that. Finishing has been our achilles heel for a large part of the season and we came to rue it in the final but it still does not negate the fact that with 11 players we would have numerous chances. I'd have gladly taken the goal to let Lehmann stay on. I was positive we could equalize. We'll never know that but any neutral seeing the match could see that we had goals in us and the fact that we score with 10 men and had other opportunities to score with 10 men gives some evidence to what I said.

Henry says he'll stay with the club. No big surprise to me as I've been saying in posts all season he is staying. Wenger said he wants Henry to stay but more importantly he wants Henry to be happy and if that meant him leaving so be it.

Contrast that with Mourinho who says he will not let Drogba go. He will bench him if necessary. I've long said that Chelski will be a gilded cage. If any other club bought a player for 24 mil pounds and he wasn't happy, they would have no choice but to sell him for the best price they can get. Chelski can afford to buy that players replacement and pay his wages, no other club can continue paying huge wages like that and let him rot in the reserves. Sooner or later, players will see that and see how he and Kezman are treated. How they forced Crespo back even though he was happy in Italy and even after a successful season has still said he would be happier in Italy. And if chelseafan or any blues supporters say that Crespo has said he's happy at the Bridge, you and I both know that he has to say that. He has no choice but to play for them. In fact, he's trying to get himself back to Milan for Schevchenko. Still, Mourinho is no where as bad as Fergie.

don't know wether your first post was directed to me but don't bother in the future.........

you have been on my ignore list for quite a while now and i have no idea what you are saying.

so no point on replying to anything i say............

i prefer to talk to People who have something sensible to say..........

but i apologise if you were not replying to my post..........

Archived