the new Football Season-2005/2006

sayjann

sayjann said:

i agree that Walcott should not be going.

not good enough for Arsenal to play him against a Team like Sunderland but seemingly good enough to face Brazil,Argentina,Germany etc.........

Probably didn't want to risk shattering the lad's confidence after seeing Sir Alex's tear-stained face after the Friday night shut-out.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way was that a dive, if you watched in HDTV you would just make out the Hungarian player's bootlace clearly catching Stevies boot. There is no way that Stevie would do a Christiano Ronaldo.

Great goal from Crouchie though ::

teddy said:

No way was that a dive, if you watched in HDTV you would just make out the Hungarian player's bootlace clearly catching Stevies boot. There is no way that Stevie would do a Christiano Ronaldo.

Great goal from Crouchie though ::

I'm sorry, but if Crouch ever does a celebratory dance like that again, he should be sent home from the world cup....

That was a disgrace.....

sayjann said: i agree that Walcott should not be going. not good enough for Arsenal to play him against a Team like Sunderland but seemingly good enough to face Brazil,Argentina,Germany etc.........very strange.

maybe the David Dein influence again?...........

I also am amazed that Walcott has been picked but unlike sayjanns totallay blickered view I think that because he has no experience. He hasn't played for Arsenal because he's not ready in Arsene's view, he's been bought for next season and beyond. I also agree that he's not ready to face Brazil, Argentina, Germany, etc, but then no other English players are going to play against them anyway as they they'll never go far enough to meet them. I look forward to England returning with their tails between their legs after another unsucessfull tournament. Who else is sick and tired of hearing about Rouneys foot, a youngster that England believe they can't do without. Now they're talking about Gerrard partnering Crouchy up front if Owen can't make it, is that the best the Sasenachs can muster? Bring on any team that's playing them.

PS Walcott, given the chance, will probably turn out to be the best thing England have got!

We won it in 1966, remember that great commentary:

"the fans are on the pitch, they think it's all over, it is now"

I will lend you the video if you want?

Innngggerrrrland, Innngggerrrrland, Innngggerrrrland, :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:

didn't really which Football Thread to put this into.......so this will do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/brazil/4759831.stm

i've always said that the Brazilians of 70 were the best International Team i have ever seen and that Alberto's Goal was one of the finest ever scored.

the Goal has been recognised as the best Goal scored in the WC............ :applause:

a real Team Goal.

i like a Team Goal,much better than a 30 Yard shot......which can sometimes looked upon as a bit of luck.

a Goal which involves many Players passing the ball around and in sync with each other is always a joy to watch........

Sayjaan,

I bet you remember Denis Irwins goal in the 5th Round (?) of the FA Cup against Sheffield United(?) in 96 (?) Ok not to sure about the Round the opponents (except it began with S) or the year, but I am sure it was Irwin in the FA Cup.

27 passes without the opposition touching the ball, rolled out by the great dane, and payde the full lenght of the pitch switching flanks as they went, pulled back to Irwin and on the right hand corner of the box and he rifled it in.

The commentary was a peach, "You Can Stop the Attackers, You can stop the midfield but how do you stop their Defence from scoring?"

I am begining to realise how Liverpool fans felt in the mid 90's now

Archived