Be thankful

gummigut

Wife took me to an 89 baht all-you-can-eat place last night...and I must say...why???

Tiny cooker, hordes of people, hot and sticky atmosphere, stuff running out all the time, questionable cleanliness...

and for 60 baht more, I could've had the same style of dinner with higher quality food, in comfortable surroundings at Daidomon.

Broke it to her this way..."You know, honey, we're not poor"

Well, I can actually see the place being lots of fun. Though you'd have to go in a group of 4 or more and on a busy night.

Don't do what I did. Think it was Monday. Late at night, hardly any customers, so the food that sat out had hardly any turnover.

But unless it's under those special circumstances, I don't think I'd go to a place like that again.

As for the Centipedes!!!! GAHHHHH. Did you know centipedes can CRAWL OUT OF THE TOILET BOWL!!!!??????

What I usually do is wet the whole floor and scoop the buggers that pop up in the toilet. Well, found a particular big one, and I didn't see it go down when I flushed and I watched a small one crawl out of the bowl. I did find the big one the next day when it crawled by my FOOT!!!!

Hurling? It was the multi-orifice type of feeling (mouth and nose. Thought my eyes as well!).

Pete: I do have to say I thought about you and that gave me strength but it wasn't a fun night that night.

Matter of fact, I know this is TMI, but I'm still looking for that first "normal" movement! lol.

I'm hoping it's coming to town tomorrow!!!

:)

<<burp>>

Hi,

"Wife took me to an 89 baht all-you-can-eat place last night...and I must say...why???"

Have not tried any, but from just driving past them, I would tend to agree. I too am rather worried about the quality of the food, and assume that it is not that high. Most likely it is similar quality to the streetvendors and I am usually not that impressed there (lots of fat, skin, bones, etc).

Sanuk!

Archived