Champions League 2005 / 2006

ultras67

"i said at the time of the Benfica Game that the MU Players were all experienced and should have needed no motivation.

the Manager puts out what he thinks is his best Team and if they don't perform after all the preparation then there is not a lot he can do.

yes he might make Substitutions and change the formation of the Team but if the application of the Team is not there then he is helpless."

Sure, every team has an offday, not even chelsea are invincible everyweek but if the players are regularly not performing to their potential then that is down to the manager, simply saying that player are experienced and should have no need for motivation does not hold for me, it's certainly been a big frustration for Liverpool fans over the last few years to see big name or even journeymen simply happy to go through the motions to pay up very large pay checks a manager needs to weed out that mentality. I would suggest that simpy because fergie was so bloody good at it most MU fans of the last 15 years are just not too aware of how easy it is for this to creep in to a team.

"and also it is well known that Fergie has little to do with the Day to Day training at MU and it is left down to Carlos Queroz.

but his methods are not popular and many of the senior Players have moaned about his methods and tactics."

Again understand what your saying but at the end of the day as you point out with moyes the buck stops with the manger if the methods of queroz are causing problems or not achieving their goals then it is the manager who ultimately has to change them to make sure they do achieve their goals.

"and don't forget Fergie has always sorted out the men from the Boy's when it comes down to what is best for MU.

he has never been afraid to sell Players who he has thought of as failing his standards or crossing him.

he caused a furore by selling Hughes (A LEGEND),Kanchelskis (i loved him) and Ince (A TOTAL WANKER).

and Stam,Yorke,Cole and more famously Beckham and Keane."

Of course, but for me the last two are sad (for MU fans at least) and not an indicator of what was ultimately best for united, and the Beckham sale certainly seemed pivotal for me as a point where fergies ego got the better of his judgement. I never ever saw Beckham give less than 100% commitment on the pitch for united it's not as if he was paraletic in nighclubs everynight or had a nasty coke habit. It wasn't even a good transer fee considering the commercial worth of the man, and with keane I don't believe for a second the fergie of old would have ever let that situation get anywhere near to where it eventually ended up.

Still, personally I hope fergie goes on for another 10 years.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but as i said Moyes is very hands-on when it comes to training and has a Team of Assistants who help out.

Moyes accepts the buck stops with him because he is so involved.

this does not apply to Fergie.

the departure of Keane is unfortunate and while over the Years the bond between Keane and Fergie has been so strong,it had waned a little in the last couple of Years.

Keane's crime was to say that certain Players were not good enough to wear the Red Shirt and i have to agree with him.

and i also think Fergie started to see that the Keane of old was beginning to fade a little.

i see Schmeichel has talked in the press and said much the same that Keane said,and Schmikes is talking about thing when looking into the situation from outside.

Beckham is and always has been a WANKER,not that it ever stopped me celebrating any of his Goals.

the relationship between him and Fergie was always strained after Beckham met the stick-insect.

they had always been so close and it slowly eroded after Vicky came on the scene.

Beckham was always a petulant twat and while he may have put his heart into every Game (which i doubt) he had issues other than Football.

i think Fergie recognised the signs with all the off-field activities and decided enough was enough.

since leaving MU Beckham has a bad disciplinary record while with England and in Spain.

once he lost the Fathership of Fergie he lost other things.

i for one was not sorry to see Beckham leave,and he's certainly playing for a crap Team now.

but probably still better than playing for Arsenal...........

• 1 month later...

need help here Guys.

trying to sort out my Team as the CL is with us again in 12 Days.

had problems changing my Team and i realised that i/we have to pick a whole new Squad.

is this right?,have i got to pick a new Squad?.

what happens about the points we scored in the Knock-Out Stages?.

do we keep those or do we all start from Zero again?.

thanks.

at the end of the Knock-out Stages the Table looked like this.

1 Bangkok Makems Gordie Geordie 48 272

2 sayjann's flyers phuket lover 33 266

3 Zaad's Zombies Zaad BatiGoal 50 257

4 Soi Park Gooners K Man 31 246

5 Sathorn Saints ultras 67 34 219

6 Randomisers Blue Bear 30 185

just looking through the Site and a little surprised at a couple of things.

i see Iceland are top of the Best Countries League.

for a Country which has little Football History,it seems the Locals know the Game.

and 113 Entries fron Antarctica is an even bigger surprise.

but then again i suppose the Guys have nothing else to do but play the Game when it is -40 outside and a stroll in the park is not a good idea.

As for the Champions League matches this week:

Tuesday:

PSV - Lyon

Bayern Munich - AC Milan

Benfica - Liverpool

Real Madrid - Arsenal

Wednesday:

Ajax - Internazionale

Chelsea - Barcelona

Werder Bremen - Juventus

Glasgow Rangers - Villareal

BTW, don't forget to send in a CL team for those (very few) members here who took the effort to join this game.

GO BENFICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer:

Arsenal beats RM in Madrid 0-1 :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

That opens the door to the enxt round a bit more although the London game will be tough.

Woodgate only played 9 minutes, what's this all about?

Zaad;

You must be happy with Benfica's 1-0 win over Liverpool but not so happy with the same scoreline for Lyon vs PSV.

My prediction is that Arsenal, Liverpool, Milan and Lyon will make it through to the next round.

If Arsenal make it to the next, it'll be Barca or Chelsea. Ouch.

Woodgate suffered a torn Hamstring.

when is that Guy gonna get some luck and be free from injury?.

the 2nd Legs involving Arsenal and Liverpool are nicely set up.

Liverpool have to attack i wonder wether Benfica will play for the Draw or go out and try and score?.

Arsenal can relax a little and play their Game and just stop RM scoring.

but i didn't think that RM looked that good from the glimpses i saw of the Game.

RM know that the CL will probably be their last chance of a Trophy this Season and they will have to go and attack Arsenal,they have to score..........

Which should play into Arsenal's hand. The game is not won yet tho. RM won't surrender that easily.

Benfica will not go a for a goal and I expect Liverpool to get through with one or two goals, posibly with extra time if they score only once.

For PSV it looks grim. Don't think they have the class to outplay Lyon, although that's exactly what they did last year.

Milan has the home advantage with an away goal to top it off.

Fine result for Benfica and I couldn't expect more.

Liverpool definitely had the first 20 min of the game but what followed was a slight advantage to my team for the rest of the game but without creating decent goal-scoring chances for both teams though.

Liverpool didn't have a good game but the same must be said for the Portuguese.

A fair reflection I'd say, .. in my honest biased opinion :beer:

Liverpool will be afraid of conceding a goal at home which I believe will seriously affect their game.

Benfica will make it :up:

Congrats to Arsenal Limbo, well done!

Game over for PSV, I see little chance of them outplaying Lyon in France..All I can do is hope for a miracle.

Archived