Champions League 2005 / 2006

ultras67

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another entry today Zaad.

a shame that only 3 People have entered so far,after all i don't think it's too difficult to name 8 Teams and then let me do the work.

and the prize of ME buying a case of Beer is not to be sneezed at...........

funny how we had all the Aussies and CS praising their Teams and saying how well they would do.

but they cannot be bothered to try and predict it.

not long to go now until the big Game..........

you better start having those drinks to drown your sorrows.

what a terrible thing,no European Football for Benfica after Wednesday........... :grinyes:

time to play the Game of 'guess the Managers mind'.

some Teams already qualified and will Players be rested.

i think Eto'o will be rested again and Larsson will come in so i think that's a change in my Team.

how seriously will Liverpool and Chelsea treat the Game and which Players if any rested.

and back to the CL

I am really in 2 minds tonight. For so many years I have seen Rangers in a position where all we needed was a draw or hold on for the last 5 minutes without conceding a goal to go through to the next round. Guess what happens? Yup, we lose.

We have had the worst domestic run in 100 odd years and after the weekends debacle, I dont see how we could beat Inter - even though they are sending a much reduced team.

Our two best strikers wont be fit - Prso and Novo, so we have to rely on the duffers of Jeffers, Thomson and kids. Then lets not mention the defence at all :(

Even if we draw we have to rely on Artmedia doing the right thing and not win. And if we lose we HAVE to have a draw in the other game.

So, do I stay up until 2.30am and watch the game or try and forget about it and go to bed and get the result ( and any joy or disappointment ) tomorrow? Fecked if I know.

No matter what, I see it being McLeish's last game. At the moment, the team and him have lost faith in each other and I dont see a way out unless we get either a new team or a new manager in. Guess which will be easier. Bye Bye Alex

It will be hard but it has to be done, being 5th at this point in the league is nothing short of disgraceful and we have to make the change.

I am probably stupid enough to stay up :banghead::cussing:

REAT BIG FUCKING DANCING BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

And of course, I went to bed to get a few hours sleep before watching the gamm and guess whose alarm didnt go off. I woke up just after the final whistle and they are showing the weekly goals round up on espn - what happened to the post game analysis??? so i had to rely on the internet for the score.

i am soooooo glad I was wrong but it still doesnt change my view of McLeish. This has to be his time to leave with dignity and go out on a high.

Go now while you have this goodwill ALex, please.

i saw the Goals and imagined you dancing around the room with a drink in hand.

down to my Boys now to make it a clean sweep for the Brits.

another Scoreless bore between Chelsea and Liverpool.

as they had both Qualified i thought they might go for it and give us an exciting Game after 3 previous boring ones,but no they couldn't be arsed.........both were so negative.

and Essien was at it again,his DELIBRATE FOUL on Harmann was atrocious.

as with the tackle against Bolton he got away with it by laying on the floor and looking puzzled.

the Ref was 4 Feet away for fuck's sake and did nothing.......

Harmann was lucky not have a broken leg or rvrn worse not to have his career ended and guess who didn't see it either?........none other than Mourinho.

she shrugged his Shoulders when asked about and talked about the Sissoko tackle on Gudjohnson.

that also was reckless but i think Sissoko was a little unfortunate with it and he used nothing of the force that Essien used.

Essien has been vilified alnight since the tackle in the Media and rightly so.

good to see that all the Pundits thought the tackle was horrific.

sayjann said:

another Scoreless bore between Chelsea and Liverpool.

as they had both Qualified i thought they might go for it and give us an exciting Game after 3 previous boring ones,but no they couldn't be arsed.........both were so negative.

and Essien was at it again,his DELIBRATE FOUL on Harmann was atrocious.

as with the tackle against Bolton he got away with it by laying on the floor and looking puzzled.

the Ref was 4 Feet away for fuck's sake and did nothing.......

Harmann was lucky not have a broken leg or rvrn worse not to have his career ended and guess who didn't see it either?........none other than Mourinho.

she shrugged his Shoulders when asked about and talked about the Sissoko tackle on Gudjohnson.

that also was reckless but i think Sissoko was a little unfortunate with it and he used nothing of the force that Essien used.

Essien has been vilified alnight since the tackle in the Media and rightly so.

good to see that all the Pundits thought the tackle was horrific.

Coulnd't agree more, Essien should of walked. Even I - being totally biased as I am - coulnd't defend him. However, I will add that there were a few other *ahem* crunching tackles, that at least merited a yellow.

The linesmen were a fucking disgrace though...... :cussing: :cussing:

As for the boring game, yep, as a neutral I'm sure it was....but at least we are through to the next round :grinyes::doah::cover::stirthepo

sayjann said:

Sayjann, mate, I could almost feel sorry for you tonight - but fuck it, I support Sunderland! Anyway, good a time as any to mention that you are no longer top of the fantasy league! Even without a captain!!

How come I'm doing so shite in the domestic league?

Archived