Champions League 2005 / 2006

ultras67

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REAT BIG FUCKING DANCING BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

We did it, we did it,

So did we, So did we,

So did we, So did we,

So did we, So did we,

So did we, So did we,

So did we, So did we,

So did we, So did we,

So did we, So did we,

So did we, So did we,

So did we, So did we,

So did we, So did we,

:beer:

Well done my Benfica! :up:

disappointed but not surprised.

MU have been poor in this Years Competition and their Home form put them out.

scored the early Goal and then let Benfica walk all over them for the rest of the 1st Half.

2 Goals conceded which were both avoidable but again the Defence was poor.

i thought in the 2nd Half that MU had the possession but just failed to penetrate and didn't even look like scoring.

so we lose our proud record of being the only Team to qualify for every knock-out stage in the CL.

but MU are still the only Team to win the CL without losing a Game.

good luck to Benfica but i still don't think they are that good a side and i don't think they will get much further in the Competition.

Limbo.

i don't agree with your comment about Fergie.

he can only put his best Team available on the Pitch and if they do not perform then not really the Managers fault.

MU's Team was probably the strongest they could have put out but they just didn't do the business.

not the Managers fault,down to the Players.

i'm in 2 minds now.

perhaps this result will persuade the Glazers to fuck off as they thought they were buying into a successful Team,they must be shaking their heads now.

but on the other hand if they do walk then they leave MU with the biggest debt in World Football............

Congrats Zaad!!

How about Benfica - Arsenal?

Thanks Limbo and yeah I wouldn't mind drawing you.

The thing is that Portuguese teams can't achieve under pressure. Drawing the likes of Werder Bremen or Ajax for example would leave no real favorite.

Getting the Arse would put us in underdog position which benefits our performance for some reason.

And at least it'd be a game I could follow on tv since the English teams get live coverage in Thailand ;)

P.S. it may ruin our friendship though.... :beer:

Sayjann,

scored the early Goal and then let Benfica walk all over them for the rest of the 1st Half.

2 Goals conceded which were both avoidable but again the Defence was poor.

The first one wasn't really Man U defence to blame IMO. It was a somewhat unexpected pass since O'shea was blocking the way but the pass went through his legs. The others must have though the Benfica player would make another move or two. Their view was blocked, the surprise pass came and everybody was watching birds except Geovanni.

The second goal from Beto was a lucky one. But those count as well.

i thought in the 2nd Half that MU had the possession but just failed to penetrate and didn't even look like scoring.

The possibility was definitely there. Benfica doesn't have the strongest defence so to speak and there was enough space for Man U to cause serious damage. Could've gone either way honestly, just glad it went my way this time :)

good luck to Benfica but i still don't think they are that good a side and i don't think they will get much further in the Competition.

As I said earlier (way earlier) in this thread Sayjann, Benfica got a new trainer and quite a few fresh pair of legs on top of that. I believe they have done very well to survive this group at such an early stage. Still so much work needs to be done to improve as a team which is why they'll be a lot stronger next year when the CL resumes next stage.

Not saying they have a serious go at the title, no, just stating they're nowhere near full strength yet.

Limbo.

i don't agree with your comment about Fergie.

he can only put his best Team available on the Pitch and if they do not perform then not really the Managers fault.

MU's Team was probably the strongest they could have put out but they just didn't do the business.

not the Managers fault,down to the Players

I do agree with Limbo and not because he's a cheesehead :)

Ferguson can NOT just only put the best team available on the pitch. If it were only that simple.. he needs to focus on his players weaknesses and improve those during training sessions. Team weaknesses as well and improve those too.

One fine example is Cristiano Ronaldo. You don't like him, but you can't say he's not talented. He used to play a lot for himself, especially in his early days, but seems to be working for the team now as well, but still not enough.

I say change his style somewhat, get him to work his ass off for the team, chitchat about tactical strategies in order to improve both his play and the team's performance.

Many of Man U's weaknesses are still there and the performance is IMO pretty much on the same line as it was 1-2 seasons ago. It's Ferguson to blame. He can put the best players on the pitch but he can't let them play better, he can't improve them, he can't get them to perform and get results.

I think Hiddink will take his job when he decides to leave PSV at the end of the season. ::

Zaad,

You're stuck with your new trainer a lot longer than you hoped for now!

Benefica - Arsenal would be a good draw. As long as Henry and Pires won't take any penalties!

Hiddink to ManU, that would prove to be a shrewd move, for everybody invovled. Like the vd Sar move!

Hmmmm, you're not as dumb as I always think you are :elephant::chili::yay:

Team Manager Mat Tot

1 Bangkok Makems Gordie Geordie.....48....272

2 sayjann's flyers phuket lover.........33.....266

3 Zaad's Zombies Zaad BatiGoal.......50.....257

4 Soi Park Gooners K Man...............31.....246

5 Sathorn Saints ultras 67.............34.....219

6 Randomisers Blue Bear................30.....185

7 silly phuket lover 2...................31.......135

Turns out I had 6 players not playing during the week (including my captain), so considering that I did pretty well I suppose ::

After the draw, you will be free to totally rebuild your squad with no restrictions as if you were starrting from stratch.

I think Fergie is possibly ruing the decision to stay on rather than retire when he had the chance. It is time for him to go, his record on recent signings is far too poor for a club like that. You dont need lightweights to hang onto the good stars, you need folk to just jump straight in and perform.

Get rid of the back 4, they are just not good enough.

I saw the Essien tackle this afternoon and OUCH!! That must surely be actionable by UEFA.

Now for the next round.

Two things to take into account, one is the playing situation and the other is the fans. Potentially we could take 7-10 thousand fans to the away tie.

I quite fancy an Arsenal - Rangers tie. I think historically we have quite a good record against them. The problem would be ( and the same with Liverpool ) is the capacity. I can see both clubs agreeing to have no away fans. I would actually rank Arsenal / Liverpool / Villareal as the weakest of the group winners.

The one I would not want on the playing side is Barcelona but they have a huge ground so lots of fans would go and we have fond memories of winning the Cup Winners Cup there.

Ah fuck it. I just want us to have all our players back from injury and give a good account of ourselves.

i don't think Fergie needs to motivate the Players he picks.

the Team he picked was very strong and needed no motivation.

no Youngsters were included in the starting line-up,just Players with CL experience.

some have had many Years experience in the CL,PL and for their Countries.

he can only say so much on the training ground and in the dressing room but it's down to them when they get on the pitch.

the Players knew how important this Game was and some seemed that they could'nt be bothered.

picking Ronaldo was a mistake as it was obvious that the Benfica Players would try and wind him up (which they did very well) and the crowd was always going to be on his back because of his link with Sporting Lisbon.

i would rather that Park started the Game.

we had one of the easier Groups (no disrespect to the other Teams) but MU should have sailed through it.

losing this Game didn't knock us out,it was the inability to win at Home against Villareal and Lille.

but as i've said before i cannot understand Fergie's insistence of playing with 1 Forward at Home and looking for a breakaway.

surely when at Home you should be going for it from the first whistle?.

Archived