Champions League 2005 / 2006

ultras67

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fucking typical. 4 games overnight. 2 are shown live on espn / star and one delayed and guess which game isnt shown?

thats right the fucking bastard wankng rangers one. Looking at the tv schedules, the other games are going to be repeatedly about 10 times - just over 3 REPEATS for each game. How many times will the rangers game be shown in total? ONCE!!! Tomorrow afternoon at 3pm.

Obviously the outdoor games repeats of 2001 where have the dog long jump, dog obstacle course, fishing, X games from god knows where from god knows when will pull in far more viewers than a game that was not shown live and then repeated at a time when most folk are in work.

Cracking game it seems and we are still in with a chance of going through! Just need to work out how many minutes I need to miss work tomorrow now ;)

I've been watching la Liga all season and to be fair, Real Madrid were crap and have been crap all season with the exception of the last month. But even so, they haven't played and beaten anyone in the top tier in la Liga the past few weeks as as well. Still I'm overjoyed by Arsenal's win obviously and it should have scored another and killed off the tie. My big fear is that Real Madrid score first in the 2nd leg. They are coming guns blazing.

Barca/Chelski match was a strange one. I didn't think the Del Horno sending off was a red card but there was a prior incident. A yellow would have been warranted in my opinion. I will have to say that Chelski's current confidence got them their goal. We experienced that when we were on top and so did Man Yoo. It comes with being in form and the top club. They fought hard. Mourinho is complaining and maybe rightfully so but like Wenger he will develop a repuatation as a moaner. There were a couple hand balls that should have went Barca's way. Barca seemed settled on a 0-0 game till Chelski scored and they went into over drive. They have a phenominal attack. Messi...Ronaldinho..Eto...Larsson...Deco... I think the tie is over. Can't see Chelsea getting anything more than a draw at the Nou Camp. They have to come at Barca and leave themselves open to counter and with Eto and Ronaldinho and Messi all with pace and finishing, that's a scary thing to any opposition. What's with the pitch? I'm not accusing Chelsea of anything but the pitch was in terrible shape. C'mon Roman, spend a few quid on a proper pitch, why don'tcha?

Benfica got lucky late. Liverpool will come out and Liverpool scores in the first half it will get interesting. Same with RM.

Can't help but feeling satisfied for Barca's win. Just to stuff it to Moaner. Strange it has to come to this!

Del Horno's sending off was justified IMO and Robben is lucky not to get a yellow seconds before when he went in two legged!

Other than that, Barca's my third team after Vitesse and Arsenal, so well done!

have to agree with Stevis comments about RM.

they haven't looked good all Season and i think they are losing their status is Spain.

Arsenal lost Baptista to them but not surprising as South Americans normally prefer Spain to England and their wages will probably be much higher.

RM are shit at the back and most of the Defenders can't defend anyway.

the top Players these Days would pick Barca over RM anyday IMO.

didn't see the Chelsea Game but saw the Goals and the sending off in about 30 Seconds worth of highlights.

Del Horno's challenge was reckless and stupid,maybe not a Red but he didn't need to make it and he did go in hard and high.

good Goal from Eto'o though.

i don't think Chelsea will pull it off in the 2nd Leg.

away at the Nou Camp is a daunting task and they will have to attack and win by 2 Goals and i just can't see that happening.

but as they say 'it's a funny old game'.

but saying all that i am laughing my bollocks off at Chelsea losing........... :rotfl::elephant::chili::grinyes::D

their plan of fucking the pitch up backfired and i think on a good pitch against Barca they will be outplayed....... :applause:

and i see Limbo is up to his old tricks again.

starts supporting Arsenal when they are successful in England and now tells us he also supports Barca.

can't remember him ever telling us that before and funny he says it when Barca are top of La Liga........ :doah:

i support Cowbenbeath (known as the Scottish Brazil) who play in the Scottish Division 3.

they are crap having spent 99% of their History in the bottom Division.

they have the biggest Pitch in the UK and are currently having a good Season and have a chance of Promotion......... :applause::chili:

i cheer them every Game.

saw them play in 1996 in front of a Crowd of 166.......... :tophat:

chance of a Lifetime to pay for an Executive Box and went for it.

cost me £12 for the luxury............. :beer:

won 3-2 with the great Tommy Yardley scoring the winner in the last Minute.............. :yay::elephant::chili::beer::grinyes:;) ::

the experience ALMOST eclipsed the experience of the Nou Camp in May 1999.........

remember that all you Chelsea and Arsenal Fans?.

i'm still trying to find out when you ever experienced that feeling.......... :neener:

I understand your pain Ultras67, I've had the same with my (smaller) clubs.

Big games get live coverage and the smaller ones not. But the fact that the highlights are on at the worst moments of the day pisses me off as well. :down:

As for Chelsea, I think Del Horno's first tackle was yellow and possibly red. Second one yellow for sure, in all being sent off is what he IMO deserved. Reckless.

Reminds me of the cameroun tackles versus Argentine in the WC1990 against Cannigia. :)

What a good player that Messi is.

Sayjann,

55555 you make my day. Barca is a long time fave of mine, kinda my continental team.

Unfortunately I never made it to see them at Nou Camp, just saw this stadium from the road when you enter Barcelona.

Saw Barca win the last Euro Cup 2 in Rotterdam vs PSG with Ronaldo in the team; 14/05/97.

If you look at older posts in this forum, you'll find that I absolutely hate RM!

sayjann said:

i support Cowbenbeath (known as the Scottish Brazil) who play in the Scottish Division 3.

ahem. I sure you meant to say the Blue Brazil.

Just seen the goals ( finally ! ) on Football Crazy. If there is ever a justification for changing this crazy offise rule, its the 2nd Villareal goal. Its just too crazy to explain - its all about the phases and active players.

Oh yes, Sportscentre. The premier sport review programme?? I dont think so. The coverage for the Inter v Ajax AND Rangers v Villareal combined was less than just the interview with Steve McMahon about the sending off!

and here is the updated fantasy table

Team Manager.......................... Mat Tot

1 Bangkok Makems Gordie Geordie.....34....306

2 sayjann's flyers phuket lover.........24.....290

3 Zaad's Zombies Zaad BatiGoal.......30.....287

4 Soi Park Gooners K Man................36.....282

5 Sathorn Saints ultras 67..............42......261

6 Randomisers Blue Bear................29......214

7 silly phuket lover 2.....................0......135

Been looking at a couple of the Rangers forums and here are some pics of the displays we had before the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwQ1qGjl29Y

http://i1.tinypic.com/oawvpz.jpg

and from previous games

http://i1.tinypic.com/oaww8w.jpg

http://i1.tinypic.com/oawwo9.jpg

These are the guys who organise them all and have loads morepics. Until last night, all the displays are paid for and produced by the fans, not the club.

Archived