is it true you can shoot a cow with a bazzuka in ?

belfastish

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FIGJAM said:

All I see is the pleasure to kill animals for fun.

Rifles, guns, traps, hunting dogs and bazookas are just different ways to do it.

OK now I understand. I think what we are dealing with here is your limited vision. I don't hunt so I can't talk about hunter's motives though I think there may be a lot more to it than simply watching animals explode. I do like fishing as I mentioned. You like analogies so here's a simple one.

Sitting in a boat waiting for fish to bite, hauling them in, putting them back, maybe killing one now and then (but not taking any pleasure in the actual killing) is not the same thing as dropping a stick of dynamite in a barrel of fish just for laughs. I'm surprised you can't see that. I don't think it's a question of cruelty for cruelty's sake but it may be a question of callousness.

Now you'll probably say hey, there are some callous assholes around, live with it. I do. :)

Guest lazyphil

yawn!...fish hooks are more painfull than dynamite, dynamite will kill instantly, hooks maim, sometimes i've hauled fish in by its eye :: fox hunting was banned, fishing is next on the antis brigade list, any empathy for their reasoning i.e. its cruel.........the dynamite example isn't caulous just a crude method of fishing.

lazyphil said:

yawn!...fish hooks are more painfull than dynamite, dynamite will kill instantly, hooks maim, sometimes i've hauled fish in by its eye :: fox hunting was banned, fishing is next on the antis brigade list, any empathy for their reasoning i.e. its cruel.........the dynamite example isn't caulous just a crude method of fishing.

Yawn is right. I'm sure you don't get pleasure out of hooking fish through the eye. Anyway all this talk about hunting and fishing etc. is beside the point (blowing up a tethered cow with a bazooka for fun). I'm not talking about dynamiting fish as practiced in the Philippines and other places. Maybe the analogy wasn't clear. I was talking about putting fish in a barrel then blowing it up for fun.

Somebody who blows up a tethered cow for fun has a screw loose in my opinion. I don't know how to put it any clearer. Maybe it's considered normal healthy behaviour in some places but I still think it's flakey.

I heard people want to ban fishing in the UK. You''l need licences to breathe in the UK one of these days....or they'll start rationing air. :)

chuckwoww said:
FIGJAM said:

Rifles, guns, traps, hunting dogs and bazookas are just different ways to do it.

OK now I understand. I think what we are dealing with here is your limited vision. I don't hunt so I can't talk about hunter's motives

LOL! You're such a joke! :rotfl:

though I think there may be a lot more to it than simply watching animals explode. I do like fishing as I mentioned. You like analogies so here's a simple one.

Sitting in a boat waiting for fish to bite, hauling them in, putting them back, maybe killing one now and then (but not taking any pleasure in the actual killing) is not the same thing as dropping a stick of dynamite in a barrel of fish just for laughs. I'm surprised you can't see that. I don't think it's a question of cruelty for cruelty's sake but it may be a question of callousness.

Both methods (fishing rods + baits and bombs) can be used (and ARE used) to procure food to eat or to have "fun".

I will leave to you to decide if it's more painful, for the fishes, to be practically instantly killed by the shock wave or to get a hook through your body and then slowly asphyxiate on a boat when your agony is probably even more prolonged by the ice or the occasional bucket of water thrown at you to keep you "fresh"...

BTW, there are fishermen who, at the end of the day, take away all, most or part of what they have caught since the pleasure is just that of catch and kill the prey.

If it was otherwise they will instantly throw back in the water their prey (if they haven't injured them too badly) once they have caught them and "won".

Moreover, notwithstanding the fact that fishing is one of the more "gore-less" hunting activities, as lazyphil has already pointed out there still are folks (of the same kind that would get deadly horrified by our cows blowing up thing) who want to get it banned exactly like all the other types of hunting.

Now you'll probably say hey, there are some callous assholes around, live with it. I do. :)

No, I will just repeat that it's probably too easy for you to understand. Live with it.

FIGJAM said:
chuckwoww said:
FIGJAM said:

OK now I understand. I think what we are dealing with here is your limited vision. I don't hunt so I can't talk about hunter's motives

LOL! You're such a joke! :rotfl:

though I think there may be a lot more to it than simply watching animals explode. I do like fishing as I mentioned. You like analogies so here's a simple one.

Both methods (fishing rods + baits and bombs) can be used (and ARE used) to procure food to eat or to have "fun".

I will leave to you to decide if it's more painful, for the fishes, to be practically instantly killed by the shock wave or to get a hook through your body and then slowly asphyxiate on a boat when your agony is probably even more prolonged by the ice or the occasional bucket of water thrown at you to keep you "fresh"...

BTW, there are fishermen who, at the end of the day, take away all, most or part of what they have caught since the pleasure is just that of catch and kill the prey.

If it was otherwise they will instantly throw back in the water their prey (if they haven't injured them too badly) once they have caught them and "won".

Moreover, notwithstanding the fact that fishing is one of the more "gore-less" hunting activities, as lazyphil has already pointed out there still are folks (of the same kind that would get deadly horrified by our cows blowing up thing) who want to get it banned exactly like all the other types of huntings.

No, I will just repeat that it's probably too easy for you to understand. Live with it.

What a load of red herrings (If you'll excuse the joke). Get back on topic. You obviously think blowing up tethered cows with bazookas is normal healthy behaviour. Why not just say so?

Archived