is it true you can shoot a cow with a bazzuka in ?

belfastish

suadum said:

(I'm bored...it's raining)

Well, looking over your posts, you vigorously hate hunters and slaughterhouse (confirmed by agreeing with LPs post), yet you admit that you partake of their byproducts, i.e., animal flesh & skin. You decide if that equals hypocracy or not.

Firstly, show me where I have stated that I "vigorously hate" hunters. I have merely written that "I too dislike it". I thought that "love", "like", "dislike", "hate" (and "vigorously hate") had rather different meanings in English...

What do I dislike exactly? I dislike seeing bodies (human and animal) being hurt/killed, I dislike pain inflicted to an unwilling party for someone else's fun.

That's why I don't usually enjoy watching even fighting sports between humans or animals.

Even circus shows sometimes make me uneasy for some reason.

That's not to say that I don't like a bit of "roughness" and "action".

My passions (besides girls, booze, d---s and music) have always been motorbikes, go-karts, parachuting, hang-gliding, ULMs and "instinctive shooting" (dunno the English for this one, it's the opposite of precision shooting in ranges).

I have even been a professional motorbike racer for a couple of racing seasons in the Italian Sport Production Championship.

Secondly, slaughterhouses don't have much business here. Here it's all about killing for fun (I have written and highlithed in bold this very same point over and over, how have you managed to miss it "looking over my posts"?)

As far as your arguements being stupid/intelligent, again I'll let you decide.

Thanks to use with me the same courtesy I used with you :)

While hunters do so for sport (i.e., fun), hunting is carefully controlled by wildlife experts (permits issued in limited numbers, violators prosecuted). Better for an animal to be killed quickly by a gunshot than slowly and painfully starve to death when that is the only option, don't you agree.

You aren't talking about hunting there, you're talking about population management through hunting. Apples and oranges...

The "real" hunting is regulated (in the West, at least) but all the regulations do, is to limit the number of animals the hunters can kill (and the periods of time during which hunting is allowed) in order to avoid the disappearance of the species hunted.

What your link is about is something that MUST be done (like, if I am not mistaken, something similar to what Australia periodically does to control the overpopulation of kangaroos and other species).

What the hunt has always been about, and still is apart from these particular cases, has very little to do with overpopulation control and has often caused the underpopulation or the disappearance of the species hunted.

No traps or dogs used as you state in the US. I cannot say about other places.

"The U.S. Govt Fish and Wildlife Service's mission is, working with others, to conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife, and plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people."

On their site they class hunting as a "recreational activity" and list the laws and rules for the various states.

Traps and dogs are generally used ALSO in the US. Actually, they seem more permissive than many places in Europe (where the hunters' lobby is much less powerful).

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
khwaimaisabai said:

Hi fig,

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify my position on this:

1. I don't like the idea of blowing up cows and am not interested in killing animals for fun. (PC)

2. I like late teen Thai girls but have never (knowingly) taken advantage of one forced into the situation. (Hypocrite?)

3. I eat meat (hypocrite) and have no problems with p4p if all parties are consenting adults. (OK)

Khwai

Apart from the obvious jokes being made here disorderly confusing and mixing up the various issues, I can't see how eating meat would be hypocrite.

Moreover, not liking the idea of blowing up cows and not being interested in killing animals for fun is not necessarily PC. Political correctness is the biggest hypocrisy ever since it condemns (or condones) certain things based on certain values and principles yet condones (or condemns) other things which should be equally condemned (or condoned) if we were going by the same values and principles.

My "extreme" examples were meant to show what the logic consequencies of thoroughly and coherently applying the underlying values and principles that make us condemn cows blowing would be.

As for me, I like to eat meat, fish, pasta, spaghetti and pizza, screw untethered domesticated and undomesticated girls and may even blow up a couple of cows' asses one of these days...

Still haven't got how even blowing up cows doesn't make me a hypocrite?

'Cause I am not one of those running around crying their indignation for what they are taught (by our PC society) is wrong without realizing the contradiction, inconsistency and hypocrisy of it all and refusing to acknowledge the big picture of the real life.

FIGJAM said:
chuckwoww said:

Specifically killing tethered domestic animals for fun . Carry on. :)

Hadn't it more appropriately become killing animals for fun? Carry on the proofreading. :)

No it hadn't. A couple of people tried to deflect it into a hunting issue (we also had cock-fighting, slaughterhouses and bullfights) but the subject of the thread is pretty clear. We are talking about killing a tethered domestic animal with a 'bazzuka' for fun. Carry on trying to justify it. :)

Guest lazyphil

<<So can we have a little recap? Anybody who indulges in P4P and eats meat but thinks blowing up helpless cows is border line psychotic is being PC? Is that it? >>

I'm a hypocrite, I know flying on jumbo jets is an environmental disaster but choose to carry on, using products used on animals to make sure they wont hurt me is very questionable but I carry on using them, I torture fish for my relaxation time and through them back into the river is just plain wrong, i used to read in the angling press us fishermen trying to rebuke the anti brigade who say fish feel pain, they'd say no they dont when deep down we know its most likely its agony for them, eating meat causes untold suffering to animals getting driven across europe or america etc in boiling hot trailers to be butchered for our gusto for steaks etc, paying for services from 3rd world Thai women has a negative effect on the host country (and some positive, tourist dollar but i would say on balance more the negative) and its reputation and I dare say I?d still be chasing them if my circumstances were different.

Blowing up a cow is quite grotesque and barbaric but many things we do have a very negative/grotesque impact on the beasts that share our planet and the planet itself, the cambo cow thing is something very tangibly horrible we can all get very passionate about and say how awful it is and just do nothing about all the other things us as humans inflict on our environment and beasts mostly because in many cases its just to inconvenient . Ramble over, pick it to bits, your most welcome too!

Old Hippie said:

Fig and Chuck,

This conversation has gotton quite boring and redundant. The point is, I am right, my opinion is correct, and all others are wrong. That simple.

Yesterday it was boring. Today for some reason I felt like posting. Means nothing really but I like to see people trying to defend something like blowing up cows with RPGs. Human ingenuity is limitless. You never know what justification they're going to come up with next. :)

Archived