is it true you can shoot a cow with a bazzuka in ?

belfastish

rchapstick said:

Dearest Ranger

You ignorant slut! have you not heard a word of 30+ repetitive posts I have made on this subject. Are you a functional illiterate? Must I cut and paste quotes from 50 or more randomly selected posts to drive my inane and pointless arguements thru your thick skull?

Must I repeat myself over and over and over and over and ...

Warmest Regards,

FIGJ..... errrr, rchapstick

PS. Suadum, stop making fun of me

Well, it's clear that you both have followed closely the Stick/violence thread and have thoroughly read my inane posts there.

So, why is it that you haven't felt the need to contribute with your acute and witty observations in the thread about violence on human beings and are instead gladly and profusely posting your argute and intelligent arguments in a thread about violence on animals?

rchapstick, are you really so much more interested in a cow's ass being blown than your own being trashed?

Are you some kind of "animal lover"?..... :rotfl:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Old Hippie said:

Here is the thing, hunters usually hunt for fun AND food. As forthe guys who just blast to hang the head on the wall, I think that is a bit nuts also, usually, someone eats the meat on the hunt or in the villages I am told. The skin, head what ever are also used. Blasting itwith a L.A.W. or RPG destroys it to a point of not much left, so more less a compleate waste.

Nobody is talking about hunting to feed oneself nor about life in villages where one of the sources of food is hunting.

I'm talking about hunting FOR FUN.

And the climax of this fun activity is the killing of the pray. Try to talk hunters into letting their preys go once they have succesfully chased and trapped them...

"...I too dislike it. But since it doesn't directly harm my and other peoples' well being and freedom I say DO WHATEVER ROCKS YOUR BOAT..."

Here is the thing...one could argue, that it does harm you indirectly or maybe directly. Figure in a buddist country, where arbitrary killing is considered wrong (in theory anyway) then just destroying an animal might be considered bad. Enough farangs do it it, and we all get a bad name and lumped into the same group of money wasting drunken drunken whore chasers...face it, we all ready have a fairly bad rep in some parts, because of the actions of a few...

Who is talking farangs vs locals? I was talking in general, wherever and by whoever.

Anyway, I would be interested to know how you reconcile your idyllic vision of this Buddhist country and its religious precepts with its national sport being a very physical and "hard" fighting sport. And what about roosters fighting (and other animal fightings) so loved and practiced upcountry? What about the ruthless way they treat animals in general, from soi dogs to those in the shows?

You do worry too much about farangs' image and behaviours in this lovely, friendly, smiling, caring, peaceful Buddhist country. As I have tried to point out in other threads, the country is not so lovely, friendly, smiling, caring and peaceful as many here believe...

And speaking about farangs' behaviours in LOS, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly and, as a whole, they frankly can't compete with the ruthlessness Thais, again as a whole, are capable of.

Farang tourists are blamed by Thais as "money wasting drunken whore chasers"? Let me have a word with them and point out to them the behaviour of "some" of their Buddhist fellows... :)

Ever heard well off Thais discussing the farangs' decadent attraction for cheap whores and the way they have made LOS the brothel of the world while they are coming back from a mass visit to a MP?

Ever realized how prevalent are in practically all the strata of their society alcoholism and prostitution?

And they are not tourists on holiday.

I am in the camp that says these girls are not "forced" into this by poverty alone in most cases.

As I wrote, I agree if you are talking about the girls on the (much smaller) side of the market catering to farangs.

Elsewhere, girls more or less "forced" (with "psychological chains" or sold under "contract" by their relatives) are rife.

Still plenty of freewilling girls in Thai-on-Thai playgrounds, mind you. "Paid sex", in its broader acception, is REALLY culturally ingrained in most sectors of their society.

A surprising number of the girls "on the game" don't even really have to at all...

And yes, killing a cow that is chained up, just for the hell of it, is wrong in my book...as I said, it is a compleate waste of a valuable resource in a poor country.

Those offering this cow blowing thing ARE, IN FACT, pumping valuable resources (forex) into their poor country...

Don't you know what the money that you pay for an old sick cow can buy them in their "poor country"?

rchapstick said:

I'm saying naught (ack_JonWilly)!!!

Tho' I am wondering if Figgy is a true vegan. Cuz if not his arguements would smack of that dreaded H word...

Cheers,

SD -- who does not hunt but is a carnivore and understands the science behind controlled population culls (of which bazooka and elderly cows are not a part)

So, why is it that you haven't felt the need to contribute with your acute and witty observations in the thread about violence on human beings and are instead gladly and profusely posting your argute and intelligent arguments in a thread about violence on animals?

Cuz I'm not here for intelligent debate on important subjects. This board used to be about fun in Thailand. Way too serious and PC the past couple of years.

Ranger

Sorry to disappoint so many, but for the past year or more the biggest thing you can boffo is a goat. Cows were just too expensive, the Hindus were complaining and beside the vendors were whining about all the shrapnel in the burgers.

The whole range was closed earlier when a japanese gentleman misaimed his RPG into a fortunately deserted barracks. Damn near caused an International incident however.

Now personally, I'm into mosquito hunting. Lots of challenge, plenty of game, elusive and wary. And then there is all that blood when you nail a juicy fat female ....... ah the thrill of it all.

suadum said:
rchapstick said:

I'm saying naught (ack_JonWilly)!!!

Yep, he must be confusing nicknames, threads and maybe even boards seeing the problems he has trying to remember his own board name...

Tho' I am wondering if Figgy is a true vegan. Cuz if not his arguements would smack of that dreaded H word...

I am not and the fact that you think, after reading my posts, that I should be doesn't surprise me in the least.

We have ascertained long ago that my arguments are either too stupid or too intelligent for you to understand :)

Ranger said:

Cuz I'm not here for intelligent debate on important subjects.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

This board used to be about fun in Thailand. Way too serious and PC the past couple of years.

I think, instead, that it's not serious enough when the topics ARE serious (and no, I'm not talking about blown up cows).

Anyway, I think there is plenty of room to accomodate almost any kind of subjects and to discuss them in almost any way you please.

I just wish that when the topic IS serious and calls for a serious approach the usual clowns didn't show up to start a shit slinging contest (usually to just end up being the ones finding themselves covered in said shit).

No, I'm not talking about you, here.

On the PCness, don't get me started...

Hard to avoid it anywere nowadays, though.

FIGJAM said:

the usual clowns

Hi fig,

I realise that this is probably a futile post, but has it ever occurred to you that when nobody else agrees with your opinion, you might just be a tiny bit wrong?

Sorry to disapoint you, but disagreeing with you is not the same thing as missing the point, failing to take the subject seriously, not understanding you or being a clown.

Khwai

khwaimaisabai said:

I realise that this is probably a futile post, but has it ever occurred to you that when nobody else agrees with your opinion, you might just be a tiny bit wrong?

It may surprise you but, through intelligent (and deep, well reasoned and coherent) discussions, I do have changed my opinion in the past.

The problem is, I don't class as intelligent discussions most of the ones to be had here :)

What you usually have is people running in circles around the same already challenged points which they refuse to counter-argument, people who keep "forgetting" the points of discussion already touched upon only to raise them again later on or to bring new ones on the tables while the discussion is still opened on the old ones which they haven't sustained nor admitted their fallacy (so it's impossible to progress in the reasoning), people who reply selectively to a long articulated post only to raise their challenged points, which they haven't defended, later on in the discussion and people who simply refuse to deepen the level of discussion and choose the easiness of the shallowness and still pretend to be having an intelligent and conclusive discussion... Clowns :)

FIGJAM said:

the usual clowns

Sorry to disapoint you, but disagreeing with you is not the same thing as missing the point, failing to take the subject seriously, not understanding you or being a clown.

Khwai

You haven't quoted the full sentence, I was specifically talking about clowns who "show up just to start a shit slinging contest". I haven't called clowns those who disagree with me, miss the point or don't understand me.

Look, you have missed my point... and you are not a clown :)

:clown:

Archived