10,000+ registered users

khunsanuk

Hi,

Thanks. Yes, the decisions of the last year were quite though. The first one failed quite miserably, which resulted in the decision to go totally free again. Have to admit that that was a very tough decision and we are not nearly making as money now as before (our 'profit' is at about 30% of what it was last year).

Our costs have gone up a bit due to the change to a free site, mainly due to the increase in traffic. So, I would really like to get some more advertisers on here (*), or just more content which would result in more pageviews and therefore more adclicks, but ... well ... can't really do that alone :(

Anyway, as long as we are not losing money on the site we'll almost certainly keep it running.

Sanuk!

(*) Special promotion: 3,000 Baht/month to get a banner on NP.com, 15,000 Baht for 6 months (paid in advance)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Longevity? Don't know about other boards, but this board has been up (in various formats) since late '97 I think. The site has been up since September '96, so just about 9 years.

I think the board was also one of the first Thai nightlife related boards, maybe even the first (not sure when Thaipussy.nu started). SCT and ASFO were there before for sure, but those are newsgroups / email lists.

Sanuk!

what i like about this place is that we appear to be a Family.

yes there are arguments (which is normal) but basically most People get on.

we have different experiences and can help others,as in my case.

i was a BKK virgin despite visiting LOS a few times and due to help from other Members i managed to visit many places which i had only heard about.

i feel that i am such Friends with many Members but know i will probably never meet them in person,but that is not important,they still feel like Kin to me.

those i have met (you know who you are) wether in the UK or LOS have made me feel so welcome and embraced me into the NP Board.

i thank you all............. :beer:

Archived